Why is Britney often compared to Marilyn & Judy?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not so much the area of entertainment, but the way they were/are treated. Judy and Marilyn were incredibly famous during their time and like Britney a lot of that was about *** appeal and youthfu

The reason with the Marilyn connection is because they're (likely) related (We don't know who Marilyn's father is, but if he's the man who he's speculated to be, then they are cousins) and looked a bi

I would not say she reminds me of marilyn but deffinitley Judy. the reason is both Britney and Judy were used. they were forced into the industry at a very young age. if you  do not know about Judy th

The reason with the Marilyn connection is because they're (likely) related (We don't know who Marilyn's father is, but if he's the man who he's speculated to be, then they are cousins) and looked a bit similar, particularly when they were teens. 

Both had brunette hair that was eventually dyed blonde for their career, one could argue, "Original Doll", would have been Britney's equivalent of Marilyn Monroe Productions with their struggle to break free from any creative constraints that came from working with their label/film company, both were generally assumed to have taken on a more breathier voice to make them seem as more of a "commercial" act, both had what have been reported as very, "lonely", childhoods, and their behaviour that arose from mental health struggles seem to have somewhat mirrored each other just going off by what has been said about Britney's creative process during Blackout and Marilyn's during her final few films. 

Also the whole thing about the true love thing. They both had the whole destined true love romance that ended in heartbreak (Marilyn with Joe DiMaggio, Britney with JT.) Both of Britney and Marilyn's marriages ended in divorce after short periods of time.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

It's not so much the area of entertainment, but the way they were/are treated. Judy and Marilyn were incredibly famous during their time and like Britney a lot of that was about *** appeal and youthful charm. Judy and Marilyn were also both victims of their fame, which thankfully, hasn't happened to Britney as tragically as it happened to those ladies, but one could argue the conservatorship and stripping of her freedom is up there and sort of a modern day equivalent. All 3 were put through the media wringer and pretty much left to dry. Judy and Marilyn never really got any vindication while alive, but Britney thankfully has in a way thanks to the NY Times doc which highlighted just how cruel the media was to her allowing people to realize Britney didn't deserve any of it and is truly an icon of our time.

Those are the big comparisons people like to draw. All 3 were/are enormously famous and were elevated super high only to be torn down publicly when they dared to show cracks of being human beings. 

• Like 4

I'm not as familiar with Judy's story but the snippets I've heard tell me they endured similar levels of extortion

Marilyn I'm a bit more familiar with and I think that Britney was the next Marilyn in terms of being an international s** symbol. Marilyn is iconic and always will be just as britney is

She’s Marilyn without having to do Playboy and change her name and her entire face/body to be Britney Spears. Plus she has talent. Plus she has a personality. Plus her body is snatched. Plus plus plus.

I’m glad that history will show that Kim K is Marilyn’s cheap knockoff. Britney is up there with Micheal Jackson.

Never heard anyone compare Brit to Judith Garland lmao.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, YeezusChrist said:

the other 2 are actresses

20 hours ago, phareezy said:

It's not so much the area of entertainment

13 hours ago, colormefresh said:

Never heard anyone compare Brit to Judith Garland lmao.

Also just about Judy, this is unrelated but Judy was an actress-singer at the same time and ended up just doing music in her final days. I've heard people around her claim she would have much rather have just done music as opposed to being a move star. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

If you watched the Judy movie you can see that she struggled to do her show due to medication just as Britney did and her children were taken away by her father similiar to what Britney.

As for Marilyn both were iconic and **** and they were painted as untalented.

• Love 1

It might be silly, but I actually think Britney is a reincarnation of (I wanted to say Marilyn, but there are so many similarites with Judy also, so...) one of them, I go with Marilyn, because there are so many parallels, starting with the looks. I think Marilyn's off screen personality, her way of speaking in interviews, laugh, love for children, open s**uality, 'dumb blonde' type-cast, public scrutiny, controversies, controlled artistic freedom, love for singing, acting, dancing are so like Britney's. Like watching the same person in different eras, sort of

1 hour ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

f6e72cdb3127a5f6c6598e087ebdd23d.jpg

EU2lLhpXYAArRb2.jpg

Because of HUGE charisma, beauty, talent and tragedy of both of them 

Weren't they both put in mental facilities against their will? 

Yes, Marylin was. It's always the same tragedy. As soon as a lot of money is involved, some people tend to overpower their boundaries. I hope next generation of pop stars will learn from Britneys situation. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

2 minutes ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

It might be silly, but I actually think Britney is a reincarnation of (I wanted to say Marilyn, but there are so many similarites with Judy also, so...) one of them, I go with Marilyn, because there are so many parallels, starting with the looks. I think Marilyn's off screen personality, her way of speaking in interviews, laugh, love for children, open s**uality, 'dumb blonde' type-cast, public scrutiny, controversies, controlled artistic freedom, love for singing, acting, dancing are so like Britney's. Like watching the same person in different eras, sort of

I heard that before, some people even go that far to say, that she got her DNA. But then we are back in conspiracy territory and I try to stay away from that. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, FreeAsMyHair said:

I heard that before, some people even go that far to say, that she got her DNA. But then we are back in conspiracy territory and I try to stay away from that. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Well I mean, that doesn't seem so far off considering they're only 9th cousins 3 times removed. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: