Is Britney fandom the most powerful and loyal fandom ever?

41 minutes ago, canyouhandlemytruth said:

:clownery_makeup_meme:

And Britney lost more fans cuz she went through a much much much rougher time. There's no merit in comparing the loyalty when Taylor's fanbase has never had to deal with anything nearly as bad as 2007

At that time they thought she went crazy, mental health wasn't taken seriously as it is now. 

Celebrities didn't want to be seen as human like Britney did. That wasn't the culture back then. They liked being larger than life. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Roger said:

There used to be so much more fans on exhale and Twitter. Remember that HIAM debuted with +400k and MM struggled to sell 100k... Many active fans I know left the Army, but they were not real fans to begin with :byebitch_britney_wave_black_white_and_bw_sunglasses_bye_hi_walking_leaving:

I'm sorry but have you seen how woke Jordan's platform has become? The politics he's injected in here make me puke. :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

Then there's Brit's music since Gimme More: I personally can't remember recent times where I got actually excited of new releases. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Most of the times I find myself listening to anything pre-ITZ. So unless she gets back to those roots... I'ma have to decline. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, TedTwice said:

I'm sorry but have you seen how woke Jordan's platform has become? The politics he's injected in here make me puke. :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

Then there's Brit's music since Gimme More: I personally can't remember recent times where I got actually excited of new releases. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

Most of the times I find myself listening to anything pre-ITZ. So unless she gets back to those roots... I'ma have to decline. :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

Sadly @Jordan Millerwas told not to put politics here, @jordeezy @SloppyToppyGoddess advised people not to post if you're not on liberal side, alerting don't be alarmed if it's not into conservative politics. 

He's been asked several times not to, but said it's important to include it..when he knows, it wasn't a great idea..

• Like 2

This is such a cool topic. 

I've been a fan since literally 9. Confession time tho: I outwardly hated on her and secretly rooted for her from like 14 to 18. Like a lot of ppl I'm sure. I'm not proud but I was a kid desperate to seem cool so there's that.

Britney music is undeniably timeless, singable, karaokeable, hummable, loveable, and touches anyone at any age. Not to get all 'our generations Michael Jackson' but she's legit the main of the 2000s when Millennials came of age. In so many ways. 

Not another artist exists that would make me sing (at 30) a karaoke song that feels so natural from my childhood while shouting a related hashtag at the end and get crowd responses. She's that timeless. 

She is so powerful. And we are powerful. She set trends and soundtracks that span like 4 different decades now (late 90s, 2000s, 2010s, 2020s) and now her story is inspiring conversation, documentaries, and laws for the common people that we likely would never have thought. 

Yea Godney and us - we're powerful. More powerful than any other singer and fandom I know right now. #FreeBritney

• Love 3
  • Like 1

I feel like Mood Ring, Swimming In The Stars, and Matches soaring to #1 on iTunes shows our power.

The *******s when Make Me topped Katy and Timberlake were incredible.

If Britney does that well with 5 year old demos without any promo whatsoever.... I don’t know another girl who could do it.

8 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

BUt...they already proved it doe. The immense amount of hate Taylor faced in 2014-2017 was actually over the top, overblown and so irrational. It was a full-fledged hate train during that era. Everyone made fun of her love life, people were made fun of for liking her music, countless parodies were made and profited from her music videos, it was suddenly cool to despise and hate Taylor, Twitter had a full meltdown and bullied Taylor Swift beyond the boundaries when Kim K exposed that footage, all her instagram posts were filled with snake emojis which implied that she was a fake, nasty and crazy lady, it was cool to crack jokes about her, and so much more I can't say at the moment, the bullying and hate drove her to depression and eating disorders, everyone painted her as the bad side. I still remember that 2017 memory of when 11 year old me played LWYMMD? for our class party and everyone collectively said "NOOOOOOOOO" or "EWWWWWWW". That was the hate she received in the hate train era. The fact that I wrote a full paragraph about it, speaks for itself. Yet, Taylor's fans never left their side. The only moment she lost a considerable amount of fans was when im K exposed that footage. But still, her fans continued to stream her music, over 1,000,000 fans went on the first week to buy "Reputation" at the peak of Taylor's hatred, still made songs like LYMMD? and Delicate super hits, still bought actual copies of her records and gave her ha 2nd largest era. That was how loyal they were and even to this day, we fans have never been this loyal in 2007. It is simply the truth sorry.

I don't think that's comparable tho. The Britney hate train and bullying were on another level. Plus, it doesn't help that at that time mental health and the #MeTooMovement weren't a thing. And there's no social media to actually have at least some control over the situation. 

Taylor Swift also has greater support from her management and has a better marketing strategy. She has this loyalty program and purchase incentives. She's really good with interacting with her fans. I mean, I think if Britney had more freedom in artistic choices, her albums, promos, and videos would have been better. I mean look at Taylor's social media accounts, promotions, etc. They're so well-thought of. It doesn't hurt that she can do whatever she wants with her projects.

