What are your thoughts on 'Circus'?

I'm talking about the single, not the album.

What are your thoughts on the song? I never really hear anyone talk about it.

Do you think it is a classic? is it forgettable?

Would you be sad if she didn't perform it again?

Exhale what are your thoughts?

rsz_1774c4d2fcebd66482a476d851efb9474.jpg.20f3ec1db8dd0ca638157d59dd51ea9e.jpg

• Like 1

from the sky, drop like confetti ♫

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm talking about the single, not the album. What are your thoughts on the song? I never really hear anyone talk about it. Do you think it is a classic? is it forgettable? Would you be

First grade!? 😭💀 I was bopping to it in the club when I was 21...  Dead. 

Masterpiece.  Love song love music video. Definitely on my top favorites of Britney. Ps. Rock version of it even better 💗💗💗

Posted Images

I used to dislike the song until last year, I know I know. :embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh: Now I’d say it’s definitely in my Top 10 or 15 of her overall best songs! :matches: Production wise, it’s phenomenal and truly a pop masterpiece. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: The video is great too even though I’m not a big fan of some of those costumes. :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted: My main and biggest complaint with the song itself is just how bland and soulless her vocals are. You can see the shift in contrast when it came to her singing from pre-Blackout era to post. Nevertheless, I absolutely adore the song and think it’s regarded as a bonafide Britney classic.

Personally, I wish the main version took more elements from this ‘demo’:

I really enjoy how much more haunting and climatic this version is, overall. Has a nice little punch to it and the shift in the BPM also makes the song sound more alive and less bland. :letitburn_elmo_fire_flames_burn: Someone should do a hybrid mix  @JackSProductions so we can all be slayed. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Like 1

It’s definitely a classic. I wasn’t sure about it when it first came out because it was sounded slow and I was coming off the Blackout banger high. The guitar rift in the Pre-course is truly magic as it shifts into the heavy electro chorus. The synths literally sound like a circus melody and that opening. That huge bass drop from the start really tells the listener how heavy the song is going to be. The final chorus is extraordinary and really sums up the feeling of the track. When the song ends it literally has a CUT feel. The only lackluster part for me is the bridge. The video amplified the song and did it major justice. Francis Lawrence at his best. Moody. It was a great single and definitely a classic. It was an evolved bubblegum pop Britney with some electro elements that really felt appropriate for that time in her career  but I appreciate the entire album much more today because as I said, after Blackout it felt very boring. 

• Like 6

i instantly liked the song i knew that there would be epic dance break and then

i saw the video online and i was blown away she really had that fire in her eyes like andre said in for the record :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

It has always been one of my FAVORITES from her! Instant classic for me. And the video is just flawless. It's super pop, but also fierce. And at first listen the lyrics may sound simple or trivial but very rarely does Britney sing, especially in singles, about anything other than s/ex or love, and here she's basically taking back control on her life... While marking her territory in the entertainment industry as well ;)

Also, one of my high school friends told me this year that she LOVES this song and video, and if a song gets through to non-fans... Then it's a smash for me.

• Like 1

Her best song.

Her best video.

Pop perfection from start to finish.

Timeless.

Getting a lot of attention on Tick Tock.

It will blow up soonish.

She looked her best in that mv.

She served prime esque choreo,fire and beauty as well as budget.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Easy There said:

Her best song.

Her best video.

Pop perfection from start to finish.

Timeless.

Getting a lot of attention on Tick Tock.

It will blow up soonish.

She looked her best in that mv.

She served prime esque choreo,fire and beauty as well as budget.

Now sis :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

It’s a masterpiece but nowhere near her best song and video. It isn’t even Top 5 on TikTok nor was it her best look in a video when you have Overprotected Darkchild right there...so delusional :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

3 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Now sis :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

It’s a masterpiece but nowhere near her best song and video. It isn’t even Top 5 on TikTok nor was it her best look in a video when you have Overprotected Darkchild right there...so delusional :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

TiKTOK is a reference for quality?

• Haha 3

Circus the single is one of my favorite singles and music videos.

Loved the album when it first came out dont listen to it a lot anymore.

Blur, Unusual You and Out from under are beautiful and deserved a live performance.

Kill the Lights and Shattered Glass are some of my faves for workouts.

All of the bonus tracks are good.

My baby is the only song I really dont like.  (mmh papi is close to being in that category)