Petiton is asking Netflix to cancel Colton Underwood's upcoming documentary

Midnight

• Content Curators

The petition reads.

"Today it was announced that Colton Underwood would be the focus of a Netflix documentary about being an out gay man. On Good Morning America, he came out as gay, and held an interview regarding his ***uality. Colton is a former bachelor lead who stalked his final pick, Cassie Randolph. He placed a tracker on her car, sent her and her friends anonymous threatening texts, and was even seen standing outside her window extremely late in the night, resulting in her brother attempting to de-escalate the situation. Cassie is a victim of Colton’s abuse, and he does not deserve a platform in any way. Regardless of his ***uality, Colton should not be given a platform as a result of his abusive, manipulative, and dangerous behavior."

The petiton has already reached 28,494 signatures.

These are some of the comments from people who signed the petition.

Abusers do not get a sympathy tour, and women aren’t just tertiary characters in a male’s story arch in becoming his true self. Of literally all the interesting people in the whole wide world....netflix really went for the grossest.

I’m disgusted that Netflix thought this was a good idea. Not one single person at the Netflix drawing board saw that Colton Underwood has a restraining order against him for literally putting a tracking device on his ex’s car and stalking her and thought “HEY MAYBE WE SHOULDN’T GIVE THIS TRASH MAN A BIGGER PLATFORM.”

It sucks to know that as a woman, society will view me as collateral damage for a somewhat good looking white man’s journey.

So tired of the glamorization of the coming out experience by white gays and the over-saturation of white gays as if they are the only ones who deserve to have their stories told.

Thoughts exhale? 

Will you be signing the petition?ColtonUnderwood.thumb.JPG.29cffb24dabf78951e728588582f58be.JPG

dQNtnaMgekLyNWu-800x450-noPad.jpg?161841

Edited by Midnight
  • Like 4

I wanna be there when you touch fire

Abusers do not get a sympathy tour, and women aren’t just tertiary characters in a male’s story arch in becoming his true self. Of literally all the interesting people in the whole wide world....netflix really went for the grossest.

Lol, funny enough because of the world we are live in, he needed that journey. Like seriously blame the society, not the people. 

I understand that it was wrong in some ways to go on a show like this as a "straight dude", but isn't it sad, that many gaypeople feel the pressure to do stuff like this in the first place? 

So tired of the glamorization of the coming out experience by white gays and the over-saturation of white gays as if they are the only ones who deserve to have their stories told.

1. Race has nothing to do with it.

2. Glamorization? Yeah, this person talks like a coming out is like a pink-party, wtf? It takes a lot to admit to be different in any way.

• Love 2
  • Like 3

To be so possessive and obsessed that he would stalk a woman when he wasn't even attracted to women, wow. Can you imagine what it's like to actually be with a man like that and he desires you, he's a serious scandal just waiting to happen, I only pray the poor man who get's involved with someone like this isn't hurt in the process. 

• Like 4

unless the doc is gonna also touch on that, and expose him? like a crime doc? lol

tbh I feel like thats more likely....cause is a man coming out as gay really documentary worthy? he's not like Anderson cooper with a long and varied career....he was on one season of a dating show...and isn't it obvious that a lot of ppl on that show  are just aspiring actors/actresses?? 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Would a gay at heart person stalk a woman? Makes me question if he's really gay after all....

Yes. When you are desperately trying to keep your secret it can make you do weird things. I didn’t stalk anyone, but I remember sobbing when my ‘girlfriend’ broke up with me in high school and being very jealous of her interacting with other guys. When I eventually came out she didn’t believe me because of how bad everything got. Just because you aren’t attracted to someone, it doesn’t mean you don’t get possessive and jealous over them. Mix that with the anxiety of possibly being outed and it’s a recipe for disaster. Not that I’m excusing his actions, I just am not surprised by them as I’ve been in a less extreme version of that before.

• Like 2

Wow people are so quick to throw each other under the bus without knowing anything. Speculation speculation speculation, condemnation and more condemnation. It be best if everyone looked at their own mistakes in life and better hope that none truly knows all your downfalls before it becomes a crime to make mistakes and be unforgiven. No one killed anyone here. There are far worse things in life than this pathetic drama. I hope everyone judges themselves with the same weight they judge others. 

Unfortunately in the world we currently live in, race is actually a huge part of the argument. I know no one wants to believe that, but this is following a story of a rich gay white man. Homonatioanlism - a theory that looks at how society secures this image of a beauty standard of a gay white man. This shapes the views of masculinity - where the man has well off, muscular, and masculine in nature. As a White man he has power for the ***ual negotiations that he has access to. 

Unfortunately this is another white guy’s story of coming out. This isn’t a person of colour. I know it’s tough to see it, but with the lens of a person of colour, it’s tough not to ignore what’s being put on the media though  

okay - fine I must admit, I’m writing a paper on this right now so it’s just fresh in my brain. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block