But yes I agree, Swifties are more powerful now and are more fluent in stan wars etc. Although, in terms of power and loyalty today, I have to give it to the BTS Army (those guys are dedicated af and are actually scary and crazy sometimes). Swifties probably come in second (they can also be scary and crazy sometimes, I've seen Swifties on stan twt discredit Britney saying she wasn't that big even in her prime).

• Like 1

Nope. Nowhere near it.
We were at one point, but we can't even get her to number 1 when she releases new music and albums lol.  
The Free Britney movement might have gained momentum, but that was only due to famous names hopping onboard because something seedy is happening and anyone can see that. Whistle blowers aren't 'powerful', they just happen to be the person who draws the first eyes. It's like saying a small piece of snow is 'powerful' because it set off a chain of events that leads to an avalanche. It isn't the power of the small piece of snow, it's the power of everything else that was set into motion. People wanting to see a human being free from a ****ty situation aren't necessarily big fans of the person, they are just decent people who want to see an innocent person be out of a crappy situation. If Britney's fanbase were on the level of lets say Swifties, The Beyhive or BTS' Army, she probably would have been out of the conservatorship a decade ago. Those fans have numbers and aren't afraid to bring out the pitch forks at the slightest sign of disrespect or funny business lol.

• Love 1

An article said it best, Britney spears is a cult pop star at it's best terms today. 

It's right she's now cult status. Not a huge fanbase, but loyal, ride or dies will ride with her..23 years into a career. People leave or stay around the second decade..

It's just that Britney didn't get a full decade on top due to unfortunate events that prevented her peak to cut short, due to not having proper rest, being overworked and basically being treated as a brand, a commodity, nothing but a dollar sign, instead of a human being, she came probably 15 years to early, to be seen as a human being who happens to be famous, but at her era, human being over celebrity status wasn't a thought let alone an idea. 

That's how much in 23 years the industry changed, if they wanna cancel a tour to rest. It's not looked like well that's lost money, instead of being told no. 

It's honored now.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, canyouhandlemytruth said:

:clownery_makeup_meme:

And Britney lost more fans cuz she went through a much much much rougher time. There's no merit in comparing the loyalty when Taylor's fanbase has never had to deal with anything nearly as bad as 2007

Still more loyal than us. If Taylor went through what Britney went, 90% of her fans would still stay. Its the truth.

3 hours ago, _pakipot said:

I don't think that's comparable tho. The Britney hate train and bullying were on another level. Plus, it doesn't help that at that time mental health and the #MeTooMovement weren't a thing. And there's no social media to actually have at least some control over the situation. 

Taylor Swift also has greater support from her management and has a better marketing strategy. She has this loyalty program and purchase incentives. She's really good with interacting with her fans. I mean, I think if Britney had more freedom in artistic choices, her albums, promos, and videos would have been better. I mean look at Taylor's social media accounts, promotions, etc. They're so well-thought of. It doesn't hurt that she can do whatever she wants with her projects.

But yes I agree, Swifties are more powerful now and are more fluent in stan wars etc. Although, in terms of power and loyalty today, I have to give it to the BTS Army (those guys are dedicated af and are actually scary and crazy sometimes). Swifties probably come in second (they can also be scary and crazy sometimes, I've seen Swifties on stan twt discredit Britney saying she wasn't that big even in her prime).

1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

Still more loyal than us. If Taylor went through what Britney went, 90% of her fans would still stay. Its the truth.

:oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

37 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Different times, sweetheart. If Taylor shaved her head in 2007 and acted like Britney, her fans wouldn't stay with her I'm pretty sure. It's people that made younger and adult fans of Britney believe that she was crazy because she had breakdown  

• Haha 1
On 4/16/2021 at 10:58 AM, Look But Don't Touch said:

Different times, sweetheart. If Taylor shaved her head in 2007 and acted like Britney, her fans wouldn't stay with her I'm pretty sure. It's people that made younger and adult fans of Britney believe that she was crazy because she had breakdown  

Nah. In fact, they would be defending her if she ever shaved off her hair and acted like 2007ney.

16 minutes ago, WhatTheHellWhoCares? said:

Loyal? No. She lost a lot of fans during the Britney Jean saga. 

How could I forget about the Myah Marie Jean saga? In 2007 and 2013, she basically lost nearly half of the fanbase. Swifties could never do that to Taylor, even if she came with a crap album.

• Like 1

Not at all. From 2007 on there was so much harsh criticism.

People now look at Circus era through rose-colored glasses, but at the time this forum complained about nearly every concert during that era. 

FF era showed (most of) the stan’s true colors & “Lazyney” was a common term. SO MUCH complaining. 

Most of the fandom was gone by 2012/2013.