Is Jamie The Reason, We Never Got Make Me Original Video?

58 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

that's what I think. She had to know the storyline beforehand, she had to rehearse, she had to pick the outfits, she always watches the scenes after they're shot, we've seen it on every behind the scenes clip, even Till the World Ends, as pissed as she was, so I don't think this would be the exception.

They did two days of shooting if I'm not mistaken, only to say, nah, I don't like it? It just didn't work? lol

I mean, it's a possibility that maybe she had something in mind while she was filming it, and then when she saw the final thing, it just wasn't what she imagined (despite seeing every single scene after it was done). In the interview she gave for E! News on the set, she seemed very happy and excited about the project, she didn't seem pissed as in TTWE. Or maybe she just changed her mind, maybe when she was shooting it she felt very empowered and confident, and then by the time the video was edited, she was feeling uncomfortable, insecure, and had a "what the hell was I thinking?" moment.

David said this is not his edit, however it seems kinda funny because the cheap video we got, the Randee St. Nicholas one, actually bears some resemblance to the footage from the original that we got. In the original they start at some sort of videoshoot, they're filming something and she takes one of the models home. In the official they're auditioning for a video, and ultimately takes a guy too. Less symbolism and deaths, but there's still half-naked guys and Britney making out with a stranger. So I feel like she really liked that concept there, but then she just didn't like how it looked like in the final edit.

Now, I don't know why they couldn't just use the scenes from what they got, like just the dancing scenes, or something, do some sort of Frankenstein as they did with Perfume. Joseph Kahn says the Perfume video we got wasn't his cut, but implied that he was forced to do as they asked him to. So he did edit that against his will, because he was obligated to comply. Why would David be any different, in the sense of "or you use my version, or you don't use any footage", because they did use the G-Eazy parts. You may think they would've forced him to do a cheap cut taking out everything they didn't like.

Also, didn't he say too that Larry was like telling him this had to be super controversial?

I have a feeling that David, being the diva that he is, demanded they used his cut or none of his material at all which is exactly what happened. Maybe they couldn’t get G-Eazy to film the second video, so David worked out a deal with them that they *could* use his material as long as it wasn’t recognizably from the video shoot? Or something of the sorts? Cus Britney’s hands running through his hair aren’t seen in the video right? And also with the Glory 2020 rerelease the photos were heavily modified (ie the house that she was chained to was removed and we instead got ever changing vague desert photoshopped backgrounds). This could also be why Randee was credited as the photographer for the Make Me single cover when it was actually David

• Like 1

I can see it being true both that Britney didn't like the video because she thought it was too ***ual, and she viewed Make Me as more of a romantic and softer song, and also that Jamie was mad at her for coming up the cage and chains idea. I think there was just too much mess surrounding the video in general tbh :enigma_alien_blue:

• Like 1
10 hours ago, OCBoy1985 said:

That's what I don't understand either.

I mean did she not watch any of it back after she got done filming  scenes?

Like U said videos are planned out to a T and she knew what it was going to be so why the sudden I don't like it narrative?

It all just seems weird to me.

Because she did like it while it was being filmed.

Something clearly happened after filming completed — either she didn't like the final edit, or...she didn't like the final edit?

That is, if it was actually Britney who didn't like the final edit...It's quite possible they're blaming it on her when it wasn't her decision at all.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

that's what I think. She had to know the storyline beforehand, she had to rehearse, she had to pick the outfits, she always watches the scenes after they're shot, we've seen it on every behind the scenes clip, even Till the World Ends, as pissed as she was, so I don't think this would be the exception.

They did two days of shooting if I'm not mistaken, only to say, nah, I don't like it? It just didn't work? lol

I mean, it's a possibility that maybe she had something in mind while she was filming it, and then when she saw the final thing, it just wasn't what she imagined (despite seeing every single scene after it was done). In the interview she gave for E! News on the set, she seemed very happy and excited about the project, she didn't seem pissed as in TTWE. Or maybe she just changed her mind, maybe when she was shooting it she felt very empowered and confident, and then by the time the video was edited, she was feeling uncomfortable, insecure, and had a "what the hell was I thinking?" moment.

