What are they waiting for to release an unreleased compilatation album ?

Louis-j

42 minutes ago, Hungry Hun said:

Britney has contracts to fullfil with RCA. Glory was re-released in 2020 for a reason, there was a rumor they asked her to record a Christimas album and she refused. If Britney doesnt go the studio this year they will for sure find another way to release music without her like a B In The Mix Vol. 3 or some EPs with rejected songs. 

I don't see how a rerelease counts towards a contract? I thought it was just new studio albums. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

Re-releases & compilation/remix records usually count as a release in most record contracts unless stated otherwise

Oh okay, I didn't know that. I knew compilations did but for some reason I thought remix albums and rereleases were ruled out.

2 hours ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

If it’s gonna happen they all need to be new & unreleased. We have the Bsides on HQ physical formats already so there’s no need to waste space with them. In a perfect world they would include all new material, but even remastered mixes of tracks that have leaked would still be 10x better than the bsides. (Don’t get me wrong I love the bsides too, I’m hoping they do a new physical release of Circus with all the international tracks included and vinyls with the bonus tracks as soon as Britney’s free)

It’s more likely we would get a compilation of rare and unreleased. I can’t see them doing just unreleased especially since if they did a mix it would count as both a compilation and studio album for her contract. 

In a perfect world (for me at least) it would look something like this. 

Britney Spears 

Hidden Gems: Rare & Unreleased 

Disc 1: Rare 

1. I’m So Curious 

2. Walk On By

3. The Joy Of Pepsi 

4. Right Now (Taste The Victory)

5. Girls And Boys

6. Over To You Now 

7. Chaotic 

8. Mona Lisa 

9. Trouble 

Disc 2: Unreleased 

10. Red Is The Color 

11. Whiplash 

12. Glory leftover (used as promo track)

13. Wonderland 

14. Let Me Take You There

15. She’ll Never Be Me 

16. Ouch 

17. Grow 

18. Downtown 

19. Strangest Love

13 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

It’s more likely we would get a compilation of rare and unreleased. I can’t see them doing just unreleased especially since if they did a mix it would count as both a compilation and studio album for her contract. 

In a perfect world (for me at least) it would look something like this. 

Britney Spears 

Hidden Gems: Rare & Unreleased 

Disc 1: Rare 

1. I’m So Curious 

2. Walk On By

3. The Joy Of Pepsi 

4. Right Now (Taste The Victory)

5. Girls And Boys

6. Over To You Now 

7. Chaotic 

8. Mona Lisa 

9. Trouble 

Disc 2: Unreleased 

10. Red Is The Color 

11. Whiplash 

12. Glory leftover (used as promo track)

13. Wonderland 

14. Let Me Take You There

15. She’ll Never Be Me 

16. Ouch 

17. Grow 

18. Downtown 

19. Strangest Love

No offense, but this would be an absolutely awful tracklist, I’m pretty sure the bulk of the fanbase would be livid if that’s what we ended up getting. “Chaotic” is the title track to an entire EP physically available & digitally available worldwide.. “I’m So Curious” is on the “Sometimes” CD & Singles box set, “Mona Lisa” was on the Curious CD,  the Singles Collection set, & the Chaotic EP that’s already on all streaming services... it would be the biggest let down next to Myah Jean mostly because the tracks are far from “rare”.(+ two Pepsi tracks hogging 2 spots on the tracklist when we already have them in stellar quality would be the defnition of a waste of space) I could vibe with “Trouble”, (it’s never been physically released & casual fans would hopefully remember it from For the Record)” She’ll Never Be Me” (just for the lossless track, I’d honestly expect it if the release was from Team Con. With all the Justin references on “her” Instagram I’m sure they’d love to pay him a piece of her publishing almost a decade after the breakup just to be weird), “Ouch”, (the thought of a fully mastered mix makes my sugarfall) & “Grow”. (I know someone who worked on the track & can confirm Britney basically wrote it all by herself & cherishes this song deeply. There’s zero autotune on it & it’s one of her best vocals ever. The same girl who wrote “State of Grace” with Steve helped B write the lyrics & recorded her vocals. Steve has writing credit, but he just worked on the production & mastering he wasn’t with the girls when they wrote it. I’d definitely include “State of Grace” as well) “Whiplash” is cool, but it isn’t as good as you think it is, Britney never recorded “Red is the Color”.. lots of mis-information has gotten around by scammers who claimed to have it (I also believed it was actually circulating back in 2011), but I can confirm it doesn’t exist. “Shock Your Mind”(I don’t think anyone on this planet has it except for the people who created, Britney & the label), “Who Can She Trust”(the holy grail imo) “Bring Me Home” (it would be a really gorgeous interlude, Britney really loved the song), “Pleasure You” (the original master before Don destroyed it), & “Stay”(a super dope track from the “Touch of My Hand” sessions. Britney wrote it & it’s a more straight forward pop variation of Madonna’s sound during the “Ray of Light” era) would all be amazing additions the fans actually deserve & would greatly appreciate. 

