Legends only: the anniversary of Left Eye's death is upon us

April 25 is the day, I would like to forget, it's special for T Boz as it's her 51st Birthday, an age she was told she wouldn't see cos she's supposed to be dead due to her Sickle cell anemia, doctors told her she would never see 30 or have children she did both. Love ya, T. 

It's also bittersweet as her sister in TLC died in Honduras. Left eye at the age of 30, died. I reccomend watching the last days of left eye, you will see a girl at her happiest, but also very aware as she studies numerology, and kinda saw what happened to her, but trigger warning, you see for a few seconds the accident that led to her untimely death, that scarred me I wasn't prepared for that scene. 

So In honor, I'm gonna share the five times she kept it real when it came to TLC and the music, and the iconic

"This is how you can sell ten million records and still be broke, everybody grab a pen and paper, and get ready to do your math"

#5 she was against creep and cheating in general. She said why do the same, if he's cheating the best thing to do is leave him. 

For her rap in remixes of creep, she basically warns, about being baby mamas, incest in the south and better pray you don't catch HIV (which was prevalent at the time and at its peak in the 90s).

So she turned a negative into a positive.

#4 a back handed compliment towards diggin on you. 

She liked the melody and the groove, but left eye being the only member that actually had writing credits throughout their catalog as the rapper,  she slammed the lyrics, saying typical Babyface song, cutesy 4th of july summer love, but lyrical content needs lyrical substance, this ain't it. 

#3 Performing fan favorite kick your game with her sister Reigndrop. Kick your game is TLC waiting for a guy to initiate the invitation to Hook up, but Lisa's raps in the form of the suiter, as she narrates the conversation from his side. 

Miss left eye, then goes to your Lisa lopes, since she rapped it as a conversation between the two with her being the guy and herself, it was only suited for the only time they performed it live due to the unusual style of the rap, she performed it with her younger sister dressed just like Lisa. It's really cool to watch these two on a stage. Kicking it. 

#2 when she out rapped and out staged lil Kim on her own track. 

To out rap and outperformed every female on the only all female rap collaboration to exist, is not only slay, but like everybody said, she was one of a kind and outshines all. 

#1 Lisa breaks it down. 

TLC sold 10 MMillion records and ended up broke, all that recording studio time, video productions, they loan you that money, as she says they take what they loaned out first, followed by 50% tax bracket, left TLC with 300,000 each, and as she ironically said, buy a new car, but what am I gonna pay my Bill's with. 

Rest in peace Lisa. left-eye.jpg.c138a8fd31e472df39e1ec36965ab9d1.jpg

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block