TikTok star Addison Rae slammed for comparing herself to Britney

• Content Curators

In an interview she gave Bustle she was asked what she thought about the “Framing Britney Spears” documentary to which she replied “I definitely can see how that is an overwhelming life.”

“People do come up with narratives around you that aren’t necessarily true,” she continued. “I’ve kind of dealt with that a lot, people being really involved in really personal aspects of your life.” Rae responded while referencing Britney's claim that she “was embarrassed by the light they put me in” and that she “cried for two weeks." 

But social media was not having it and some users posted.

Trisha Paytas also slammed Addison for this.

The hashtag #RIPAddisonRae started trending again after the statements she made. 

What are your thoughts my Britney stans? Do you think people were a little too harsh?

BSAR.thumb.JPG.b5ad9db9ccd082c34545a80199209dca.JPG

• Haha 7

I wanna be there when you touch fire

2 minutes ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

Yeah that's my biggest disappointment in my life:sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad: I was born in 2000 with a father who loved pop music, so I grew up watching Britney, Michael Jackson, Madonna, George Michael, early Gaga, Marina etc and I thought we're going to have the same legends as the older generations

And here I am hating on everything gen Z puts out like I'm a boomer or something. I can't stand this girl and tiktok and I rarely find pop music nowadays that I can really enjoy (expect Doja, I love Doja) 

And this girl can't even dance her bippy boppy dances for the life of her. Even I can do better with practice

Not just that.Kids these days are glued to their phones and apps. They dont talk to each other, they dont go outside (well not now cuz of rona but even prior to the pandemic) and they are being forced fed by this bull****. I cant imagine myself being idk 7-8 yrs old and looking up to these tik tok people and e girls like belle delphine, that cash me outside girl etc

just...I'd go nuts. It seems like a nightmare to be a kid in 2021. But I guess they're ''ok'' because they don't know the difference and the conditions we grew up in and how different it was and better. It doesnt bother them because they don't know about it

• Love 2
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Grumpy Cat said:

Not just that.Kids these days are glued to their phones and apps. They dont talk to each other, they dont go outside (well not now cuz of rona but even prior to the pandemic) and they are being forced fed by this bull****. I cant imagine myself being idk 7-8 yrs old and looking up to these tik tok people and e girls like belle delphine, that cash me outside girl etc

just...I'd go nuts. It seems like a nightmare to be a kid in 2021. But I guess they're ''ok'' because they don't know the difference and the conditions we grew up in and how different it was and better. It doesnt bother them because they don't know about it

I totally agree, yeah. They really don't know. I definitely feep like there's so much I' m losing, because of social media and my peers who use it mindlessly instead of connecting real life. And the interesting thing is, some of my friends don't know either. They're like 19-year-old girls watching tik tok religiously (not neccessarily these dancers, they say) and it seems they forget how life was like before this. But I think the pandemic actually makes this so much worse than it was before. You're home alone in your room and you only have tik tok and add the vulnerable state of being 10-15 years old... 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

I totally agree, yeah. They really don't know. I definitely feep like there's so much I' m losing, because of social media and my peers who use it mindlessly instead of connecting real life. And the interesting thing is, some of my friends don't know either. They're like 19-year-old girls watching tik tok religiously (not neccessarily these dancers, they say) and it seems they forget how life was like before this. But I think the pandemic actually makes this so much worse than it was before. You're home alone in your room and you only have tik tok and add the vulnerable state of being 10-15 years old... 

You're aware of it so you're in a better position. I know being home all the time is super hard but it's not impossible to be stuck on tik  tok. Put down the phone, turn on the TV and watch MTV- now that's how we 90s kids were discovering music.

I still do it, esp now during the lockdown. I put on MTV and from time to time I heard a good song I havent heard before.

Tbh, I expected tik tok to go down the vine road- to die really fast like vine and I still hope it does. It's worse and more toxic than vine. And the tik tok celebs are ****** annoying. I just cant...This makes me wanna write the whole essay how much I hate tik tok

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Grumpy Cat said:

You're aware of it so you're in a better position. I know being home all the time is super hard but it's not impossible to be stuck on tik  tok. Put down the phone, turn on the TV and watch MTV- now that's how we 90s kids were discovering music.

I still do it, esp now during the lockdown. I put on MTV and from time to time I heard a good song I havent heard before.

Tbh, I expected tik tok to go down the vine road- to die really fast like vine and I still hope it does. It's worse and more toxic than vine. And the tik tok celebs are ****** annoying. I just cant...This makes me wanna write the whole essay how much I hate tik tok

Thank you:) this made me feel a little better. It's a good point, it can die fast like vine. And I feel the same I could write that essay too. Not all my friends would like to read that lol, the topic comes up often and they try so hard to convince me to at least download it, because "it has good content too", but having insta and exhale is more than enough for me (and the videos they are showing me are crappy) :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus: 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Midnight said:

In an interview she gave Bustle she was asked what she thought about the “Framing Britney Spears” documentary to which she replied “I definitely can see how that is an overwhelming life.” “People do come up with narratives around you that aren’t necessarily true,” she continued. “I’ve kind of dealt with that a lot, people being really involved in really personal aspects of your life.” Rae responded while referencing Britney's claim that she “was embarrassed by the light they put me in” and that she “cried for two weeks." 

But social media was not having it and some users posted.

The hashtag #RIPAddisonRae started trending again after the statements she made. 

What are your thoughts my Britney stans? Do you think people were a little too harsh?

BSAR.thumb.JPG.b5ad9db9ccd082c34545a80199209dca.JPG

This stupid Tik Tok generation and their Generation Z problems... First of all: Who are you??? What’s your talent??? And the most important thing: What are your problems???

Some people have real problems. Imagine you are a gay boy in a small town with a family who force you to work since 9 year old in a forniture factory, suffering bullying in your own house and ignored by the children in school. 

And that’s just an example. If she could know what real problems are she won’t say those thing. She is just an ignorant.

• Love 2
  • Like 7