Is Ariana Grande becoming a "has-been"?

Is Ariana Grande becoming a "has-been"?  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

ariana-grande-celebrities-music-girls-wa

I've noticed that people aren't interested in her as much as they used to. And she's losing a lot of fans mostly because of them being bored with her new albums that have very similar sound. She releases album every year and it really doesn't help her career. We all know how bad Positions album did in the first week when they expected much more. She had her new #1s obiously, she's a queen of streaming I guess BUT we all know that her manager has power and he works harder than the devil so are these numbers she has even fair? Her peak was for sure 2019 with Thank U, Next era. Sweetener era was exciting for people cause she came back with new music after long silence and you know, first music since Manchester bombing. People were so interested in her because of her outrageous relationship with Pete Davidson as well and all of the drama and obvi death of her ex. Now people don't care that much even if she got engaged and she became a judge in The Voice. We'll see but it seems like her career won't be bigger. 

No....yeah, her career pretty much rn seems pretty stagnant but it is pretty normal for a career of an artist to be like that in a post-peak era. She was jsut too successful and famous in the TU,N era and everyone can easily acknowledge that she won't ever have an era as big as TU.N and it is okay. You still can't call her a has-been since she still has a fanbase that is crazy for her, has 2 top 3 singles and her new album is doing decently. I think she will only start declining visibly in the late 2020's. But yeah, thats my take on it.

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

I don’t think this mentality that pop artists have to be in the spotlight literally 24/7 to be successful. She just got done putting out 3 albums in 2 years and had the most successful year of her life, after already killing it in 2016. 

You really can’t expect artists to always be releasing new music nonstop. It’s natural she has a break right now, and that makes her no less successful just because she isn’t on the tip of our tongue for once. 

1 hour ago, Urbanney said:

You really can’t expect artists to always be releasing new music nonstop. It’s natural she has a break right now, and that makes her no less successful just because she isn’t on the tip of our tongue for once. 

Girl... the point is that she releases too much music what make it boring and not special at all. Premiere of NTLTC after long break was an event and now? No one is that excited anymore 

I don't think so. She had massive eras with DW and Sweetener/TUN (yes I consider the latter 2 part of 1 era). Positions imo is a pandemic album :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: I think she'll focus on her personal life now that she's engaged and hopefully once the pandemic ends, we'll see what she's got up her sleeve but I highly doubt people will lose interest in her.

• Like 1

I think the only thing that I don't like about her right now is the music direction. Ari is growing up and wanting to explore her own artistry, you could tell by the way she produced and wrote most of her recent projects since 2018. Crediting her own records also guarantee the lack of formulated productions of her label. Before, she can release an album with the producers and songwriters dictating what the narratives would be, and had little of her influence. I think she's too elated to share what's really on her mind, though her songwriting skill still NEEDS a lot to work on, and that f-ing trap sound obsession NEEDS to stop. :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Positions outsold evermore in the Us, everybody called it a flop, it's just the success is not that instant fast, it's probably alienated people cos of how explicit the album is, but Janet Jackson was explicit, but it felt more authentic maybe cos she wasn't a kid star, but I have seen the judgment only on Disney and nick stars that they can't grow up, admit they have *** and such. 

It's like they have to be pigeonholed as kids forever. 

It's a curse on being on a network aimed at kids, have to stay that way forever and Virginal. I think that's why Selena Gomez was never criticized the way the others were, as her image isn't too explicit but the way we met her like Hillary duff and Raven, classy and not to vulgar. 

No. Her last album went #1 and it's predicted to go back to the top 5 next week (and this is almost 6 months after its release). The lead single went #1, the second single went #2 and the 3rd single is currently rising on radio. She has been the it girl since thank u, next (single) dropped and I think she will continue to dominate for at least another 2 years, everyone loves her right now.

• Like 1

Yes, all of her recent albums sound the same and her singing itself has gotten really stale. She rarely serves power vocals and instead murmurs to an R&B beat with "yuhs" and Ebonics mixed in. Also her fashion sense really annoys me now; how much longer is she going to keep up these beta sex kitten looks? 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block