What are your thoughts on 'Circus'?

11 hours ago, jonloch1 said:

i like the song but its  not a song i immediately put on if i want to listen to Britney. But i do like it and its a good song. i suppose what i dont like is how short it  is

My biggest problem with the Circus album is even after 13 years, i still cant believe Amnesia was just a deluxe bonus track! That should have been a single! its one of Britneys best song imo and its up there as my all time favourite Britney songs

I love Amnesia, but it always gives me christmas vibes. 

:idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

• Like 1

the song is lovely and i like it. the album was a bis diappointment and a big step backwards artisticly seen. was really shocked after in the zone, blackout and even britney. didnt like womanizer that much either. only mannequin and phongraphy. the circus tour also didnt help.

what restored my faith in her was the telephone leak, up n down, the femme fatale tour and the hold it against me video and the photoshoots in 2011

Circus is absolute TOP TIER Britney, it’s a masterfully created song and it’s so epic. Britney was on her throne during this era, and Circus was like her solidifying her legendary comeback. Circus is such a grand and cinematic sounding anthem, and it’s video is literally top 5 for me she and the video as a whole are stunning. Also SUCH a favorite for all of my friends who are casual fans/aren’t following her- circus is so well liked. 

Phenomenal. Didn't appreciate it as much at the time as I do now. Like someone said, I didn't enjoy that her vocals on this song (and most of the album) felt so processed and emotionless, but the song is a bop, and the video is edited sooooo well. Did it win a VMA? It should have. I have a feeling it didn't... Didn't Britney only ever actually win for POM? Which is a shame because I hate that video and she had SO MANY AMAZING ONES that deserve the true recognition of that award, not a sympathy award... 

I like it a lot, love it when it came out, but don’t listen to it often. I think it was a good representation of Britney’s life at the time too, a true circus but also a melancholic and dark undertone to it. 

The instrumental of the prechorus is unbelievably good. And like most Britney songs and singles (one of the things I love about Britney’s music) is that it has a great buildup into the last chorus.