Jump to content

'Bachelor' star Colton Underwood comes out as gay


Recommended Posts

I’m not shocked because the virginity thing was something not right to me. Not saying everyone can’t save it for marriage but something was off about that. Wendy Williams was first to allude about his orientation. Good for him being able to accept himself for who he his. I’m sure when clubs opens in West Hollywood chromatica won’t be the only thing popular there!! 
 

D7wK.gif

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
51 minutes ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

Wasnt he on the bachelor only 2 years ago.. in 2019 I’m sure he knew then ..  idk y he’d go on a national tv show to date women n all that tbh  ..

I don’t wanna be that gurl but idk .. 

 

He may have known it but tried to suppress it because he thought it was unnatural. I came out at 24 and even though I was always attracted to men, I was unsure whether I would ever be accepted by myself, let alone other people. It's an internal struggle that's hard to explain to people who have never gone through it, and I'm sure it was more difficult for him coming from such a religious background where it was probably ingrained in him that those were merely bad thoughts on which he should never act.

Even after I came out, I still dated women for about a year or two because I didn't want to close myself off to anyone or any kind of experience. Granted, I didn't do it on a national platform in front of the world, but I was still figuring myself out and if that's what he needed to do to come to an open and honest place with himself, I can't necessarily fault him for that. He never married any of the women on the show, who like most other contestants are mainly on the show for fame and notoriety rather than love, nor did he have any kids with them. He may still have been attracted to Cassie and in love with her, while at the same time coming to terms with how those feelings conflicted with his thoughts about his ***uality.

  • Love 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, britneyluv said:

He may have known it but tried to suppress it because he thought it was unnatural. I came out at 24 and even though I was always attracted to men, I was unsure whether I would ever be accepted by myself, let alone other people. It's an internal struggle that's hard to explain to people who have never gone through it, and I'm sure it was more difficult for him coming from such a religious background where it was probably ingrained in him that those were merely bad thoughts on which he should never act.

Even after I came out, I still dated women for about a year or two because I didn't want to close myself off to anyone or any kind of experience. Granted, I didn't do it on a national platform in front of the world, but I was still figuring myself out and if that's what he needed to do to come to an open and honest place with himself, I can't necessarily fault him for that. He never married any of the women on the show, who like most other contestants are mainly on the show for fame and notoriety rather than love, nor did he have any kids with them. He may still have been attracted to Cassie and in love with her, while at the same time coming to terms with how those feelings conflicted with his thoughts about his ***uality.

Oh I get it as I’m part of lgbt community myself. But I don’t get going on national tv to then lead the show. Etc when I’m hiding something or know deep down this ain’t it.. but that’s just my personality.  tmz is reporting he has a Netflix coming out documentary.. happy for her but again idk. Not hating just more hmmmmmmmm okay

Link to comment

I was supportive of reading this until I saw another article that he’s going to be doing a new reality show on Netflix about  his coming out process. Good for you for living a truthful and more fulfilling life but you had no problem cashing those bachelor, bachelorette and bachelor in paradise checks knowing full well you prefer the D. And I’m sure he’ll have no problem cashing in from Netflix. 
 

while the rest of us poor Mos had to live off the high we got of being besties with our crazy English teachers before coming out..

High School Teacher GIF

  • Love 1
  • Like 5
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Itscuzim31 said:

I was supportive of reading this until I saw another article that he’s going to be doing a new reality show on Netflix about  his coming out process. Good for you for living a truthful and more fulfilling life but you had no problem cashing those bachelor, bachelorette and bachelor in paradise checks knowing full well you prefer the D. And I’m sure he’ll have no problem cashing in from Netflix. 
 

while the rest of us poor Mos had to live off the high we got of being besties with our crazy English teachers before coming out..

High School Teacher GIF

Exactly. I saw this coming from a mile away. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

Oh I get it as I’m part of lgbt community myself. But I don’t get going on national tv to then lead the show. Etc when I’m hiding something or know deep down this ain’t it.. but that’s just my personality.  tmz is reporting he has a Netflix coming out documentary.. happy for her but again idk. Not hating just more hmmmmmmmm okay

I'm honestly surprised nothing leaked about him being gay. Even if he was hiding/struggling with his s/exuality, I'm almost certain he's fooled around with a dude or two at some point prior to his Bachelor debut. 

Link to comment
9 hours ago, jordeezy said:

Yeah - but announcing that you are gay while you are single - IDK. I think it's premature unless his intention is to let everyone know his DM's are open. IDK. If yall like it then go on ahead with it, but I think its opportunistic. 

Hunny you don't need to be single to know that you're gay...

Also one does not need to be in a relationship period.

 

With all the stigmas associated with being gay, and him even being raised to hate that, I really don't get how you'd even have the gall to say it's opportunistic...

  • Love 1
  • Like 3
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block