22 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

If her hiatus continues for awhile longer , I think RCA will do an album like Mariah’s Rarities featuring rare and unreleased songs from throughout her career. It allows her to not work so she gets her way there and it will satisfy some of her contractual obligations. I’m pretty sure she still owes them 2 more albums and there’s probably a period of time she’s suppose to have them released by. If they do one I hope it’s done well, like 2 discs one of maybe 10 rare songs and one of 10 unreleased songs. 

It’ll be really basic songs let’s be real

Cinderella

Autumn Goodye

Swinjing in T S

Matches 

So Free with You

Scary

Someday

Rockstar

Sippin On

Beat Goes On

Everybody

S&M

Slumber Party

Amnesia

Rock Boy

For My Sister

Don’t keep me waiting

bookmark me 

37 minutes ago, Pinky98 said:

It’ll be really basic songs let’s be real

Cinderella

Autumn Goodye

Swinjing in T S

Matches 

So Free with You

Scary

Someday

Rockstar

Sippin On

Beat Goes On

Everybody

S&M

Slumber Party

Amnesia

Rock Boy

For My Sister

Don’t keep me waiting

bookmark me 

Id buy it just for Amnesia tbh

On 4/15/2021 at 9:35 AM, RedBloodedWoman said:

No offense, but this would be an absolutely awful tracklist, I’m pretty sure the bulk of the fanbase would be livid if that’s what we ended up getting. “Chaotic” is the title track to an entire EP physically available & digitally available worldwide.. “I’m So Curious” is on the “Sometimes” CD & Singles box set, “Mona Lisa” was on the Curious CD,  the Singles Collection set, & the Chaotic EP that’s already on all streaming services... it would be the biggest let down next to Myah Jean mostly because the tracks are far from “rare”.(+ two Pepsi tracks hogging 2 spots on the tracklist when we already have them in stellar quality would be the defnition of a waste of space) I could vibe with “Trouble”, (it’s never been physically released & casual fans would hopefully remember it from For the Record)” She’ll Never Be Me” (just for the lossless track, I’d honestly expect it if the release was from Team Con. With all the Justin references on “her” Instagram I’m sure they’d love to pay him a piece of her publishing almost a decade after the breakup just to be weird), “Ouch”, (the thought of a fully mastered mix makes my sugarfall) & “Grow”. (I know someone who worked on the track & can confirm Britney basically wrote it all by herself & cherishes this song deeply. There’s zero autotune on it & it’s one of her best vocals ever. The same girl who wrote “State of Grace” with Steve helped B write the lyrics & recorded her vocals. Steve has writing credit, but he just worked on the production & mastering he wasn’t with the girls when they wrote it. I’d definitely include “State of Grace” as well) “Whiplash” is cool, but it isn’t as good as you think it is, Britney never recorded “Red is the Color”.. lots of mis-information has gotten around by scammers who claimed to have it (I also believed it was actually circulating back in 2011), but I can confirm it doesn’t exist. “Shock Your Mind”(I don’t think anyone on this planet has it except for the people who created, Britney & the label), “Who Can She Trust”(the holy grail imo) “Bring Me Home” (it would be a really gorgeous interlude, Britney really loved the song), “Pleasure You” (the original master before Don destroyed it), & “Stay”(a super dope track from the “Touch of My Hand” sessions. Britney wrote it & it’s a more straight forward pop variation of Madonna’s sound during the “Ray of Light” era) would all be amazing additions the fans actually deserve & would greatly appreciate. 

Well for the rare I was focusing on tracks not released on her albums because to casual and non fans those are rare tracks, plus Mariah included b-sides from her singles on her rare/unreleased album. I did forget Rock Boy and Intimidated oops lol I guess they could replace Chaotic and Mona Lisa. I stand by my choice for the Pepsi songs though cause I’m sure casual fans would be interested in them and I’ve seen other rarity collections that include commercial jingles. I didn’t include Who Can She Trust in the unreleased tracks because do you honestly think her label would release a track like that during the conservatorship drama, I don’t care if Justin co-wrote She’ll Never Be Me or not it’s a great track, and I’m pretty sure Heather Bright who co-wrote Red Is The Color confirmed Britney did in fact record the song.  

Archived