What are your thoughts on 'Circus'?

Circus is in my Top3 Britney tracks. Its pop perfection from lyrics, to production, to Britney's delivery and so on. The music video was the best one from its era, and it still is the best circus themed music video overall. It became a signature hit and still comunicates to the audience it was meant to be, hence its organically hitting another generation of teens/youngsters. #CircusStreamingParty when?  :indulge_McDonalds_food_yum_fast_chew_eat_chomp_bite:

i like the song but its  not a song i immediately put on if i want to listen to Britney. But i do like it and its a good song. i suppose what i dont like is how short it  is

My biggest problem with the Circus album is even after 13 years, i still cant believe Amnesia was just a deluxe bonus track! That should have been a single! its one of Britneys best song imo and its up there as my all time favourite Britney songs

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Stefani said:

I like it, but I don't know if I consider it a classic or not. Circus as a whole album is sort of in the middle for me. It's a good pop album, but in still pales in comparison to ITZ and Blackout imo.

to be honest, shes never going to beat ITZ and BO, i think even Britney  would agree to that especially ITZ. Even in 2016 i think it was, she was citing songs from ITZ that werent even singles that was her favourite songs

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

i still cant believe Amnesia was just a deluxe bonus track! That should have been a single! its one of Britneys best song imo and its up there as my all time favourite Britney songs

Same same same!

As for circus the single I literally feel meh

It's a well done song, pure pop, but I never loved it. I don't usually skip it either tho so there's that, however it's definetly bottom of my list for circus singles

• Like 1

It’s very clean in comparison to ITZ and Blackout. Larry and Jive probably wanted it to be after her blackout era. I wish the edgy tracks were on the album and not just put as bonus tracks. This album would have held up better as time goes on. Circus (along with all the albums) during the conservatorship will always be tainted in that way. 

To be honest, this was packaged for the general public, and it worked back to back US Top 3 hits, could have had more, if the controversy behind if u seek Amy, didn't scare radio djs from playing it. 

Back then you needed radio support, and it basically killed Circus while she was in her most successful tour. It definitely could have gone double platinum, but Jive stopped pushing it after radar..