Reading the fame thank yous, and ironically outside Michael Jackson, every other idol she mentioned hated her.

Spicechinodiva

In The fame, gaga Thanked Madonna, Michael Jackson , Prince, david Bowie, and Freddy Mercury. 

3 out of 4 hated her. I have no idea if Freddy would embrace her. 

Michael got her and understood she was a little bit of everyone, and wanted her to open for his This is it tour. 

Madonna initially said nice things, saw the similarities and felt her impact. But The whole express yourself born thus way media feud ignited her to start hating, and some people noticed Gaga barely recovered from having her biggest female influence who initially championed her to basically reject her cos of the comparisons and Madonna hated it. 

Madonna even said Dr4ss like Britney spears, think like me when it came to Britney comparisons. But she championed Both Britney and Kylie minogue, so I feel she didn't think she needed gaga when she had two girls covering markets and gays anyway. 

Prince he was very hella shady. When asked about gaga, 

"Different strokes for different folks" and if that didn't sting. 

"The thing I do is make music" that had to hurt from a self taught prodigy to denounce a fellow musician. 

And David Bowie which according to his son in an infamous interview was not a fan of her at all. 

So a lot of her pop idols never cared for her at all. In one way she was already denied by a lot of her influences. 

@ChromaticaGlory

@Jordan Miller

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand why Madonna and Bowie shaded Gaga since Gaga blatantly ripped off their looks (although Madonna and Gaga are apparently friendly now), but I never understood why Prince said that "different strokes" line implying that he didn't like Gaga. I mean he was apparently on good terms with Bruno Mars of all people, and just look at the state of that:spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

43 minutes ago, Stefani said:

I can understand why Madonna and Bowie shaded Gaga since Gaga blatantly ripped off their looks (although Madonna and Gaga are apparently friendly now), but I never understood why Prince said that "different strokes" line implying that he didn't like Gaga. I mean he was apparently on good terms with Bruno Mars of all people, and just look at the state of that:spit_lmao_spitting_spraying_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_jlaw_jennifer_lawrence:

He was hella shady of Janet Jackson, but praised Michael. 

YouTube prince shades Janet Jackson during a performance of what have you done for me lately? Screaming who wrote it. 

Even in a prince group many believe Janet's success was due to Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis which was connected to Prince, as they didn't believe she was that talented at all. 

@Hooked-On-Knee

@Blackout2006 the irony when a prince group feels Janet's success was due to the producers and not actually herself. 

I kinda see it she worked with other people to escape it, and the results wasn't the same reception.  

I think Janet's sound is Jimmy and Terry but not because what prince fans believe, but they know her on a personal level. As a person not just an artist. 

21 minutes ago, ChromaticaGlory said:

Honestly, it's sad how her role models didn't even have her back. I'd be devastated if the same things happened with me. I'm glad she, and Madonna have made up though. Now if they could only collaborate together :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: And preferably on Babylon (Haus Labs Version)

I was so scared, the whole Vogue comparisons of The released version, I think they were smart not releasing it as a single. Knowing the whole born this way, was best to avoid again. 

But if only the fans could drop it, it's hard to like both secretly..

It's still pick one or the other. 

2 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I was so scared, the whole Vogue comparisons of The released version, I think they were smart not releasing it as a single. Knowing the whole born this way, was best to avoid again. 

But if only the fans could drop it, it's hard to like both secretly..

It's still pick one or the other. 

To be honest, I don't care if I get hated on for liking both. I'm gonna continue to love them regardless of the stan wars :ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh:

19 minutes ago, ChromaticaGlory said:

To be honest, I don't care if I get hated on for liking both. I'm gonna continue to love them regardless of the stan wars :ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh:

Both went thru so much and stood for us when nobody did and both are banned from Russia cos they're stance on gay rights and censorship..

IIRC, there was a thread on Reddit about how all of Britney Spears’ idols loved her back (Michael performed with her; Madonna performed, did a song with and praised her (and still does today); Mariah says she loves Britney; Shania Twain says she loves Britney and sings along to her songs; Janet says having Britney being an artist inspired by her is flattering and praised her for her being a role model to young children) while Gaga’s idols all hated her. 

34 minutes ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

IIRC, there was a thread on Reddit about how all of Britney Spears’ idols loved her back (Michael performed with her; Madonna performed, did a song with and praised her (and still does today); Mariah says she loves Britney; Shania Twain says she loves Britney and sings along to her songs; Janet says having Britney being an artist inspired by her is flattering and praised her for her being a role model to young children) while Gaga’s idols all hated her. 

I think with a few, it was the case of this little 90s film called single white female, and most Madonna fans said watch that film and you will understand why M feels the way she feels. 

And even kylie minogue idols loved her as well. 

Archived