The lost potential of Ariana Grande

Ariana-Grande-Grammys-2020-GettyImages-1

Another thread shading Ariana's career says hi :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello::tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw: 

This is not a hate thread, just a discussion. I was a fan of her 2015-2020 so I definitely know what I'm talking about here. 

I think we all can agree that her career could have been much much better than it is now. Yes, she's one of the greatest pop stars of our generation, she's a queen of streams, she's the most followed woman on Instagram. But numbers for sure aren't everything. Especially when nowadays it's so easy to fake it. Ariana has had everything to be a great pop star - amazing voice, talent, beauty, charisma, she isn't the best dancer but I guess she could improve it. 

The point is that she's not that creative. Not as creative as Britney, Bey, Gaga, Madonna etc. Don't get me wrong, it's her career, her decisions, this thread is only a discussion. Her performances aren't that good even when she really can sing. Good voice isn't everything in music industry obvi. Her music videos are most of the time so boring. Her songs are catchy but it's nothing so special - what is the point of making everything in the same style? Positions era showed us how lazy she is with her music. You can still enjoy it but it could have been way way way way better. Ariana doesn't really have iconic moments that had a huge impact on pop culture, except Thank U, Next song and music video. No iconic fashion moments. No iconic magazine covers. She's just really pretty. It honestly makes me so sad that with her fame and talent she's just wasting it for some boring sh t. Being a pop star is a responsibility as well. Her career for sure could have been as big as Britney's iconic career full of pop culture defining moments, she had potential but now it's too late. I think she said once that she just didn't like that but... are you a pop star only for yourself? You have to feed your fans well, you are where you are only because of them and they deserve more.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, JSDSandiego said:

I think she makes music that speaks to her heart rather than the mainstream/top 40... especially as of lately. 

That's like the opposite of what she's been doing, though - all of her recent singles have been perfectly catered to the GP and radio. Positions might have been underwhelming compared to some of her other albums, but it still generally followed the same formula that she's been using for years, except with some new producers. 

To me she's a one-trick pony in terms of songwriting. The fact that she's still successful despite being so creatively bankrupt is honestly surprising to me. 

TBH Position is a home album. Album you make at home. Its Obvious she used some TUN leftovers due to not be able going to the studio. Shes in her comfort zone. I believe that her next album will be different. Its like being mad at britney for Ff bJ and glory. Theyre all electronic influenced and have the EXACT SAME formula. They even have the same cover. Sweetener was great. Love it. TUN iconic next but Pos it kinda boring but thats it. Still served vocals and looks. Shes tired. She did 3 album and a soundtrack and a tour in a row like chill ok no one is chasing you. Literally 

I don't personally see it as a lost potential. To be fair, as long as she records music, I don't really care about the visuals. She's THE VOICE of this generation which blends well with the pop/trap/r&b genre. I'm interested to see some more diversity from her and see how she's going to push her career further. I admire her for her vocal ability mainly.

19 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

I don't personally see it as a lost potential. To be fair, as long as she records music, I don't really care about the visuals. She's THE VOICE of this generation which blends well with the pop/trap/r&b genre. I'm interested to see some more diversity from her and see how she's going to push her career further. I admire her for her vocal ability mainly.

tenor.png

I’m kinda not mad at this thread kinda spoke no lies. She reminds of drake they can release anything whether good or bad/mediocre n it’ll still be wildly successful. I saw her live for TUN the tour sets were cute but I was very bored, yes she sings live but she doesn’t have much presence imo but apparently she does Bc those albums selling  🤷🏻‍♀️ Sooooo What do I know. Lolololol 🥴🥴🥴🥴Tonight Show Whatever GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

1 hour ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

I’m kinda not mad at this thread kinda spoke no lies. She reminds of drake they can release anything whether good or bad/mediocre n it’ll still be wildly successful. I saw her live for TUN the tour sets were cute but I was very bored, yes she sings live but she doesn’t have much presence imo but apparently she does Bc those albums selling  🤷🏻‍♀️ Sooooo What do I know. Lolololol 🥴🥴🥴🥴Tonight Show Whatever GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Yes, she can release anything and it's successful only because of her name, not because it's something wow, amazing and great. She's not that creative when it comes to her songs and music videos and for me this is the problem. She can do sooo much, she can express herself in so many different ways and... she does sh t like 34+35... disappointing as hell. There's people that would do it ten times better being on her place having that huge platform

11 hours ago, Stefani said:

That's like the opposite of what she's been doing, though - all of her recent singles have been perfectly catered to the GP and radio. Positions might have been underwhelming compared to some of her other albums, but it still generally followed the same formula that she's been using for years, except with some new producers. 

To me she's a one-trick pony in terms of songwriting. The fact that she's still successful despite being so creatively bankrupt is honestly surprising to me. 

Honestly, this. Her stans are completely lying and even herself when she says she doesn't "cArE aBoUt nUmBeRs aNyMoRe", when Positions was literally a GP-friendly and radio album. Plus, weren't her deluxe songs not even 3 minutes long, so she could catch much more streams? I don't buy that **** honestly, she is lying through her teeth.

Archived