Jump to content

Is Jamie The Reason, We Never Got Make Me Original Video?


Recommended Posts

Now that I think about it is Jamie the reason Britney didn't release The original video for Make Me?  

Because she couldn't?

I always found it strange that Britney got David Lachapelle to come out of retirement to film her new video and then doesn't use his footage?

Certainly while she was filming the video she was watching it back and if she didn't like it, why finish the video?

The whole thing doesn't make sense to me and I never bought that excuse that Brit gave us back in 2016.

 

What do you guys think?

 

Idc what anyone says this video is EPIC EPIC EPIC and would have done a lot more justice for Make Me than the original video did.

Britney looked GREAT, I like the dancing, the scenary etc everything about it was great!

 I personally think Jamie seen the video and wouldn't let Britney put it out thus making her record a whole new video.  This could also be the reason why we only got 1 other single/video from this era.  The money they used the 2nd Make Me video could have been used for a 3rd video/single.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

we'll know once she's free - so we'll know soon.

1 minute ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

No Jamie doesn’t and never had a say when it came to her artistic expression/freedom. That’s more her record label and management. The video was horrible, vulgar and Britney didn’t like it. That’s why it was scrapped. It isn’t that deep. aq9Apl8.gif

kinda agree with this tho'

  • Like 2
Link to comment
51 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Britney chained to her house and caged in her own backyard?

This video was absolutely about the conservatorship. :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

I didn't even think about that.  Even more of a reason why Jamie rejected the video and stopped it from being released.

 

26 minutes ago, AreYouReady said:

BRITNEY was the one who didnt liked it. David CONFIRMED it on his instagram. Not everything is the blame of Jamie. :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

He could have been paid to say that.

Why would Britney film an entire video and then all of a sudden, she doesn't like it?

NTM he came out of RETIREMENT for Britney and then she doesn't use his video?  

That was highly unprofessional among other things.

Did she not watch any of the scenes after they were completed?   All artists do that so it doesn't make sense that she didn't like it she had to see what she was filming and I'm sure it was mostly her idea and vision.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, OCBoy1985 said:

Now that I think about it is Jamie the reason Britney didn't release The original video for Make Me?  

I don't know if he was the reason in this situation, but what I know for sure is that he was and still is the reason why Primney never returned.:mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

Yes, I know in 2016 she came, but just for a moment to tell us Hello:hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
50 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

No Jamie doesn’t and never had a say when it came to her artistic expression/freedom. That’s more her record label and management. The video was horrible, vulgar and Britney didn’t like it. That’s why it was scrapped. It isn’t that deep. aq9Apl8.gif

What's so "vulgar" about it?

It's no more "vulgar" than Toxic is. 

He does have a say over her career!  

That's one of the reasons why she's not working he's had a say in her career every since the CS started back in 2008.

He has a say over her career, money and personal life I mean everything regarding her life he controls. smh!

  • Love 3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, dfffff said:

I don't know if he was the reason in this situation, but what I know for sure is that he was and still is the reason why Primney never returned.:mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

Yes, I know in 2016 she came, but just for a moment to tell us Hello:hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello:

She never came back performance wise imo.

I been a fan since 1999 and have witnessed The Onyx Hotel Tour in person and yea she never came back.

Britney in her prime danced her *** off, she always pushed herself, she had the attitude and everything and I didn't get that from The Glory era

I was watching her M&Ms tour from 2007 and that was better than 99% of her performances post her comeback.

I think if she wasn't on heavy meds, got a good choreographer, out of the CS and she was performing the music she wanted too I could see her putting on a great performance.

She did try tho during The Glory era .. I mean she even did The VMAs and BBMAs and did shows overseas.    FF and Circus and was just phoning it in and BJ she was totally clocked out LMAO

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, OCBoy1985 said:

I didn't even think about that.  Even more of a reason why Jamie rejected the video and stopped it from being released.


Let's not forget the surveillance cameras in the house...another hint that she was constantly being "watched." And I'm sure there are lots of other hints that the video was about the conservatorship, if we were to all go back and watch it again.

