Britney Nostalgia: Share Your Earliest Stories & Memories about Brit

Well I was a wee bit late to the party and didnt hear about her between 1998-1999. i was only 7-8 at the time and still obsessed with the spice girls. so in 2000 i started noticing her and loved Oops and Stronger and i was about 9. so my mum bought me the Oops album first. and i think my earliest memory was it was someone's birthday and there was wrapping paper all over the living room floor and i had stronger on full blast and kicking and throwing the paper everywhere shouting/singing STRONGER THAN YESTERDAY!! LOL

BTW I just wonder if anyone else was like this, i remember when her Live From Las Vegas HBO Special was first aired in 2002 i think it was, the dream within a dream concept really freaked me out. i was only 10/11. Especially the start where theres people in full body suits covering their head/faces climbing  up the building. was anyone else freaked out by that show?  

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, jonloch1 said:

Well I was a wee bit late to the party and didnt hear about her between 1998-1999. i was only 7-8 at the time and still obsessed with the spice girls. so in 2000 i started noticing her and loved Oops and Stronger and i was about 9. so my mum bought me the Oops album first. and i think my earliest memory was it was someone's birthday and there was wrapping paper all over the living room floor and i had stronger on full blast and kicking and throwing the paper everywhere shouting/singing STRONGER THAN YESTERDAY!! LOL

BTW I just wonder if anyone else was like this, i remember when her Live From Las Vegas HBO Special was first aired in 2002 i think it was, the dream within a dream concept really freaked me out. i was only 10/11. Especially the start where theres people in full body suits covering their head/faces climbing  up the building. was anyone else freaked out by that show?  

i have it on DVD and I love it

Growing up we didn't have cable TV (I'm using the American term), but my friend that lived up the road from me did. And I remember every week during its scheduled time I would go to her house to watch the entire European top 20 just to see the Oops I did it again music video on MTV. I was 9 at the time. I remember being so mesmerized by it. 

But I really started stanning when slave 4 u came out. :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

• Love 5

Me and my friends were about 6,7 years old. You drive me crazy was huge huge hit. Older friends would record us cassete of Britney songs from her first album and we would sing YDMC all day long (not knowing exact words). Britney really is blueprint for all pop stars, she shaped industry from the begining. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Lil-Jay said:

Idk why this gave me goosebumps😳🥺 

It gave me goosebumps watching it!

I'm five years older than Britney, so I would have been around 21-years old at the time. It was the fall of 1998, so that was my second year of university and I was more into grunge (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, etc.) 

But I still really distinctly remember the moment when it came on TV. I remember staring at the screen, mesmerized by her big doe eyes, and thinking, "She's not that pretty." But of course she really was that pretty!

I didn't became a stan until Blackout, and didn't see her in concert for the first time until the Circus tour, where I had third row seats...And I remember being awestruck by just how pretty her face was in real life, too.

Some moments just really stick with you.

• Love 8

Definitely not my earliest memory but the whole 2004-2005 era holds such a special place in my heart. She was literally everywhere

I remember everything from reading about Chaotic on teen magazines, my mom getting the original Curious bottle with the squeeze pump for Christmas just so I could keep it for myself but most importantly I vividly remember sobbing while watching the Someday music video for the first time and asking my dad to burn me a CD with the song on it right after :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

• Love 4

I was 5 when BOMT video came out. Me and my siblings would always go to my older cousins' house (which was next to mine) and they were always watching MTV and that's how I found out about her since the beginning (thank God).

I remember we would always find funny when they make that closeup of a girl and does a funny head movement because one of my cousins looked a lot like her, so we would always scream "there you are!" 😆

Also Felicia as the teacher looked a lot like a teacher from my school (not my teacher, but another group's) and it was funny too because this real life teacher was very strict and mean so it was funny imagining her dancing and such.

I also remember when Sometimes video came out, we were very excited. My neighbor got the BOMT cassette and she would try to teach us the choreo for BOMT and Sometimes, we would dance in the middle of the street lol btw I remember my neighbor like being almost an adult, but she was only in 6th grade 😂

Also around this time that's when Pokémon came out outside of Japan, so I just have great memories of those times. I always relate Sometimes, Crazy, What a Girl Wants, Larger Than Life, the S Club 7 videos, etc, all the music from those times with the times when they were giving those Pokémon toys at Burger King for the movie. I miss my childhood :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

Also it's curious because being a kid time went by very slow, so even though BOMT, OIDIA Britney eras were back to back, I remember each of them like as if they were decades apart. Like, by the time Slave came out, I would look back at "little me" dancing in the streets to that super old song called Sometimes from my youth (and now being very embarrassed about it). :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

But tbh even now looking back at those eras, Britney did look and behave very different on each of them. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Love 9
  • Super Mods

My earliest memory was in 2000 when I was 6.

I discovered her when I was on a trip to Mexico with my family.

We were on the Greyhound bus and for some reason,

they decided to play her Oops video and I remember being amazed

and entranced by her looks, dance moves and the colorful aesthetic of the video.

I right away asked my mom who she was and ever since then 

I've been a fan!

Its crazy to think that ive been a fan for more than 3/4 of my life.

• Love 5