Demi Lovato puts small dessert shop on blast for having diet-friendly options, Update: Demi apologizes

On 4/18/2021 at 9:26 PM, Slayer said:

She brings it on herself for being a problematic mess and playing the victim card 24/7. She deserves the backlash, especially in this situation.

What she did was completely stupid and will negatively impact an already struggling business. She could have privately messaged them, but no this idiot puts a small business on blast to her 100m+ followers. 

She is TRASH, i'm just waiting for her to spin this into another sob story all about her.

Okay but don't call her TRASH.

You ask people to be be respectful in a Britney thread and then this?

I don’t understand what the problem with diet products is because I thought it was a healthier alternative to a regular product with sugar, however, it might be triggering to some people but I don’t understand why she didn’t just contact the business in private. That being said, didn’t she disclose in her doc that her overdose caused her to have brain damage? The damage might have enhanced her difficulties with impulse control. So maybe everyone should cut her some slack. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Manse said:

I don’t understand what the problem with diet products is because I thought it was a healthier alternative to a regular product with sugar, however, it might be triggering to some people but I don’t understand why she didn’t just contact the business in private. That being said, didn’t she disclose in her doc that her overdose caused her to have brain damage? The damage might have enhanced her difficulties with impulse control. So maybe everyone should cut her some slack. 

So, according to this, if I were an alcoholic and I went to, let's say, Walmart (and I have no interest in defending Walmart, trust me) and they have bottles of wine advertised next to the alcohol isle and discounted, does this mean I can call them out for being triggering for me? Or if I went to a restaurant a the person next to me is drinking and celebrating with a drink, should I call her out on social media for being "triggering" and making me feel personally offended and in danger of relapsing? 

• Like 9
7 minutes ago, Bigno said:

So, according to this, if I were an alcoholic and I went to, let's say, Walmart (and I have no interest in defending Walmart, trust me) and they have bottles of wine advertised next to the alcohol isle and discounted, does this mean I can call them out for being triggering for me? Or if I went to a restaurant a the person next to me is drinking and celebrating with a drink, should I call her out on social media for being "triggering" and making me feel personally offended and in danger of relapsing? 

Not at all, I just acknowledged that I don’t know if it could be triggering to some. I didn’t say anything about changing or calling people out. I don’t know if you watched her response video, but the things she talked about were the ones I thought she should have shared with the company in private. 

• Like 1

Demi, you are problematic.  You are rude and aggressive. Speaking your truth and jumping into fights is different things.

You are old enough to know better. If you not happy about something, investigate, think about. May be you got it wrong.

We trying to remove labels from people, let's put them on food now? Look, I get it, food triggers are hard. I struggle with weight too. But I do not want to come in to ship and have "celiac, diabetic, vegan" labels screaming at me. I'm neither of those people, still I may want to choose food free of sugar, or may be plant based today. 

• Love 4

She needs to work on her own damn messaging before she can offer to help others with theirs.
And also maybe rethink her disgusting, entitled,  backward attitude that the ‘customer is always right’

Urgh. Sorry to go off ...but this type of behaviour really annoys me esp when it involves small businesses and hospitality staff.

• Love 3
  • Like 5
4 minutes ago, nwonder said:

She needs to work on her own damn messaging before she can offer to help others.
And also maybe rethink her disgusting, entitled,  backward attitude that the ‘customer is always right’

Urgh. Sorry to go off ...but this type of behaviour really annoys me esp when it involves small businesses and hospitality staff.

You can tell a lot about a persons character by how they treat people who are socially "lower" than them. That line did it for me. She is awfull.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block