THIS DAY IN POP: 'Irresistible' by Queen Jessica Simpson is released 20 years ago!

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, Rick101 said:

Omg!!!!!!! SUCCESSIA DAY!!!! :praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes: this album is legit so wonderfully nostalgic and fun. I’m going to listen to it in full for the first time today! 🤍🤍🌸🌺🌺🌺 

And to think of all she’s endured. I used to laugh at her and I know she’s also in on it, but the way she has succeeded in life and has managed to find compassion for herself in the process. Really hits me. I’m considering buying Open Book, is it worth it? 🤍 happy anniversary Jessica!!!

Yeah its a really good book and shows all the feelings and struggles she had in her life

• Love 1
1 minute ago, princessmimi said:

True. 

It just proved more that she was forced to be like Britney.

It must've been embarassing to dance so badly in your own music video.

I know I'd be

It's sad because she truly just wanted to sing but Tommy made her become this teen pop idol that was a copy of Britney and Christina 

In the ''In this skin'' album, she got more creative control tho which was great because you saw a more toned down version of her 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, princessmimi said:

Wow so its been 20 YEARS since Jessica turned to a Britney 2.0??

Thats crazy!

DONT get me wrong I love the song however the video is SO cringey cause its obvious she's copying Britney's Stronger video/look

and just the bad dancing overall

Umm is this supposed to be shade or praise? :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad: 
Also her dancing isn’t all that bad, she had the body for it and I think she actually did well during the live performances, particularly the MuchMusic performance.

Not to mention, Irresistible is way more listenable than Stronger imo and the video aged far better too. Stronger’s CGI and parts of the chair choreo were an absolute mess.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Umm is this supposed to be shade or praise? :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad: 
Also her dancing isn’t all that bad, she had the body for it and I think she actually did well during the live performances, particularly the MuchMusic performance.

Not to mention, Irresistible is way more listenable than Stronger imo and the video aged far better too. Stronger’s CGI and parts of the chair choreo were an absolute mess.

omg yes she slayed the much music performance!!

i think some parts in the video were edited weird especially that scene on the roof so it makes her dancing looks awkward :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
33 minutes ago, Thelegendarybritney said:

It's sad because she truly just wanted to sing but Tommy made her become this teen pop idol that was a copy of Britney and Christina 

In the ''In this skin'' album, she got more creative control tho which was great because you saw a more toned down version of her 

Yeah I read in her book that she wanted to be a ballad singer like Mariah but instead was forced to be a teenybopper popstar

cause she was young and blonde like Britney and Christina.

I love that album.

Angels, With You, Sweetest Sin and I Have Loved You are my faves on it.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
11 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

I dont hate Jessica or the song but the video,

you gotta admit is similar to Britney.

Jessica even said herself that she was forced by her label to be like Britney 

even though she didnt want to.

Both songs are great though.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Thelegendarybritney said:

omg yes she slayed the much music performance!!

i think some parts in the video were edited weird especially that scene on the roof so it makes her dancing looks awkward :orangu_orangutan_ape:

I think she got more comfortable doing the choreo over time. It wasn’t as polished during the MV itself, particularly the rooftop scene. But yes she SLAYED that performance. :matches:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block