TikTok star Addison Rae slammed for comparing herself to Britney

No, I tried Tik tok, it's just not for me, Snapchat is hella underrated now. 

Facebook and Twitter, I only use Instagram cos my best friend/ middle school crush since 98. Is in there, and I message him there. 

He left Facebook cos of his ignorant friends kept arguing with him, only a few understood that he and a couple of us thought differently and we all said most of them took their beliefs from their parents instead of establishing their own identity.  

That led to the end of his thin ice relationship with his twin brother. So he said download Instagram. To contact me. 

As for tok tok, my friend who turns 50 next year is constantly bullied on the app, but she does it for her kids, which love and adore her for it, but she can't take the bullying of high school kids who judge grandma (seriously her oldest graduates this year), and that actually proved that kids or young 20s want their own social media platform. 

Then I posted a video on there and say if you want a 20 something and younger exclusive platform than make it yourself. 

Besides your lucky trump's order of the ban is officially denied cos of the current president. That shut them up quick

• Like 1
14 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Like any social media platform TikTok has its good and bad sides. Personally, I don't use TikTok, but from what I've seen it has a lot of awesome recipes, vegan stuff, wholesome content, true crime shorts, etc. I don't really care about the low-quality, mindless content. My biggest gripe with TikTok is its super toxic and dangerous diet/What I Ate in a Day culture. Sh1t is not healthy.

Exactly.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Easy There said:

Ppl keep forgetting that media was filled with talentless ppl in late 90s and early 00s. Due to reality TV and movies/TV series where ppl become famous and popular due to their good looks. Best example Baywatch,as seasons went by the show was more about hot bodies and looks then acting itself lol.

16 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Yeah, it's just rose-colored glasses. Boomers acting like any of these people are actually taken seriously. The current pop music landscape is filled with insanely talented artists, and none of these TikTok girlies are a part of that.

Paris Hilton is probably the best example of what you talked about - her only talent was getting attention. The only difference is that now everyone has a camera phone in their pockets, so anyone can become their very own reality TV star.

Soooo true. Especially due to the peak of tabloid culture in the 90s-00s, there were many people whom got their name out of their whom don't have talent even. For example, Paris Hilton was the biggest product of that era. She literally was famous for being famous. So IDK why these boomers are saying bull**** like "oH bAcK tHeN u NeEdEd tAlEnT" ahh.gif

• Love 2
22 hours ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

I totally agree, yeah. They really don't know. I definitely feep like there's so much I' m losing, because of social media and my peers who use it mindlessly instead of connecting real life. And the interesting thing is, some of my friends don't know either. They're like 19-year-old girls watching tik tok religiously (not neccessarily these dancers, they say) and it seems they forget how life was like before this. But I think the pandemic actually makes this so much worse than it was before. You're home alone in your room and you only have tik tok and add the vulnerable state of being 10-15 years old... 

Gen Z (as they call themselves) made it difficult for us older - they want so bad to be different from us it's impossible to feel normal around them anymore. First I felt ****ty I'm a 90s kid yet I feel like I'm Queen Elizabeths age around new generations. Then I was like **** it. Let me go along with it...and now I just watch tv, go online just from time to time, listen to vinyls and physical CDs... people call me ''old'', ''a cat in humans body''', ''grandma'', ''nun'' and tbh- idgaf

I love listening to 90s/early 00s music and I like old things... basically I took that pile of **** people made me bad about and used it to feel better. They have no clue how good it feels just to have 2 forum accs, gmail and viber. that's it. nothing else. you come online only when you want to and you dont depend on it

and you dont have to worry about your phone battery because you play physical cds and vinyls (and by buying them you're also supporting the artists). No digital bull****.

I think I kinda know why new generations feel ''trapped'' by the apps and they hate them yet come back to them again and again. dopamine kick. Those apps are made with the help of psychologists to make them as addictive as physically possible. It's impossible just to watch 1 video...You're stuck there for hours. But add all these hours of your life- those multibillionare platforms are stealing years and years of lives. You spend all that time trapped in a virtual world you dont even like.

**** all that. All these tik tok stars will never like it. It's virtual. When britney released her things she had to go out- in the malls, arenas, stadiums to promote. She traveled the world and visited ****loads of countries. She made memories.

And this Rae chick? Lost years of her life by living a fictional life while getting 0 life experience and memories.

