Singles That Never Were

5 hours ago, AreYouReady said:

I have read it was ‘before the goodbye’ that actually would have been the lead single at first. I think those are all false rumors tho.

Well I’m not sure if Bombastic Love was meant to be a single, but I remember hearing about Britney expressing her disdain for the song, and getting it pulled from being used in Crossroads. There’s also that remix that was featured on Britney the videos, that people believe was the single mix. As for before the goodbye I also remember hearing it was gonna be the lead single, which will surprises me as it’s so different from anything that was out at the time.

Been listening to a lot of early Britney recently and, to Jive's credit, for the first 2 albums they mostly picked the right songs. For my personal taste though, in BOMT I would have swapped out From the Bottom of my Broken heart and replaced with the more timeless I Will be There. And in OIDIA one of the trio of Don't Go Knocking / What U See / Cant make you Love Me (all of which carry mostly the same sound, which was so quintessential for this time period) should have been promoted to single. 

• Like 1
On 4/22/2021 at 7:17 PM, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

The big one for me was definitely Breathe On Me. It was so Britney and so where she was at that time of her life. I really feel like it was such a waste for it to have just been an album track. Britney has performed the song on many of her tours. 

Totally agree. Deserved to be the lead single. It portrays perfectly the ***ual electronic vibe of the album. A music video similar to the Curious commercial would have made her THAT ***** :werk_britney_bw_black_white_dance_sexy_flirt_my_prerogative: The song demanded a ***ual, moody, suggestive and artistic music video. 

6 hours ago, Million Billion said:

Totally agree. Deserved to be the lead single. It portrays perfectly the ***ual electronic vibe of the album. A music video similar to the Curious commercial would have made her THAT ***** :werk_britney_bw_black_white_dance_sexy_flirt_my_prerogative: The song demanded a ***ual, moody, suggestive and artistic music video. 

I think Toxic should have been the lead from ITZ and that’s coming from someone who loves MATM. Then BOM should have followed as second single. I really think they missed the boat with that one. ITZ had so many possible singles.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

I think Toxic should have been the lead from ITZ and that’s coming from someone who loves MATM. Then BOM should have followed as second single. I really think they missed the boat with that one. ITZ had so many possible singles.

I think they were trying to lead off with the Madonna collab, which was a huge deal especially after the VMA's. BOM could have been an amazing choice for third single with a really ~s*xy~ video :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

I also think Alien was a missed opportunity. It's super underrated and it seems like Britney really connected with it. 

On 4/25/2021 at 8:21 PM, Isla said:

I still think I Will Be There, What U See, Anticipating (worldwide instead of just France), Cinderella, Touch Of My Hand, Get Naked, Kill the Lights, Unusual You, Inside Out, Up N Down, Alien etc. etc. could have been singles.

And Glory had so many missed opportunities :crying4_britney_crying_stages_tears_sad:

You have flawless taste. It should have been them!:gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud: I would like to add some more:

- Don't Go Knockin On My Door

- Lonely, I Run Away, What It's Like To Be Me

- Breathe On Me, The Hook Up

- I've Just Begun (Having My Fun) 

- Hot As Ice, Why Should I Be Sad

- If I'm Dancing 

She has such a flawless catalogue, so many bops to choose from. And her team still managed to mess some of them up... 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

Where Are You Now should've been a single!
It showed her best vocals and if she would've released it and 

performed it live; she would have more respect in the industry.

Also Cinderella would've been PERFECT especially since she would've looked amazing

as Cinderella in a music video

• Love 1

y'all here just throwing the entire albums as singles lol

i'm not including any of the first 4 albums because the singles choices are definitely excelent for those

the singles that I think could've worked, become hits and also fit britneys discography are: 

BO:

-State of Grace. Can you imagine that song as a single off blackout? that era NEEDED a slow, type of ballad single. it is also better as a single than radar which was gonna be the fourth single anyway. 

TSC/CIRCUS:

-TELEPHONE why did they let that one go? it would've been one of britneys signature hits. 

-Unusual You / Out From Under 

FEMME FATALE:

-Inside Out (with a rap feature. specially eminem or nicki) 

BRITNEY JE*N:

-Alien, without the glitch and with a live performance after the scandal. it would've become the biggest hit of BJ. The audio of the demo with her terrible vocals had like 4 million views in 2013 :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

GLORY:

-Do You Wanna Come Over? as a lead or second single before glory dropped. I don't see Just Luv Me becoming a hit but honestly it was the sound of 2016 so who knows with the right music video