Remember, at the time the original MM video was filmed, Jamie was in Nashville with Jamie Lynn...It was Bryan who was by her side in Vegas during this time period. She had much more creative freedom at the beginning of the Glory era.

Videos are planned out to the second prior to filming, including a script, storyboards, and pre-viz if there's going to be any special F/X (e.g. whatever was going to be playing on the television when it was thrown in the pool)...It's highly unlikely she'd suddenly dislike the video once they got to the edit stage.

  • Love 3
  • Like 2
Link to comment
33 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:


Let's not forget the surveillance cameras in the house...another hint that she was constantly being "watched." And I'm sure there are lots of other hints that the video was about the conservatorship, if we were to all go back and watch it again.

Remember, at the time the original MM video was filmed, Jamie was in Nashville with Jamie Lynn...It was Bryan who was by her side in Vegas during this time period. She had much more creative freedom at the beginning of the Glory era.

Videos are planned out to the second prior to filming, including a script, storyboards, and pre-viz if there's going to be any special F/X (e.g. whatever was going to be playing on the television when it was thrown in the pool)...It's highly unlikely she'd suddenly dislike the video once they got to the edit stage.

Thank you!!!

 

A previously reliable insider just gave news that there is an alternate 18 minute long cut. This is David’s version. RCA didn’t think an 18 long video would do well in the age of streaming so they asked Team Con to cut down the video so it’s more streaming friendly. This produced the cut that is currently out and leaked today. This is what started the feud with David/Team Con. He didn’t wanna compromise his work but they had to. It seems they used britney as a scapegoat and said “she didn’t like it” (unless she too didn’t like a trimmed down video?) and this is why we got the hastily put together Randee video/shoot. It didn’t seem to be about Jamie “figuring something out” like we’ve thought for a long time. That reasoning also doesn’t make much sense with the fact stuff is storyboarded/discussed like Steel Magnolia said. A disagreement about cutting down on the video between David/Team Con/RCA seems to be the most likely reason

  • Love 2
  • Like 6
Link to comment
52 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:


Let's not forget the surveillance cameras in the house...another hint that she was constantly being "watched." And I'm sure there are lots of other hints that the video was about the conservatorship, if we were to all go back and watch it again.

Remember, at the time the original MM video was filmed, Jamie was in Nashville with Jamie Lynn...It was Bryan who was by her side in Vegas during this time period. She had much more creative freedom at the beginning of the Glory era.

Videos are planned out to the second prior to filming, including a script, storyboards, and pre-viz if there's going to be any special F/X (e.g. whatever was going to be playing on the television when it was thrown in the pool)...It's highly unlikely she'd suddenly dislike the video once they got to the edit stage.

What about the leaked video from set where she was screaming "I DON'T LIKE IT!!!"?

https://www.facebook.com/bspearstribe/videos/britney-spears-sul-set-di-make-me-ooohi-dont-like-it-i-dont-like-it-*******-assh/1138410819524022/

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Meh, that's nothing. I think she's just referring to that specific shot.

If you watch the cut of the video that was released later on, you can see it's just her and Austin in the backhoe together — no dancers grinding on the top of the backhoe. I'm pretty sure it was the grinding dancers that she was referring to, because they took her advice and re-shot the scene without them.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
26 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

Thank you!!!

 

A previously reliable insider just gave news that there is an alternate 18 minute long cut. This is David’s version. RCA didn’t think an 18 long video would do well in the age of streaming so they asked Team Con to cut down the video so it’s more streaming friendly. This produced the cut that is currently out and leaked today. This is what started the feud with David/Team Con. He didn’t wanna compromise his work but they had to. It seems they used britney as a scapegoat and said “she didn’t like it” (unless she too didn’t like a trimmed down video?) and this is why we got the hastily put together Randee video/shoot. It didn’t seem to be about Jamie “figuring something out” like we’ve thought for a long time. That reasoning also doesn’t make much sense with the fact stuff is storyboarded/discussed like Steel Magnolia said. A disagreement about cutting down on the video between David/Team Con/RCA seems to be the most likely reason

Well, to be fair to Britney, who would like that trimmed down mess that was leaked? It was terrible.

