Is Jamie The Reason, We Never Got Make Me Original Video?

On 4/16/2021 at 11:56 AM, reVolution said:

For once I will agree with you B*, the video was awful, yes she looked hot, but it didnt make sense, and it was just a mess, and the leaked footage of her in the bulldozer did show her not liking what they were recording

It didnt make sense because the leaked scenes where just that, random isolated and unedited scenes. David Lachapelle said it was not his cut. What we saw, was an unfinished work. 

Every time Britney works with David, we always get A-LIST visuals, whether it is a photoshoot or a video, he always gets her best on camera. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, MSTAR said:

I get why you think it’s weird, I mean, it’s not common to change a mind like that, but I don’t think her father decided to delete this music video. I know she is taking a break until her father isn’t the one who run the conservatorship, but in general, he don’t mind what Britney does on her artistic creativity as long as Britney is working properly.

The most accurate, and easiest fact to believe is that Britney changed her mind due to how vulgar and inappropriate the video is, as she already said, she is a mom. If it happened to Work B***h, then I don’t see why it wouldn’t with the original Make Me.

Because if the chains and the cage are the reasons why it got scrapped, then the new video for Make Me would have the same level of vulgarity/inappropriate contents as the first version. But here, the new video is softer than the old one, with a whole new concept which totally proves the "It just didn’t worked" as the old video [the leaked cut to be precise, as it’s not the Director’s Cut] had no-sense.

Not saying the new version is better, both are trash in my opinion.

I hope you understand more my point of view, but I totally get why you think it’s so weird and suspicious how she changed her mind like that.

And to answer to your last post: yes, the leaked cut was edited by someone else and not by the Director.

I totally get where you are coming from and I’m not taking it personally in anyway.

Thanks for that!  All this time I thought that video was David LaChapelle’s work.

10 hours ago, Million Billion said:

It didnt make sense because the leaked scenes where just that, random isolated and unedited scenes. David Lachapelle said it was not his cut. What we saw, was an unfinished work. 

Every time Britney works with David, we always get A-LIST visuals, whether it is a photoshoot or a video, he always gets her best on camera. 

He brings out the best in everyone!

I don’t think we have legendary photographers/director’s like that anymore.

On 4/18/2021 at 10:56 AM, OCBoy1985 said:

He brings out the best in everyone!

I don’t think we have legendary photographers/director’s like that anymore.

Mario Testino and Ellen Von Unwerth also make magic with Britney and with everyone else as well. Their work in Britney's career is outstanding :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

They are professionals, and that's what you get when you hire professionals, you get a professional work, not the cartoon-ish edits RaNdEe st niCh0Laz give us :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

On 4/14/2021 at 10:27 PM, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

No Jamie doesn’t and never had a say when it came to her artistic expression/freedom. That’s more her record label and management. The video was horrible, vulgar and Britney didn’t like it. That’s why it was scrapped. It isn’t that deep. aq9Apl8.gif

On 4/14/2021 at 10:45 PM, AreYouReady said:

BRITNEY was the one who didnt liked it. David CONFIRMED it on his instagram. Not everything is the blame of Jamie. :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

• Like 1
On 4/14/2021 at 12:22 PM, OCBoy1985 said:

What's so "vulgar" about it?

It's no more "vulgar" than Toxic is. 

He does have a say over her career!  

That's one of the reasons why she's not working he's had a say in her career every since the CS started back in 2008.

He has a say over her career, money and personal life I mean everything regarding her life he controls. smh!

@Blackout2006 are you listening to this clown? aq9Apl8.gif

He thinks a video like 'Toxic' is in the same caliber as 'Make Me', the SHEER insult. aq9Apl8.gif Difference is that 'Toxic' was tastefully done unlike the latter which showed her dry humping the air in some cheap leotards between a bunch of men wearing lingerie. Do you understand how that image, at that point in time in her career, would have been a massive turn off to the general public, at large? aq9Apl8.gif You are aware that Britney has a fanbase outside of the LGTBQ community, right? Britney's music and artistry doesn't just revolve around 30+ year old gays. aq9Apl8.gif And no, Papa Spears doesn't give a **** nor has a say about what she can or cannot do (CAREER wise). Once again, you guys are delusional but what's new. aq9Apl8.gif 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