David said this is not his edit, however it seems kinda funny because the cheap video we got, the Randee St. Nicholas one, actually bears some resemblance to the footage from the original that we got. In the original they start at some sort of videoshoot, they're filming something and she takes one of the models home. In the official they're auditioning for a video, and ultimately takes a guy too. Less symbolism and deaths, but there's still half-naked guys and Britney making out with a stranger. So I feel like she really liked that concept there, but then she just didn't like how it looked like in the final edit.

Now, I don't know why they couldn't just use the scenes from what they got, like just the dancing scenes, or something, do some sort of Frankenstein as they did with Perfume. Joseph Kahn says the Perfume video we got wasn't his cut, but implied that he was forced to do as they asked him to. So he did edit that against his will, because he was obligated to comply. Why would David be any different, in the sense of "or you use my version, or you don't use any footage", because they did use the G-Eazy parts. You may think they would've forced him to do a cheap cut taking out everything they didn't like.

Also, didn't he say too that Larry was like telling him this had to be super controversial?

OMG I didn't have any knowledge of this? 😳

That sounds like something Larry would say and to be fair to him, we all love controversial Britney!

It sounds like Britney being in this CS is ruining a lot of her professional relationships.  I mean they ****ed over Joesph Khan AND David Lachappelle smh.

4 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Because she did like it while it was being filmed.

Something clearly happened after filming completed — either she didn't like the final edit, or...she didn't like the final edit?

That is, if it was actually Britney who didn't like the final edit...It's quite possible they're blaming it on her when it wasn't her decision at all.

That's what I'm thinking too

The powers that be didn't care for it and made Britney say she didn't like it to save face.

Man when everything comes out I fear it's going to be much worse then even we imagined. smh

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Sadira said:

all i can add is that in every insta photo and vid around the time of the shooting of the album pictures and the video she looks really happy and into it.  and all of a sudden disliking the WHOLE thing is a bit weird, but who knows

My thoughts exactly too, we'll probably never know what really happened.

On 4/14/2021 at 1:27 PM, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

No Jamie doesn’t and never had a say when it came to her artistic expression/freedom. That’s more her record label and management. The video was horrible, vulgar and Britney didn’t like it. That’s why it was scrapped. It isn’t that deep. aq9Apl8.gif

For once I will agree with you B*, the video was awful, yes she looked hot, but it didnt make sense, and it was just a mess, and the leaked footage of her in the bulldozer did show her not liking what they were recording

On 4/14/2021 at 3:35 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

Meh, that's nothing. I think she's just referring to that specific shot.

If you watch the cut of the video that was released later on, you can see it's just her and Austin in the backhoe together — no dancers grinding on the top of the backhoe. I'm pretty sure it was the grinding dancers that she was referring to, because they took her advice and re-shot the scene without them.

But didnt she screamed f* assh*le or something to the director? Lol, I dont know, she has fought for other things in her career, Im sure if she had really wanted this video out she would have pushed for it.

9 minutes ago, reVolution said:

But didnt she screamed f* assh*le or something to the director? Lol, I dont know, she has fought for other things in her career, Im sure if she had really wanted this video out she would have pushed for it.

She's was only referring to the specific shot when she yelled that at David — they re-filmed it without the grinding dancers, and that's what showed up in the cut that we all saw.

• Like 1
On 4/14/2021 at 8:27 PM, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

No Jamie doesn’t and never had a say when it came to her artistic expression/freedom. That’s more her record label and management. The video was horrible, vulgar and Britney didn’t like it. That’s why it was scrapped. It isn’t that deep. aq9Apl8.gif

On 4/14/2021 at 8:45 PM, AreYouReady said:

BRITNEY was the one who didnt liked it. David CONFIRMED it on his instagram. Not everything is the blame of Jamie. :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

Exactly. It’s just Britney who didn’t liked it, it’s not that deep. I don’t think her father has anything to do with this music video, it’s Britney who changed her mind after thinking to potential consequences.

