TikTok star Addison Rae slammed for comparing herself to Britney

3 hours ago, Grumpy Cat said:

You're aware of it so you're in a better position. I know being home all the time is super hard but it's not impossible to be stuck on tik  tok. Put down the phone, turn on the TV and watch MTV- now that's how we 90s kids were discovering music.

I still do it, esp now during the lockdown. I put on MTV and from time to time I heard a good song I havent heard before.

Tbh, I expected tik tok to go down the vine road- to die really fast like vine and I still hope it does. It's worse and more toxic than vine. And the tik tok celebs are ****** annoying. I just cant...This makes me wanna write the whole essay how much I hate tik tok

I don't expect Tik Tok going the Vine route because the former is launching young people careers like Youtube. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thank god i'm a 90s kid. Imagine growing up with this clowns being stars. No, just no

Miss Adison! Huni!  At 20 years old Britney got her star at the Hollywood Walk of Fame, sold millions of albums, toured the world and was considered a pop phenomenon  Meanwhile you appear on J

I am cackling whenever I hear somebody is a  'Tik Tok star'     

Posted Images

Wow , narcissistic much ? It's not about you Madison , it's about a woman who's actually being trapped and taken advantage of , while your parents are transferring money to your account her family actually takes it from her , it's exactly the opposite , damn she's so stupid and self centered....... People nowadays need a reality check and get their head out of their as$es asap 

• Love 6
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

Yeah that's my biggest disappointment in my life:sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: I was born in 2000 with a father who loved pop music, so I grew up watching Britney, Michael Jackson, Madonna, George Michael, early Gaga, Marina etc and I thought we're going to have the same legends as the older generations

Omg you're so lucky still though in that sense. :sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: 

2008 for me and neither of my parents were music people so I had to discover Britney, MJ, Madonna, etc, all on my own. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Love 5
  • Exhale+

Also yall are such a boomers when it comes to Tik Tok. If I had enough confidence I would do it.

Yall are acting exactly the same as generations before us did etc. Etc. Yall are getting old and can't keep up with times. You either adapt or continue to whine regarding new trend ur entire life.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, Easy There said:

Also yall are such a boomers when it comes to Tik Tok. If I had enough confidence I would do it.

Yall are acting exactly the same as generations before us did etc. Etc. Yall are getting old and can't keep up with times. You either adapt or continue to whine regarding new trend ur entire life.

At least it took talent back in my day. Nowadays all you need is rich parents and a cute face, and call yourself an “influencer”. Sorry but this halfa comparing herself to Britney is like Rebeca Black saying she understands the level of fame Madonna goes through. 

I do agree with you about Trisha though. She has no room calling someone else narcissist.

• Love 7
  • Like 1

Lmaooooooooooo 

‘Tik Tok Star’ Lmaooo 

Imagine being known for this.

In 5 years, that will be the equivalent of ‘Vine Star’ 

Sit down Addison and crawl back into Kourtney’s closet where you came from :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

• Love 2
  • Haha 3
24 minutes ago, Easy There said:

lol, maybe I am.. but sorry.. at some age you just don't find it entertaining watching RANDOM people doing 15 seconds videos of stupid dance moves :britoverit_britney_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_whatever:

• Love 5
  • Like 3
  • Exhale+
1 minute ago, Prince Ali said:

lol, maybe I am.. but sorry.. at some age you just don't find it entertaining watching RANDOM people doing 15 seconds videos of stupid dance moves :britoverit_britney_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_whatever:

Believe it or not Tik Tok has more then dance videos lol. 

• Like 2
  • Exhale+
17 minutes ago, britney_rocks said:

At least it took talent back in my day. Nowadays all you need is rich parents and a cute face, and call yourself an “influencer”. Sorry but this halfa comparing herself to Britney is like Rebeca Black saying she understands the level of fame Madonna goes through. 

I do agree with you about Trisha though. She has no room calling someone else narcissist.

Agree.

But social medias these days are giving opportunities to everyone to live their dreams. Sure good looks help a lot. But everyone has a chance to do what they live and actually make living out of it.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Exhale+

Give her a break. She's only 20, and some people converse and answer questions by trying to relate based on their own experiences. I don't know if that's a sign of arrogance or narcissism, but I often do that too. Are we really attacking some 20-year-old girl for something she said with no ill intentions and without thinking too much about it? Get a grip. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw: I do agree that TikTok creators need to be called out for stealing choreo not only from black creators, but also K-Pop. The fact that these jobless teenagers are building empires that are worth millions upon millions out of plagiarism is super questionable. :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Exhale+
1 minute ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Also, no need for the whole, "Omg, back in my day you actually needed talent to get famous." Best believe the majority of these people will have no careers in 3 to 5 years' time. Chill. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

Ppl keep forgetting that media was filled with talentless ppl in late 90s and early 00s. Due to reality TV and movies/TV series where ppl become famous and popular due to their good looks. Best example Baywatch,as seasons went by the show was more about hot bodies and looks then acting itself lol.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
  • Exhale+
7 minutes ago, Easy There said:

Ppl keep forgetting that media was filled with talentless ppl in late 90s and early 00s. Due to reality TV and movies/TV series where ppl become famous and popular due to their good looks. Best example Baywatch,as seasons went by the show was more about hot bodies and looks then acting itself lol.

Yeah, it's just rose-colored glasses. Boomers acting like any of these people are actually taken seriously. The current pop music landscape is filled with insanely talented artists, and none of these TikTok girlies are a part of that.

Paris Hilton is probably the best example of what you talked about - her only talent was getting attention. The only difference is that now everyone has a camera phone in their pockets, so anyone can become their very own reality TV star.

• Love 1
  • Like 4

Britney SPEARS is down to earth and very Humble that's why most of the new artist now a day's are totally inspired by her, she is not perfect nor entitled. She is the Princess and THE QUEEN of POP. and most importantly LEGENDARY. So Hi! Addison! Little Boy Reaction GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

• Love 6
  • Like 1
  • Exhale+
44 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Yeah, it's just rose-colored glasses. Boomers acting like any of these people are actually taken seriously. The current pop music landscape is filled with insanely talented artists, and none of these TikTok girlies are a part of that.

Paris Hilton is probably the best example of what you talked about - her only talent was getting attention. The only difference is that now everyone has a camera phone in their pockets, so anyone can become their very own reality TV star.

Yeah each era in history had quick 2 minutes stars. Stars that were famous for being famous etc.

These days anyone with a bit of talent and creativity can become a star 🌟 

• Love 2