The Gucci family condemns the upcoming biopic

The Gucci family condemns biopic calling it Hollywood seeking profit over a family tragedy, that they don't want to revisit. 

The Gucci family is basically like: Everybody knows what happened, why make us who went thru revisit this hell? None of you guys went through a ****** of a beloved one, imagine our shoes how it feels to see it in film.

I kinda see their point, it's like now they will have to relive it forever cos of this film. And it seems that's what bothers them the film only centers on the events leading up to the ****** instead of his life story.

It's actually disrespectful if you ask me, to make a biopic of a fashion dynasty and only focus on the crime, more than his entire life. I understand why they don't want this type of tabloid film. To exist.

So it's officially unauthorized as they have no input. gaga-gucci-condemn.jpg.d9622aab03525e7cd6a56bb70f75e721.jpg

• Love 3

I think it's always weird to do biopics/biographical movies that include people that are still alive, and not have their consent or involvement (see Britney ever after). 

Here in Latin America it's become a trend as well, and now everyone and their grandma have a biopic series, and there's always all sorts of dramas because of the inaccurate portrayal of people or events that involve people that are still alive. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think it's always weird to do biopics/biographical movies that include people that are still alive, and not have their consent or involvement (see Britney ever after). 

Here in Latin America it's become a trend as well, and now everyone and their grandma have a biopic series, and there's always all sorts of dramas because of the inaccurate portrayal of people or events that involve people that are still alive. 

The Crown is highly successful and critically acclaimed the people are still alive.

31 minutes ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

The Crown is highly successful and critically acclaimed the people are still alive.

it doesn't stop being weird. I know some people say the Queen has watched it and likes it, but is still strange and kind of disrespectful if they didn't even try to seek her approval first (I ignore if they did or not, because I've heard it's also based in a previous movie or something like that). And also, some people have also pointed out at some historical inaccuracies despite the overall praise.

I think it's just beyond whether the show is good or not, it's like, you're talking about someone's life, you're portraying a real person, that hasn't died, and you don't even reach out to them to have their input and approval? Even when someone is dead, you would still want to talk to their relatives. Well, I think that's what I would do anyways. 

24 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

it doesn't stop being weird. I know some people say the Queen has watched it and likes it, but is still strange and kind of disrespectful if they didn't even try to seek her approval first (I ignore if they did or not, because I've heard it's also based in a previous movie or something like that). And also, some people have also pointed out at some historical inaccuracies despite the overall praise.

I think it's just beyond whether the show is good or not, it's like, you're talking about someone's life, you're portraying a real person, that hasn't died, and you don't even reach out to them to have their input and approval? Even when someone is dead, you would still want to talk to their relatives. Well, I think that's what I would do anyways. 

Yeah but you know that Gaga will get the praise or not an everybody will forget about the family. And as the family stated, Hollywood only thinks about profit, which is true since they are an industry. In this world, all the matters is the money that being made not about people feelings.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

I think that's unfortunate, but I also understand. I know Gaga will do them justice, so hopefully after they see it they'll change their tune. 

It could go either way. This is the first major motion picture she’ll be in that isn’t revolved around music or a character similar to her own aesthetic. It will be interesting for sure. Rooting for her. you're doing amazing ariana grande GIF

3 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Why are they acting as if they'll be forced to watch the film? Like, spare me that "we don't want to relive the horror" excuse. Just don't buy a ******* movie ticket then.

They have every right, they're even thinking about going to Italian court to stop production of this film and get it banned in Europe.  Which if any European union court does give that verdict.  That's pretty much over. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block