16 hours ago, OCBoy1985 said:

That's what I don't understand either.

I mean did she not watch any of it back after she got done filming  scenes?

Like U said videos are planned out to a T and she knew what it was going to be so why the sudden I don't like it narrative?

It all just seems weird to me.

In my opinion, it’s not weird, because it happened the same thing with Work B***h. Even if she shot the whole music video, she said that she did a lot of things that aren’t on the final music video. The half of Work B***h video was cut by Britney because she said that she is a mother:

So it’s not surprising that she finally changed her mind on the first version of Make Me too.

On 4/14/2021 at 8:27 PM, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

And it was clearly against the conservation ship with Britney in a cage and in the end where she is destroying the house where she was held in. I think it was an artistic version of herself freeing her, if that makes sense. :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

And I think she was censored by her team. Why wouldn't she release such an important video? Too explicit scenes could always be taken out and replaced.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Eh who knows but I do know that she loves to play with the Dichotomy of innocent on the outside and naughty on the inside. This video reminded me a little of IUSA. Suburban house and clean on the outside then all this *** going on inside. She’s not THAT innocent. Reoccurring theme throughout her entire career. I highly doubt Jamie understands art and a lot of things fly over his head. Britney seemed to have way more creative control this era. Plus David said himself that she just didn’t like the final product and called the leak of his original footage suspicious. 

23 hours ago, MSTAR said:

Exactly. It’s just Britney who didn’t liked it, it’s not that deep. I don’t think her father has anything to do with this music video, it’s Britney who changed her mind after thinking to potential consequences.

In my opinion, it’s not weird, because it happened the same thing with Work B***h. Even if she shot the whole music video, she said that she did a lot of things that aren’t on the final music video. The half of Work B***h video was cut by Britney because she said that she is a mother:

So it’s not surprising that she finally changed her mind on the first version of Make Me too.

To me it was/is.

Also her father does have a say in her career, hence her not working until he doesn’t! 

23 hours ago, FreeAsMyHair said:

And it was clearly against the conservation ship with Britney in a cage and in the end where she is destroying the house where she was held in. I think it was an artistic version of herself freeing her, if that makes sense. :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

And I think she was censored by her team. Why wouldn't she release such an important video? Too explicit scenes could always be taken out and replaced.

Great point! 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, TakeYourHand said:

Eh who knows but I do know that she loves to play with the Dichotomy of innocent on the outside and naughty on the inside. This video reminded me a little of IUSA. Suburban house and clean on the outside then all this *** going on inside. She’s not THAT innocent. Reoccurring theme throughout her entire career. I highly doubt Jamie understands art and a lot of things fly over his head. Britney seemed to have way more creative control this era. Plus David said himself that she just didn’t like the final product and called the leak of his original footage suspicious. 

Someone said that the video that leaked wasn’t his work?

1 hour ago, OCBoy1985 said:

To me it was/is.

Also her father does have a say in her career, hence her not working until he doesn’t! 

I get why you think it’s weird, I mean, it’s not common to change a mind like that, but I don’t think her father decided to delete this music video. I know she is taking a break until her father isn’t the one who run the conservatorship, but in general, he don’t mind what Britney does on her artistic creativity as long as Britney is working properly.

The most accurate, and easiest fact to believe is that Britney changed her mind due to how vulgar and inappropriate the video is, as she already said, she is a mom. If it happened to Work B***h, then I don’t see why it wouldn’t with the original Make Me.

Because if the chains and the cage are the reasons why it got scrapped, then the new video for Make Me would have the same level of vulgarity/inappropriate contents as the first version. But here, the new video is softer than the old one, with a whole new concept which totally proves the "It just didn’t worked" as the old video [the leaked cut to be precise, as it’s not the Director’s Cut] had no-sense.

Not saying the new version is better, both are trash in my opinion.

I hope you understand more my point of view, but I totally get why you think it’s so weird and suspicious how she changed her mind like that.

And to answer to your last post: yes, the leaked cut was edited by someone else and not by the Director.