'Bachelor' star Colton Underwood comes out as gay

2 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I'm just saying - I would respect him more if he came forward with partner and announced it that way.

He's single, he had to take a battle. 

Let him his fun, he just came out..

And in today's world is monogamy a thing in the gay world with open relationships and marriages. 

That's how gay relationships work successful today. 

2 minutes ago, Intheblue said:

Its harder for many people to come out when they are single. I don’t get this comment. 

How so? I dont get that. I think actually showing that you have FALLEN in love with a man is the only way to prove you are a gay man. You can announce and thirst-trap all you want but that doesn't prove you are in, or will fall in, love with someone of the same gender. 

4 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

How so? I dont get that. I think actually showing that you gave FALLEN in love with a man is the only way to prove you are a gay man. You can announce and thirst-trap all you want but that doesn't prove you are in, or will fall in, love with someone of the same gender. 

If you’re single, you don’t have the support of a loving partner. So yes I personally think coming out when you can hold on to the hand of someone who loves you for who you are makes it easier.

Also prove they’re gay? 

• Like 3
Just now, Intheblue said:

If you’re single, you don’t have the support of a loving partner. So yes I personally think coming out when you can hold on to the hand of someone who loves you for who you are makes it easier when you know you made receive a negative reaction. 

Yeah - but announcing that you are gay while you are single - IDK. I think it's premature unless his intention is to let everyone know his DM's are open. IDK. If yall like it then go on ahead with it, but I think its opportunistic. 

This is a sad story with a happy ending.

Underwood said he went through a "dark and bad" time before feeling like he could reveal this about himself and his "wake up call" was feeling like he "would've rather died" than say he's gay.

When he was named the Bachelor, Underwood said he remembered "praying to God" the morning he found out and "thanking him for making me straight,' thinking this would lead to him finally getting the wife and them having kids.

Having grown up in the Catholic church, he remembered he "learned in the Bible that gay is a sin" in Catholic grade school. And during his time in sports, he remembered people using the word "gay" as a term that held "a connotation of negativity."

Another victim of religion. I'm glad he's finally getting to live his truth and be his authentic self.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

This explains his freak outs with the fantasy room, and to say growing up catholic I was taught to hate who I was. 

@Hooked-On-Knee hello even he said religion taught him to hate himself. 

I don't get if these are positive mentions or ones trying to drag me but like, all the actual Christian texts don't ever directly condemn *******uality. It's the unfortunate hatred that comes from people who spread misinterpreted verses without any knowledge of what they mean. 

2 hours ago, jordeezy said:

Why announce this, though? Oh, yeah! He wants that "influencer" role. 

Huh? Why is him telling the world who is considered to be opportunistic? With him going on a show focused on him dating women, it makes sense why he'd want people to know who he actually is and stop feeling like he's hiding it by putting it out in the world. 

I don't know understand why coming out without a partner is just thirst trapping in your opinion.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block