Why doesn't Taylor Swift have an iconic performance?

• Leader
On 4/16/2021 at 4:48 AM, Dreams said:

Why doesn't Taylor Swift have an iconic performance like Beyoncé, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Gaga, Britney etc? :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

Strange that a woman with her star power and stats has never been able to deliver an iconic performance. Will she ever have her madonna vogue moment? Her vma 2003 madonna britney xtina kiss moment? Her Gaga vma 2009 moment? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Like I genuinely cant even name a taylor swift performance that is iconic. I guess the most iconic moment in Taylor's award show history would probably be the Kanye West stunt. :mhmsureny_hmm_thinking_ponder_unsure_what_Tiffany_pollard_ny_New_York_miss_ms_sure:

Her tour gross is so high because soccer moms know they can bring the kids and whole family would seeing anything explicit or R rated.:idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

Let's not pretend it's because she's an incredible performer :clap1_britney_clapping_chaotic_night_yay_cheer_excited:

weak performer :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

no stage presence :gum_britney_chewing_chomping_2006_2007_Red:

cant sing well, no resonance, you can't even hear her when she has backup singers and playback :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

cant dance well or at all :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

lack of charisma :ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

she just walks around, struts and poses  :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

why? :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

Totally disagree with this sis. Taylor Swift may not be the kind of musician that puts out these kinds of "iconic" performances like we're used to, but to call her a weak performer I have to laugh :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

She's one of the most talented and brilliant artists of our generation. :meryell_meryl_streep_meme_yell:

• Love 3
  • Haha 3
  • Like 1

Trashing women is not ok! Trashing guys also isn’t but she does her own thing in a “Mans” world. Making a post like this is just to create drama. You don’t have to like everything or anything she does but the shade on here is unreal especially when she has stood up for women, people of color, and people of any ***uality. By saying hurtful things you are hurting people who believe in her, her, and yourself! Free speech is a privilege we are all given on here but why turn a community forum into a place of negative narrative?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

No that’s just you living in a bubble of delusion. Your avi and username tells us all we need to know. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:
Let me guess, you dislike Beyoncé too and think she doesn’t have any iconic moments. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Say the one with the avi of someone who has always lived in her shadow, take a seat. :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe:

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I’ve been thinking about this thread. And basically by your standards a lot of incredible acts don’t have “iconic” performances. Basically the only ones that have them are the ones that cause controversy or ones that people strip down for. Taylor refuses to do that. She never wanted that. So of course you don’t consider her performances iconic.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block