What are your thoughts on 'Circus'?

• Content Curators

Circus is one of Britney's songs that I've actually heard other people besides me play out loud, like really loud :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas: I personally love it.

Edited by Midnight
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

The song and video are really good!

But if we’re talking about the album, I feel like it was created fast with Blackout leftovers and lookalike songs (Womanizer is clearly Ooh Ooh Baby’s baby) as a PR Stunt. They wanted to make people forget about Britney’s past 2 years quickly so it didn’t have the same quality as previous works IMO (as a whole album). But I still enjoy some of the songs, even today #UnusualYou #OutFromUnder #ShatteredGlass #Circus

• Love 3

I liked a song from a start but After womaniser I thought it was a less “bop”.. but after week or 2 I loved it more.. 

Britney looks really beautiful in the mv thou - when she’s sitting in the front of the mirror is the prettiest she looked in that era (if I seek Amy’s “black version” comes next(lol I just remembered how **** and beautiful she is in “sweet dreams” interlude of circus tour <3)) 

and it might be considered as classic cause people remember the song and it gets even more attention because of tik-tok das few days.. 

p.s. yesterday circus received the most Daily views in its YouTube history 🤷‍♂️

• Love 1

I love circus I was obsessed with it a few years back!

I find it underrated, I think it should’ve been the first single 

the first few verses are Iconic 

“there’s only 2 types of people in the world, ones that entertain and ones that observed

oh baby I’m a put on a show kind of girl...”

I consider circus to be like the predecessor to oops because the album/era itself followed a very similar formula

if gimme more was the new bomt

then circus was the new oops

thats just how I see it

• Love 2
  • Like 1

It’s definitely underrated pop perfection and continues to grow on me. Sometimes it’s just the exact song to fit the mood for getting pumped up. 

Womanizer is just so powerful though, and because Circus hits a little differently it sort of gets lost in the shadow or overlooked due to the cliche obviousness of the visuals - literal “circus” just feels quickly tired and tacky (even though the music video is flawless).

Circus still doesn’t rank in my A-list of Britney songs, but it’s definitely high up in my B-list. 

2 minutes ago, Thecodeman25 said:

It’s a good production but the chorus has too much  myah. That’s why it sounds soulless 

I believe this could also be said for womanizer...

it sounds so robotic , I suppose she wasn’t giving it her all in the studio in contrast to blackout.... funny blackout was trashed because it sounded like Britney didn’t contribute enough when that’s the last time weave heard her sound so vocally alive besides glory

• Like 1

I love this song so much, I still listen to it on a daily basis and to be honest I never get tired of it. For me it is definitely one of Britney's classics. I was also wondering if other people here like it as much as I do. 

I may be a bit biased because during the Circus era I started to become more and more interesed in Britney, so the songs from this album hit different. I was about 12 years old then and slowly getting into pop music. Before that I had known who Britney Spears was, but I was probably not ready to appreciate her :flop_britney_candies:. I also don't think we had internet at home back then, so I was waiting for her videos to appear on some music channels. I still remember jamming to If You Seek Amy and not having a clue what it was about xD :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:.

Thanks to my friend from the elementary school I was able to listen to the full album as she downloaded it illegally from the internet and gave me the CD (sorry, not sorry sorrynotsorry GIF by Demi Lovato ), that I still have somwhere in the house xD. 

Such good memories. Anyway, go stream Circus. 

sparkling britney spears GIF

I LOVE the song and the video and it's very well known to the GP aswell 

The circus tour performance I love purely because of the production and the entrance 

POM kinda was disappointing when it came to circus and was one of the worst parts for me especially from pom 2.0 when they took the dance break out 

I'd love to see circus performed again but I think it needs to have big production 

13 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

Chile I’m 21 now 

... Oof. 😅😂🤣💀 dang, all these babies. 

Jordan and I are the same age- so at least he can relate to some of my experiences with Britney music 😂 

I absolutely love her staying power and the fact that her reach extends generations. 👏 👏 👏 

I’ve been coming to BH for years, when I was literally your age I could not imagine talking to elementary school students. Yet, here we are. 

cry crying GIF

• Haha 1