Demi Lovato puts small dessert shop on blast for having diet-friendly options, Update: Demi apologizes

6 hours ago, NastyT said:

Demi needs to get out of the spotlight and focus on her sobriety and mental health. This behavior shows signs of relapse. 

Indeed. I agree.

Sorry for my double post. I couldn't delete it. I was trying to fix it and put it in my other post but failed. Haha! 

6 hours ago, 517113 said:

Please, somebody, anybody...

be this girl's friend. She clearly needs some good, solid company around her. In particular, she could use someone to guide her away from her negative triggers. Demi is wealthy, she can have food created and delivered. I am a fan of this woman's talent but at this point I'm starting to sympathize with Max. 

I see your point, but people also need a little bit of self awareness, you know? Why should a millionaire entitled celebrity be forgiven repeatedly for toxic, damaging behaviors? I mean, she feels offended for not being catered to constantly, but did she stop for one freaking second to think this is someone's livelihood? That families depend on this and that with her huge plataform  she can hurt people? Did she take a break from her idiotic rant where she feels like a savior and "triggered"??? Good lord, God forgive those people who offend the poor idiot because this moron doesn't have any freaking restraint, not even with sugar.

• Love 2
  • Like 3
50 minutes ago, Arthurfleck said:

I think people should realize Demi is a person constantly struggling with multiple issues (at the same time). She probably didnt do this business any harm with this tweet.

a celeb w 100m followers bashing a small business aint gonna harm said business at all, ur right. im sure they didnt receive death threats etc from this whole thing

she may have issues but so do millions of others and yet they have managed to not come off as entitled and whiney. at this point she should just step off the spotlife and work at target of sum to learn what real ppl go thru

• Love 4

Oh my god give me a break. Sorry Demi but I’m going to be real bIunt, your eating disorder is your own problem and something you have to work on for yourself. Don’t blame others. That’s like fat people blaming McDonald’s for selling unhealthy food.

And look let’s be real for a second, the reason why a lot of these sugar free and diet foods are sold in the first place is because America has a huge obesity problem. There’s a reason why 4/5ths of all Covid deaths were people who were overweight.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

I retract of what I said. She's definitely right and y'all will ******* deal. Diet culture in LA is a mess. I'm disgusted myself at this and I don't even have serious eating disorders.

EzSOMRyUYAAIrJX?format=jpg&name=small

Newsflash some people feel guilty when breaking their diet or consuming too much processed sugar. It’s not healthy to do either. So you will deal :outwithit_go_on_wave_britney_femme_fatale_ff_documentary: 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

I retract of what I said. She's definitely right and y'all will ******* deal. Diet culture in LA is a mess. I'm disgusted myself at this and I don't even have serious eating disorders.

EzSOMRyUYAAIrJX?format=jpg&name=small

This was NOT what Demi was referring to. This is a picture from 4 years ago and they don’t sell these anymore. She was referring to cookies that had the label SUGAR FREE over it. 

• Love 3
  • Like 3
Just now, thebritmaster said:

Newsflash some people feel guilty when breaking their diet or consuming too much processed sugar. It’s not healthy to do either. So you will deal :outwithit_go_on_wave_britney_femme_fatale_ff_documentary: 

I know. But apparently there's this big diet culture in LA. I think it's a bit toxic to exhibit the calories of a product to advertise it in that way. Obsessing over calories is so dangerous you know. They're not targetting it for diabetics or vegans like they say.

1 minute ago, 2K16NEY said:

This was NOT what Demi was referring to. This is a picture from 4 years ago and they don’t sell these anymore. She was referring to cookies that had the label SUGAR FREE over it. 

She just used the same photo on her IG stories to prove her point so I bet she saw something similar. And honestly, a shop that uses that kind of strategy to sell their products doesn't stop doing it just like that. Also let's not forget the employees were rude to her, that's not excusable. Let's not be judgemental just because it's Demi.

• Haha 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block