He thinks a video like 'Toxic' is in the same caliber as 'Make Me', the SHEER insult. aq9Apl8.gif Difference is that 'Toxic' was tastefully done unlike the latter which showed her dry the air in some cheap leotards between a bunch of men wearing lingerie. Do you understand how that image would have been a massive turn off to the general public, at large? aq9Apl8.gif You are aware that Britney has a fanbase outside of the LGTBQ community, right? Britney's music and artistry doesn't just revolve around 30 year old gays. aq9Apl8.gif And no, Papa Spears doesn't give a **** nor has a say about what she can or cannot do (CAREER wise). You guys are delusional but what's new. aq9Apl8.gif 

EXACTLY aq9Apl8.gif Toxic is a well-done video and doesn't overdo the "vulgar" parts of the video which only btw consist 20% of the video aq9Apl8.gif Make Me OG is just plainly vulgar and done in a very bad taste , and your description is perfect of how trash this video isaq9Apl8.gif Heck, the song would flop even harder, had they went with that video aq9Apl8.gif Yes, Jamie doesn't care about ha career decisions except miliking the money out of it, and as much as I hate him, to just blame him for the scrapping of this disgrace of a video when u can't admit that objectively, it is a bad video is just plain plain delusionalaq9Apl8.gif 

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

EXACTLY aq9Apl8.gif Toxic is a well-done video and doesn't overdo the "vulgar" parts of the video which only btw consist 20% of the video aq9Apl8.gif Make Me OG is just plainly vulgar and done in a very bad taste , and your description is perfect of how trash this video isaq9Apl8.gif Heck, the song would flop even harder, had they went with that video aq9Apl8.gif Yes, Jamie doesn't care about ha career decisions except miliking the money out of it, and as much as I hate him, to just blame him for the scrapping of this disgrace of a video when u can't admit that objectively, it is a bad video is just plain plain delusionalaq9Apl8.gif 

Exactly bestie aq9Apl8.gif 

These people are still so stuck in the past it's comedy at this point aq9Apl8.gif 

• Haha 2
20 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Exactly bestie aq9Apl8.gif 

These people are still so stuck in the past it's comedy at this point aq9Apl8.gif 

Dddddd they be acting like this video was this generations greatest MV, and can't admit the simple fact of why it was scrapped aq9Apl8.gif

We r reaching heights of clownery only the Monster, Swifties and Beyhives have reachedaq9Apl8.gif

• Haha 1

Everytime out of context wouldn’t make sense . If all we saw were paparazzi scenes and what not .

Perhaps make me was about her being forced to make a **** video and being trapped .. like it starts with record executives being like we need **** Britney back ... so she is forced to make this overtly ***ual video. She yells in the middle of it I don’t like it . Proceeds to bulldoze the whole scene down. Throws a tv, electrocutes a dancer, destroys everything . Breaks free from the chains .. has a moment where she is walking in the desert free , then later is handcuffed and taken to an actual prison .. with the end being the guy who was electrocuted in the pool waking up as a nod to the everytime video 

12 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Dddddd they be acting like this video was this generations greatest MV, and can't admit the simple fact of why it was scrapped aq9Apl8.gif

We r reaching heights of clownery only the Monster, Swifties and Beyhives have reachedaq9Apl8.gif

NAWWRRR it's true it's true, there's a reason why I disassociate myself from the big FAT joke that is the Britney Army  aq9Apl8.gif 

They really act like the video was the second coming of Christ when the reality was that it would have just dug her career into a ditch even further  aq9Apl8.gif 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

They really act like the video was the when the reality was that it would have just dug her career into a ditch even further  aq9Apl8.gif 

Omg YESSS jjsjsjsj aq9Apl8.gifaq9Apl8.gifaq9Apl8.gif  Imagine the hate our gurl would have received if that trash ever got released to the public aq9Apl8.gif As if, she wasn't still recovering from the Myah Marie Jean era aq9Apl8.gif We really dodged a bullet on this one aq9Apl8.gif

• Haha 1
52 minutes ago, Intheblue said:

Everytime out of context wouldn’t make sense . If all we saw were paparazzi scenes and what not .

