Is Jamie The Reason, We Never Got Make Me Original Video?

OCBoy1985

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Dreams said:

i think the aesthetic and cinematography looks very cliche and there is something that bothers me in the attitude and gestures/body language of Britney. she doesn't seem comfortable, the fashion looks cheap and like they found it in some amsterdam s e x shop. Usually Britney knows how serve s e x  without coming across as disgraceful or degrading but in this video i think it looks very ... off? I will never get the obsession for Make Me... This is her weakest lead single. I just never liked the song to begin with, no matter how good the music video could have been, i think nothing could have saved this song. Glory had better lead single material than this.  This just never felt like a good lead single, it feels like an album filler. Even tho Britney doesn't even sing on Work B , it's a way better song than Make Me.

David Lachapelle is amazing at taking pictures but his music videos can be very hit or miss. It's just not what he's best at.

I think her weakest lead single was Me Against The Music, not even Madge could save that awful song.

The video is EPIC tho but I never ever listen to that song.

I think Make Me was a great choice for a leas single just for the simple fact that it's not the normal uptempo dance track that we normally get as a lead from Brit.  My only complaint about the song is why is G Eazy on the song?  Britney could have gotten a A list rapper on that track instead of letting RCA use her with trying to propel the careers of Eazy and Tinashe.

Even if she didn't have the budget to pay I sure she could have still gotten a A list rapper to do it for her for free .. She could have gotten Fabolous again Lil Wayne or Snoop I'm sure either one would have done it for free but I can't imagine Britney not having the budget tho to pay a A list rapper 50/200K for a verse.

G Eazy isn't a great rapper and I think with someone better it could have made the song better and could have possibly did better with a better rapper too!

Glory imo didn't have many strong standout tracks that screams this is a hit ... what song would U have made the lead single?

24 minutes ago, OCBoy1985 said:

I think her weakest lead single was Me Against The Music, not even Madge could save that awful song.

I think Make Me was a great choice for a leas single just for the simple fact that it's not the normal uptempo dance track that we normally get as a lead from Brit.  My only complaint about the song is why is G Eazy on the song?  Britney could have gotten a A list rapper on that track instead of letting RCA use her with trying to propel the careers of Eazy and Tinashe.

Even if she didn't have the budget to pay I sure she could have still gotten a A list rapper to do it for her for free .. She could have gotten Fabolous again Lil Wayne or Snoop I'm sure either one would have done it for free but I can't imagine Britney not having the budget tho to pay a A list rapper 50/200K for a verse.

G Eazy isn't a great rapper and I think with someone better it could have made the song better and could have possibly did better with a better rapper too!

Glory imo didn't have many strong standout tracks that screams this is a hit ... what song would U have made the lead single?

I think what bothers me on Make Me is the vocal delivery and the way she laids her voice on the beat, there's something off but i don't really know what. I think it could have been better if she sang it in her deeper / natural range. A snoop dog collab could have been dope, he really likes Britney from what he's said in interviews.

I kinda agree about Me Against The Music, Britney and Madonna deserved a better song, imagine if they sang Breathe On Me instead lol... but i still think MATM is catchier than Make Me. It's just my music taste tho, we all have our own perception etc. I'm more into uptempo and fast BPMs.

As for Glory's lead single, i think back then pop music was just starting to get into the tropical house trend so Change Your Mind could have been a good choice, it was the perfect timing for a single like Change Your Mind, that sound was very trendy at that time. Or maybe Slumber Party? The Make Me video kinda ruined Glory's momentum so it's hard to tell if Slumber Party would have flopped as a lead single.

But to be quite honest i never cared that much about Glory, it's probably my least listened Britney album, i stopped listening to it like 2 months later. i'm just not into that whole tropical thing.

23 hours ago, Dreams said:

I think what bothers me on Make Me is the vocal delivery and the way she laids her voice on the beat, there's something off but i don't really know what. I think it could have been better if she sang it in her deeper / natural range. A snoop dog collab could have been dope, he really likes Britney from what he's said in interviews.

I kinda agree about Me Against The Music, Britney and Madonna deserved a better song, imagine if they sang Breathe On Me instead lol... but i still think MATM is catchier than Make Me. It's just my music taste tho, we all have our own perception etc. I'm more into uptempo and fast BPMs.

As for Glory's lead single, i think back then pop music was just starting to get into the tropical house trend so Change Your Mind could have been a good choice, it was the perfect timing for a single like Change Your Mind, that sound was very trendy at that time. Or maybe Slumber Party? The Make Me video kinda ruined Glory's momentum so it's hard to tell if Slumber Party would have flopped as a lead single.

But to be quite honest i never cared that much about Glory, it's probably my least listened Britney album, i stopped listening to it like 2 months later. i'm just not into that whole tropical thing.

I love both CYM and Slumber Party without Tinashe of course 😂 U know what MM would have SLAYED in her deep natural tone 🙌🏾

I think CYM would have been better she sung in Spanish for crying out loud! lololol

She could have had a Spanish themed MV or something, belly danced again like in Slave and just made it a huge production with a long video with a story!

They really did deserve better ... both of them on BOM would have been EPIC 

I'm with U on that I don't play it that much besides a few songs,  I play Femme Fatale, Circus, BO & ITZ the most!

BJ was awful but I like some of the songs on there like Now That I found You, Hold On Tight, Perfume, Passenger (Excluding that lil hiccup on the bridge) and It Should Be Easy and of course WB which I HATED at 1st lol.

On 4/20/2021 at 2:03 PM, OCBoy1985 said:

I was a Madonna stan at the time — not a Britney stan.

And I've got to admit...It's Madge's worst song ever.
Plus, the video made her look like a crypt keeper next to pretty, youthful Britney. :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: 

Archived