Demi Lovato puts small dessert shop on blast for having diet-friendly options, Update: Demi apologizes

4 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

I know. But apparently there's this big diet culture in LA. I think it's a bit toxic to exhibit the calories of a product to advertise it in that way. Obsessing over calories is so dangerous you know. They're not targetting it for diabetics or vegans like they say.

Wait. There is a fine line between not promoting something and being people's parents. People also need to work on themselves. Brands do have terrible behaviors sometimes, but we are in charge of ourselves at the end of the day. Also, her claim here is idiotic as f... I have been angered by brands many times, but seriously, she feels outraged by this? Boy is she still confused with life. 

No, it's not a diet obsession, it's a perfection obsession that the world has and its a cycle that feeds off  the Kardashians, the tiktokers, the Instagrammers of the world that petend to be something they aren't and also many times promote not this you call "diet culture" (a term I find highly debatable) but unreachable beauty standards. I don't see any wrong with healthy eating, the danger is the obsession. But sorry, I don't see how this is damaging and I fail to understand Demi's "what is your favorite dish. It's a mug." Lovato outrage. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

This might sound mean but I hate how she uses her eating disorder like a crutch or a get out of jail free card. I saw her “apology” video and the bee screenshots and lost more respect for her. 

She should really take a break. Soon enough she’ll be releasing her next album: “the customer is always right” 😂

also I love how it’s Demi vs. a small ice cream. Meanwhile other celebrities are fighting for equal rights -_-

• Love 3
  • Haha 4
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block