Does anyone remember? ...Ponzi scheme involving Britney?

I've been trying to remember the details of this, so please bear with me...

Does anyone remember an investment scheme — announced shortly after the conservatorship was put in place — where Britney was one of the celebrities who lost money?

A story just landed in my inbox that reminded me of it...But I can't remember enough details to find the investment scheme that Britney lost money through by Googling.

If anyone here knows what I'm referring to...please share!

Bernie Madoff, Ponzi Scheme Mastermind Who Snared Hollywood Elite, Dies in Prison at 82

Apr 14, 2021 7:37am PT

"Bernie Madoff, the disgraced investment advisor who was serving out a 150-year prison sentence for running a Ponzi scheme and committing other financial crimes, died early Wednesday at 82, the Associated Press reported.

Madoff was notorious for leading one of the largest ponzi schemes in history, which targeted scores of wealthy investors and celebrities, including Larry King, Kevin Bacon and John Malkovich. Madoff died at the Federal Medical Center in Butner, N.C., from “natural causes,” a source told the AP.

The Wall Street con man bilked $65 billion from clients and pled guilty to 11 federal felonies in 2009, and was sentenced to 150 years in prison and to pay restitution to victims of $170 billion. The story made him a punchline for Wall Street greed, and was retold in the 2017 HBO film “The Wizard of Lies,” with Robert De Niro playing Madoff. Richard Dreyfuss also played the convicted schemer in the ABC miniseries “Madoff” in 2016."

Link: https://variety.com/2021/biz/news/bernie-madoff-dead-ponzi-scheme-1234951191/

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic