Taylor Swift hints at 1989 (Taylor's Version) on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert

1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

Her biggest eras are 1989 and Reputation. Fearless comes pretty close, but it was just like her head-starter.

I think I meant awards kinda thing, reputation was ignored by the Grammys cos they didn't like she played the way the media wrote her and they hated that. 

The whole video of look what you made me do shades every hater of her at the final scene. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, ExXL said:

W†F does she mean Taylors version ? It wasn't her singing on the original records ?? Mayah Marie ur one sneaky girl hunny :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Waiting for Britney Jean , Britney's Version :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

When Taylor says "Taylor's Version", it refers to a version of the album that she owns in its entirity, as opposed to the original version that is now owned partly by Scooter Braun, or atleast, he gains from them.

She wrote and sang all the songs but due to the sale of her masters, someone else owns them.

"Taylor's Version" allows her, due to her being a songwriter on the track, to reclaim her life's work.

Does that clear things up?

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Paolo94 said:

Where is the hint? I wanna know without watching a 9-minute video :embarrassney_embarrassed_shame_guilt_hide_britney_karaoke_head_shake_no_smh: sorry

There is a seagull on the mood board. She also mentions the year she was born, 1989, in the interview.  There is also a bunch of theories about smaller things like there is Legolas which could be a reference to Out of the Woods. Some theories are a stretch but I do think she is hinting with a lot of things that 1989 is next.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Taylor swift has a guardian angel, the current owners told Scooter, please kindly discontinue your product, as you don't own them. 

@ChromaticaGlory

@Invitation original red Is discontinued as well. 

Hmm they still have loads of physical copies of the Platinum Edition on Amazon UK as well as other CDs. So we’ll see, maybe they’re just out of stock as some fans want to obtain physicals of the originals before they become ‘rare’.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

There is a seagull on the mood board. She also mentions the year she was born, 1989, in the interview.  There is also a bunch of theories about smaller things like there is Legolas which could be a reference to Out of the Woods. Some theories are a stretch but I do think she is hinting with a lot of things that 1989 is next.

Thank you so much! :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

When Taylor says "Taylor's Version", it refers to a version of the album that she owns in its entirity, as opposed to the original version that is now owned partly by Scooter Braun, or atleast, he gains from them.

She wrote and sang all the songs but due to the sale of her masters, someone else owns them.

"Taylor's Version" allows her, due to her being a songwriter on the track, to reclaim her life's work.

Does that clear things up?

Cool, good for her then she needs them coins Pay Day Money GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block