Perhaps make me was about her being forced to make a **** video and being trapped .. like it starts with record executives being like we need **** Britney back ... so she is forced to make this overtly ***ual video. She yells in the middle of it I don’t like it . Proceeds to bulldoze the whole scene down. Throws a tv, electrocutes a dancer, destroys everything . Breaks free from the chains .. has a moment where she is walking in the desert free , then later is handcuffed and taken to an actual prison .. with the end being the guy who was electrocuted in the pool waking up as a nod to the everytime video 

The concept was brilliant but once again, the execution was horrible. They should have hired a different director tbh.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

He thinks a video like 'Toxic' is in the same caliber as 'Make Me', the SHEER insult. aq9Apl8.gif Difference is that 'Toxic' was tastefully done unlike the latter which showed her dry humping the air in some cheap leotards between a bunch of men wearing lingerie. Do you understand how that image, at that point in time in her career, would have been a massive turn off to the general public, at large? aq9Apl8.gif You are aware that Britney has a fanbase outside of the LGTBQ community, right? Britney's music and artistry doesn't just revolve around 30+ year old gays. aq9Apl8.gif And no, Papa Spears doesn't give a **** nor has a say about what she can or cannot do (CAREER wise). Once again, you guys are delusional but what's new. aq9Apl8.gif 

1st who are U calling a clown?

I give everyone respect on here and you're going to do the same to me, and I thank u!  U people kill me talking out of the side of your neck cause I know for a fact U wouldn't have said that to my face ... so don't try it over the internet!

Also where is the lie?  Toxic is just as vulgar as the Make Me video is and that's a fact!

Papa Spears has a say over everything she does, U ******* dummy.

Also last I check the only people that's checking for Britney are Gay men in their 30s and most of them have moved on to Beyonce   .... Ain't no 20 something yr olds listening to Britney and ain't no straight girls really checking for Britney either.

The only one delusional is YOU .. Britney name has been in the media a lot every since that Documentary and none of her music has resurfaced on Billboard, Spotify, Apple Music etc.

So it seems to me that even the Gays have moved on. 😭

10 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

NAWWRRR it's true it's true, there's a reason why I disassociate myself from the big FAT joke that is the Britney Army  aq9Apl8.gif 

They really act like the video was the second coming of Christ when the reality was that it would have just dug her career into a ditch even further  aq9Apl8.gif 

U disassociated yourself from The Army, yet here U are on Breatheheavy commenting.  

I mean make it make sense PLEASE.

Also That video in the OP is better then that awful BS we did get!

10 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Well Taylor just won her 3rd AOTY and Beyonce is the Queen of everything and even Britney Stans, so they can't be that delusional.

The only delusional ones is The Army, it's not 2000 anymore. 😭

9 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

The concept was brilliant but once again, the execution was horrible. They should have hired a different director tbh.

Nobody has seen David LaChapelle finished product of MM, so how can U say that?

That video in the OP is not his work!

On 4/14/2021 at 2:27 PM, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

No Jamie doesn’t and never had a say when it came to her artistic expression/freedom. That’s more her record label and management. The video was horrible, vulgar and Britney didn’t like it. That’s why it was scrapped. It isn’t that deep. aq9Apl8.gif

So it wasn’t until the video was filmed that Britney realized it was vulgar? Not while she was dancing naked in a cage (which was her idea). The same Britney that was in a bra and panties on stage :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

i think the aesthetic and cinematography looks very cliche and there is something that bothers me in the attitude and gestures/body language of Britney. she doesn't seem comfortable, the fashion looks cheap and like they found it in some amsterdam s e x shop. Usually Britney knows how serve s e x  without coming across as disgraceful or degrading but in this video i think it looks very ... off? I will never get the obsession for Make Me... This is her weakest lead single. I just never liked the song to begin with, no matter how good the music video could have been, i think nothing could have saved this song. Glory had better lead single material than this.  This just never felt like a good lead single, it feels like an album filler. Even tho Britney doesn't even sing on Work B , it's a way better song than Make Me.

David Lachapelle is amazing at taking pictures but his music videos can be very hit or miss. It's just not what he's best at.

• Like 1