I'm sure the original video had a complete storyline that actually made sense...Hopefully we get to see it one day!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 4/14/2021 at 3:31 PM, Steel Magnolia said:


Let's not forget the surveillance cameras in the house...another hint that she was constantly being "watched." And I'm sure there are lots of other hints that the video was about the conservatorship, if we were to all go back and watch it again.

Remember, at the time the original MM video was filmed, Jamie was in Nashville with Jamie Lynn...It was Bryan who was by her side in Vegas during this time period. She had much more creative freedom at the beginning of the Glory era.

Videos are planned out to the second prior to filming, including a script, storyboards, and pre-viz if there's going to be any special F/X (e.g. whatever was going to be playing on the television when it was thrown in the pool)...It's highly unlikely she'd suddenly dislike the video once they got to the edit stage.

That's what I don't understand either.

I mean did she not watch any of it back after she got done filming  scenes?

Like U said videos are planned out to a T and she knew what it was going to be so why the sudden I don't like it narrative?

It all just seems weird to me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 4/14/2021 at 4:11 PM, studlygeorge said:

Thank you!!!

 

A previously reliable insider just gave news that there is an alternate 18 minute long cut. This is David’s version. RCA didn’t think an 18 long video would do well in the age of streaming so they asked Team Con to cut down the video so it’s more streaming friendly. This produced the cut that is currently out and leaked today. This is what started the feud with David/Team Con. He didn’t wanna compromise his work but they had to. It seems they used britney as a scapegoat and said “she didn’t like it” (unless she too didn’t like a trimmed down video?) and this is why we got the hastily put together Randee video/shoot. It didn’t seem to be about Jamie “figuring something out” like we’ve thought for a long time. That reasoning also doesn’t make much sense with the fact stuff is storyboarded/discussed like Steel Magnolia said. A disagreement about cutting down on the video between David/Team Con/RCA seems to be the most likely reason

 

I definitely think a 18M video could have worked and I think she would have been praised high for it if it was really great too!

They could have done the long one 18m and a shorter version like MJ did with Thriller.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, OCBoy1985 said:

That's what I don't understand either.

I mean did she not watch any of it back after she got done filming  scenes?

Like U said videos are planned out to a T and she knew what it was going to be so why the sudden I don't like it narrative?

It all just seems weird to me.

that's what I think. She had to know the storyline beforehand, she had to rehearse, she had to pick the outfits, she always watches the scenes after they're shot, we've seen it on every behind the scenes clip, even Till the World Ends, as pissed as she was, so I don't think this would be the exception.

They did two days of shooting if I'm not mistaken, only to say, nah, I don't like it? It just didn't work? lol

 

I mean, it's a possibility that maybe she had something in mind while she was filming it, and then when she saw the final thing, it just wasn't what she imagined (despite seeing every single scene after it was done). In the interview she gave for E! News on the set, she seemed very happy and excited about the project, she didn't seem pissed as in TTWE. Or maybe she just changed her mind, maybe when she was shooting it she felt very empowered and confident, and then by the time the video was edited, she was feeling uncomfortable, insecure, and had a "what the hell was I thinking?" moment.

David said this is not his edit, however it seems kinda funny because the cheap video we got, the Randee St. Nicholas one, actually bears some resemblance to the footage from the original that we got. In the original they start at some sort of videoshoot, they're filming something and she takes one of the models home. In the official they're auditioning for a video, and ultimately takes a guy too. Less symbolism and deaths, but there's still half-naked guys and Britney making out with a stranger. So I feel like she really liked that concept there, but then she just didn't like how it looked like in the final edit.

Now, I don't know why they couldn't just use the scenes from what they got, like just the dancing scenes, or something, do some sort of Frankenstein as they did with Perfume. Joseph Kahn says the Perfume video we got wasn't his cut, but implied that he was forced to do as they asked him to. So he did edit that against his will, because he was obligated to comply. Why would David be any different, in the sense of "or you use my version, or you don't use any footage", because they did use the G-Eazy parts. You may think they would've forced him to do a cheap cut taking out everything they didn't like.

Also, didn't he say too that Larry was like telling him this had to be super controversial?

  • Like 1

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Participate on Exhale's Top 100 of 2021

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block