Revisiting "Nothing Really Matters" by Madonna

8 hours ago, officialmaurice said:

This is one of my MOST favorite songs of hers yet somehow never noticed the lack of tour performances. I guess because her shows are so jam packed with DECADES of material. I wonder why she hasn’t performed it tho 🤔 

I thought FOR SURE she would have performed it during the Drowned World Tour or the Reinvention Tour but NOPE.

• Love 1

I mean come on. Madonna has music that even 21 years later you’re praising about it. It’s always ahead of its time. The pattern with Madonna is that everyone hates her at first, gangs up on her for being too old, then years pass and all of a sudden she’s inspiring. 
The reason why Madonna is where she is now is because Madonna knows how advanced she is and only needs her own approval, keeping her still active in the this industry. 
This post is an example of this. I believe the same thing will happen to madame x. In time people will realize the prophetic abilities Madonna has. Even after 2020s Disco era. No one still brought it back like Madonna. 
I’ll bet $100 that Madame X album will catch on to most people in about 2 years. -Timeless

I really can’t say that about 90% of the artist out there... my main example is Ariana grande. That is not timeless music, it has zero substance and once you mature as an adult will realize how much you didn’t want that. 

Madonna has a long history of only performing songs she enjoys performing. For example “Music” she performs every tour and it’s not just because it was a hit, she has said in interviews she loves performing it. 

“Like a virgin” she said she hates forming and she hasn’t performed it frequently. Same with Material Girl - she said she hated the label the media gave her. 

So I am pretty sure she simply doesn’t like performing “nothing really matters”

That song is amazing and truly unique for a pop mainstream artist. Perfect representation of the Ray of Light album. There's a reason why that album was so critically acclaimed and has the reputation it has - it's truly incredible and very creative. Props to Madonna for doing something so ambitious and doing it well.

16 hours ago, MeNowAlways said:

Madonna has a long history of only performing songs she enjoys performing. For example “Music” she performs every tour and it’s not just because it was a hit, she has said in interviews she loves performing it. 

“Like a virgin” she said she hates forming and she hasn’t performed it frequently. Same with Material Girl - she said she hated the label the media gave her. 

So I am pretty sure she simply doesn’t like performing “nothing really matters”

That’s interesting to know, thank you for the info!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block