Demi Lovato puts small dessert shop on blast for having diet-friendly options, Update: Demi apologizes

By the way can we not make the phrase “diet culture vultures” a thing? There are people who need to lose weight because of health reasons, like heart disease and fatty liver. These places are just meeting a need. Sometimes people forget with this whole body positivity thing that people are literally dying from weight related health issues.

• Love 4
  • Like 2

I'm not gonna cut that deep and pile on (Insult her) Demi cause that's honestly not productive either. She has gone through **** and its not something that goes away overnight just cause she pumped out an album. BUT, I don't agree (nor understand) the point in calling out a froyo place like that, especially a small business that does not have a position of power like she does. 

The small business wasn't acting racist or misogynistic either, they just had sugar free cookies in the front, providing options to people as stores generally do. Just a strange thing to get outraged on. :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Isla said:

Ddd what did she say? I cba to watch the full thing.

She said she “didn’t understand that it was for all those other people with medical conditions.” Because apparently it wasn’t “clearly labeled.” She said she wasn’t attacking a small business. She was basically trying to bring awareness to the issue of harmful messaging because it can be triggering for people with eating disorders. She said she “would be willing to work with them to improve their messaging.” She is “sorry people took it the way that they did.” :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

No apologies for posting it. No apologies to the group shop about how much damage she could’ve cost them. Just more “explaining why they are wrong.”

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 6
3 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

She said she “didn’t understand that it was for all those other people with medical conditions.” Because apparently it wasn’t “clearly labeled.” She said she wasn’t attacking a small business. She was basically trying to bring awareness to the issue of harmful messaging because it can be triggering for people with eating disorders. She said she “would be willing to work with them to improve their messaging.” She is “sorry people took it the way that they did.” :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

No apologies for posting it. No apologies to the group shop about how much damage she could’ve cost them. Just more “explaining why they are wrong.”

Well she's just made herself come across even worse. If it was that much of an issue to her she could have dealt with it privately rather than calling the business out on her public Instagram story. She definitely should have apologised too but I guess she doesn't think she's in the wrong.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, JP9101 said:

I can’t believe she just said ...’being a celebrity is exhausting’ 

blocked her and people should do the same :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

DDDD being a celebrity is exhausting? Well now she's coming across as self-entitled.

Thanks guys for filling me in haha, I don't even need to watch it :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block