Taylor Swift hints at 1989 (Taylor's Version) on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

• Super Mods
18 minutes ago, Xfactor Sam said:

Im tired of hearing about these (Taylors versions) things.

Gosh Im tired of her

Maybe it’s time you go to bed then! :taylor_swift_evil_smile: :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

Spoiler

Full disclosure, I’m not her biggest fan either (kinda fell out once Reputation was released)... but these new re-recorded versions of her older material is giving me life! :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Popcornie said:

Inn what world is reputation bigger than Fearless and Red??? Fearless sold so much and had 2 mega hit singles. Red sold more than reputation and also over a million first week, and had 3 big singles. reputation did sell well and had a huge lead single but I dont think overall the album surpasses the success of red and fearless. Cant wait for RED

No.

8 hours ago, SlayOut said:

Maybe it’s time you go to bed then! :taylor_swift_evil_smile: :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

Hide contents

Full disclosure, I’m not her biggest fan either (kinda fell out once Reputation was released)... but these new re-recorded versions of her older material is giving me life! :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

I went to bed right away haha. And good for you. Enjoy. Curious. Are the (Taylor versions) of the songs sounding different? Like can you tell theres major changes?  

41 minutes ago, Xfactor Sam said:

I went to bed right away haha. And good for you. Enjoy. Curious. Are the (Taylor versions) of the songs sounding different? Like can you tell theres major changes?  

You know damn well it is not about songs sounding different. This is about power abuse and it is a great message for artists all around the world famous or not to whom labels have made shady contracts.

+ 6 new songs so there's that :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Like 2
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, Xfactor Sam said:

The instrumentation sounds the same to me, but her voice sounds more mature/refined now!

• Like 1
On 4/14/2021 at 5:52 PM, SlayOut said:

maybe it means she’s going to re-tour her re-recorded albums once it’s safe to do so! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Fearless Tour (Taylor’s Version) and the 1989 World Tour (Taylor’s Version) incoming! :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye:

I think she won't do it but maybe like a Taylor's Tour to sum up her whole career and releases that as a DVD.

She won't re-record the videos either. Sadly we have to stream her old songs when we want to see her videos.

21 hours ago, Popcornie said:

Inn what world is reputation bigger than Fearless and Red??? Fearless sold so much and had 2 mega hit singles. Red sold more than reputation and also over a million first week, and had 3 big singles. reputation did sell well and had a huge lead single but I dont think overall the album surpasses the success of red and fearless. Cant wait for RED

On streaming it is bigger but we will see when Fearless and Red surpass it. Maybe Reputation wins in the end when the re-recording is out too.

What irks me is that Stephen Colbert says "it's so great to see a female artist taking a powerful stand against the greedy men who wronged her;" but Taylor isn't the first one to do this.  JoJo did this with her first two albums in 2018 long before Taylor announced she'd be re-recording her albums.  JoJo was a large news story when her bull**** contract kept her from releasing music for almost 10 years.

It's classic industry for a smaller artist (who has a better voice than Taylor) to do something iconic and not get props for it; but when a bigger artist like Taylor does the exact same thing, they're game changers.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block