Her own fault and not comparable by Britney at all.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Give her a break. She's only 20, and some people converse and answer questions by trying to relate based on their own experiences. I don't know if that's a sign of arrogance or narcissism, but I often do that too. Are we really attacking some 20-year-old girl for something she said with no ill intentions and without thinking too much about it? Get a grip. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw: I do agree that TikTok creators need to be called out for stealing choreo not only from black creators, but also K-Pop. The fact that these jobless teenagers are building empires that are worth millions upon millions out of plagiarism is super questionable. :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

20 is literally an adult tho not some little kid

at 20 i knew to be humble and what to say or not to say

• Love 1
  • Like 3
9 hours ago, Alexanda said:

Girl... You don't know anything about the fame in the 00. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: Shut the **** up. 

I can't with these Youtubers / TikTokers / Instaglam get them out of my face, they are n o t famous. 

You need some talent first. 

Actually you don't need a talent to be famous.

Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner?

If you are followed by millions and millions of people, yes, you ARE famous, even if those followers are just kids.

However, compare yourself to Britney Spears - Princess of Pop and understand her level of mega ultra fame? 

No, just no.💀 Addison is nothing compared to Britney.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, lili_ballet said:

20 is literally an adult tho not some little kid

at 20 i knew to be humble and what to say or not to say

I mean, sure, but not everyone is as mature as you were. Besides, it's not like she said something downright offensive. It was just a bit ignorant and tone deaf, yet people are turning this into some huge drama and dragging her just because they don't like her. Educate her, tell her why her words were tone deaf, and move on.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I'm just going to give an opinion but... 

The way this girl is being dragged, insulted and all the things I read on Twitter,  just because she made a silly comment, I would said, yeah... she probably understands what Britney went through a little bit. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Grumpy Cat said:

Gen Z (as they call themselves) made it difficult for us older - they want so bad to be different from us it's impossible to feel normal around them anymore. First I felt ****ty I'm a 90s kid yet I feel like I'm Queen Elizabeths age around new generations. Then I was like **** it. Let me go along with it...and now I just watch tv, go online just from time to time, listen to vinyls and physical CDs... people call me ''old'', ''a cat in humans body''', ''grandma'', ''nun'' and tbh- idgaf

I love listening to 90s/early 00s music and I like old things... basically I took that pile of **** people made me bad about and used it to feel better. They have no clue how good it feels just to have 2 forum accs, gmail and viber. that's it. nothing else. you come online only when you want to and you dont depend on it

and you dont have to worry about your phone battery because you play physical cds and vinyls (and by buying them you're also supporting the artists). No digital bull****.

I think I kinda know why new generations feel ''trapped'' by the apps and they hate them yet come back to them again and again. dopamine kick. Those apps are made with the help of psychologists to make them as addictive as physically possible. It's impossible just to watch 1 video...You're stuck there for hours. But add all these hours of your life- those multibillionare platforms are stealing years and years of lives. You spend all that time trapped in a virtual world you dont even like.

**** all that. All these tik tok stars will never like it. It's virtual. When britney released her things she had to go out- in the malls, arenas, stadiums to promote. She traveled the world and visited ****loads of countries. She made memories.

And this Rae chick? Lost years of her life by living a fictional life while getting 0 life experience and memories.

Yesss, 100% agree❤️❤️ you do you, I'm the grammy/grandpa/whatever of my circle too, but yeah, I'm comfortable with it and I also know I'm having a way lot more fun this way. Like why would I only listen to music + movies made this year? The classics are classics for a reason. And the one thing we are lucky in, is that we can reach anything thanks to technology. Like I can wake up listening to 60s soul, then listen to 80s workout songs, then any song from my childhood. And it's definitely hard to break away from these apps, they knew what they were doing when they designed them. I have insta only and first it was hard to cut down on it, but really neccessary. I like to go out into nature and take long walks and I'm an oldman for that too. Maybe they call us that, because they know they are not mature enough to actually enjoy life and they will definitely start to do it later on, once they fully realized how harmful it is to live in this virtual insanity:tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

• Love 1
On 4/16/2021 at 5:25 AM, merci12 said:

Miss Adison! Huni! :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

At 20 years old Britney got her star at the Hollywood Walk of Fame, sold millions of albums, toured the world and was considered a pop phenomenon :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Meanwhile you appear on Jimmy to do dances you stole from black creators :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

tenor.gif?itemid=9479342

On 4/17/2021 at 10:50 AM, Grumpy Cat said:

can i just say, i LOVE your comment. its so spot on and i feel the same, like Queen Elisabeth and im only 27 :D