Jump to content

Britney: Black Lives Matter


Message added by Jordan Miller,

Comments in this topic must be manually approved by a moderator before they're made public. 

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Busybee said:

:riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:the Comments though lol they are upset 

I just took a read through and wow. Didn't realize Britney attracted that kind of a crowd too :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what: On the other hand, I guess she's never been particularly outspoken about social issues so it was easy to not know where she stood.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, phareezy said:

I just took a read through and wow. Didn't realize Britney attracted that kind of a crowd too :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what: On the other hand, I guess she's never been particularly outspoken about social issues so it was easy to not know where she stood.

Yeah it was not suprising that there are people like that on her page. BUT literally 90% of top comments are from these pissed off people. How? How there are so many of them? 

Posting unfollowed and stuff:ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew: Like that affects Britney in any way

  • Like 6
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, phareezy said:

I just took a read through and wow. Didn't realize Britney attracted that kind of a crowd too :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what: On the other hand, I guess she's never been particularly outspoken about social issues so it was easy to not know where she stood.

Yea I was really surprised too ngl. I feel like that crowd was always the first to demonize Britney and her ***uality in her early career so it surprised me that they even followed her account now lol

  • Love 6
Link to comment
  • Exhale+
7 minutes ago, phareezy said:

I just took a read through and wow. Didn't realize Britney attracted that kind of a crowd too :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what: On the other hand, I guess she's never been particularly outspoken about social issues so it was easy to not know where she stood.

Yeah I wasn't really surprised she had those kind of fans just surprised they are showing it. 

  • Love 1
  • Like 1

You'll never see it my way because you're not me -Britney 

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

Yeah it was not suprising that there are people like that on her page. BUT literally 90% of top comments are from these pissed off people. How? How there are so many of them? 

Posting unfollowed and stuff:ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew: Like that affects Britney in any way

I didn't know if it was my algorithm or what but practically every comment is someone pissed off and saying All Lives Matter. So bizarre they're rolling in deep on this one.

3 minutes ago, F.a.u.zish said:

Yea I was really surprised too ngl. I feel like that crowd was always the first to demonize Britney and her ***uality in her early career so it surprised me that they even followed her account now lol

Right?? Now I'm thinking maybe they followed not because they're fans but to watch the "circus" and see how "crazy" she is because this does not seem like the same fanbase to pay money and roll up to her concerts.

  • Love 5
Link to comment
24 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

In before those few conservative Britney fans who lurk & troll in the threads about celebrities coming out as trans & COVID vaccines trying to make this into a, "Blue Lives Matter!!!!1111!!!!" post. 

:tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

 

20 minutes ago, phareezy said:

I just took a read through and wow. Didn't realize Britney attracted that kind of a crowd too :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what: On the other hand, I guess she's never been particularly outspoken about social issues so it was easy to not know where she stood.

 

18 minutes ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

Yeah it was not suprising that there are people like that on her page. BUT literally 90% of top comments are from these pissed off people. How? How there are so many of them? 

Posting unfollowed and stuff:ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew: Like that affects Britney in any way

 

17 minutes ago, F.a.u.zish said:

Yea I was really surprised too ngl. I feel like that crowd was always the first to demonize Britney and her ***uality in her early career so it surprised me that they even followed her account now lol

 

11 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Yeah I wasn't really surprised she had those kind of fans just surprised they are showing it. 

 

11 minutes ago, phareezy said:

I didn't know if it was my algorithm or what but practically every comment is someone pissed off and saying All Lives Matter. So bizarre they're rolling in deep on this one.

Right?? Now I'm thinking maybe they followed not because they're fans but to watch the "circus" and see how "crazy" she is because this does not seem like the same fanbase to pay money and roll up to her concerts.

 

Spoiler

It is definitely not surprising when a decent amount of Exhalers on here aren't too far from thinking like these people and often make extremely questionable comments making it nearly impossible to ignore and avoid. While Britney not being outspoken might be nice and ideal for many, it also came with the disadvantage of our fan base having certain people compared to other pop girl fan bases, I think y'all get what I'm alluding to cough cough and I pray this thread remains clear of those people  :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde:

 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Super Mods
5 minutes ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

What's great about this is that it got posted even almost a year after 2020's BLM uprising and her post meaning she does actually care and not as a trend if you get what I mean!

This was my first thought! Gosh, I just love her!

  • Love 5

Stream BOYZ ♫

Link to comment
42 minutes ago, Busybee said:

:riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:the Comments though lol they are upset 

yeah i saw. i mean i love that "she" uses her platform for awareness, but i think its weird when celebrities touch on controversial subjects. i mean i get it that they can generate change and influence people but it almost never works or only generates drama that doesn't really further the agenda of said movements as people focus more on the gossip than the actual movement.

same with politics and stuff. but i guess it's fine, i just think that it's weird when they do.

one thing i don't like of this message is how it compares the "two", i think we should just accept black lives matter rather than compare them to "other lives" or make such "triggering" claims as i think it takes away from the message. i think its more powerful when you just show whats missing / wrong with the problem you're talking about rather than saying "x has it better than y". makes sense?

i do like that "she" posted it now instead of when it was "cool" or "trendy" as it makes it feel more genuine and honest.

i don't know; maybe it's a stupid way of seeing things. what do you all think?

  • Love 1
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

yeah i saw. i mean i love that "she" uses her platform for awareness, but i think its weird when celebrities touch on controversial subjects. i mean i get it that they can generate change and influence people but it almost never works or only generates drama that doesn't really further the agenda of said movements as people focus more on the gossip than the actual movement.

same with politics and stuff. but i guess it's fine, i just think that it's weird when they do.

one thing i don't like of this message is how it compares the "two", i think we should just accept black lives matter rather than compare them to "other lives" or make such "triggering" claims as i think it takes away from the message. i think its more powerful when you just show whats missing / wrong with the problem you're talking about rather than saying "x has it better than y". makes sense?

i do like that "she" posted it now instead of when it was "cool" or "trendy" as it makes it feel more genuine and honest.

i don't know; maybe it's a stupid way of seeing things. what do you all think?

I kind of see what you're saying. There are definitely plenty of white people who live in poverty and misery and see nothing of wealth and have very little societal privileges because of their poverty, illnesses, ect

I would not have have worded it in this exact way, but I do think that black lives of course matter. <3

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block