Slumber Party music video is amazing

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

This music video is for sure one of her best, it's amazing.

Oh sweetie, that's a stretch. It's decent but not spectacular or ground breaking.

3 hours ago, So Annoying said:

It's a bit boring. I wish the song was without Tinashe. The video makes me think of the one for Boys.

Same, Tinashe was unnecessary although I love her. 
Makes me think of Boys too and My Prerogative. 

In my opinion, it's one of her most boring videos ever (not as bad as ...Make Me by Randee, though). :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Beyond Britney's too-straight-hair in some scenes and the 'fun stuff', which are too evident, what really ruins it for me is Tinashe. Sorry, I know there are many fans of her here, but I personally think someone like Britney Spears is supposed to work with very popular names, mostly because her collaborations are only about marketing (e.g. Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, Mariah Carey, Justin Bieber or Madonna would have been perfect). :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

Conversely to Tinashe, at least G-Eazy had a worldwide hit before Make Me, and he added something to both the song itself and original music video  (everyone hates the scene with him, the POV scene, but I LOVE how raunchy but still artistic, in a 'LaChapelle way', it is).
 8CuPeq.gif

1 hour ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

The video was edited nice but the production was kinda cheap. I wasn’t a fan of the outfits either. Don’t get me started on the messy bun. Like the good sis really couldn’t have added in some extensions. :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow:

Messy bun!!? How you dare!!!! 
it’s classic Britney :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack: she look hot hot hot 

1 hour ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

The video was edited nice but the production was kinda cheap. I wasn’t a fan of the outfits either. Don’t get me started on the messy bun. Like the good sis really couldn’t have added in some extensions. :deadbanana_pbj_peanut_butter_jelly_time_yellow:

Messy bun!!? How you dare!!!! 
it’s classic Britney :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack: she look hot hot hot 

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

it was great, sadly the song wasn't that much, and the horrible way they released it (by just replacing the album track with the new one, instead of releasing it as an actual single) didn't help at all.

To think there was a time when this video was the #1 on YouTube, above Shakira's Chantaje, still makes me laugh :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

That release was done so awkwardly almost like her team was sabotaging it

like I remember the video came out on like a Wednesday :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

And everyone was saying Britney was back and the video was #1

and then by Friday shakira stole all of that attention haha:crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

21 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

That release was done so awkwardly almost like her team was sabotaging it

like I remember the video came out on like a Wednesday :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

And everyone was saying Britney was back and the video was #1

and then by Friday shakira stole all of that attention haha:crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad:

I think the record label just was done with Glory by that point. 

I remember that executive saying first there were so many potential singles on the album, yet they did it all wrong with MM. When radio stations were refusing to play it, their solution was to send the Me, Myself and I remix from the VMA's, and the radio was just like :slowdown_down_cardib_b_cardi_um_fast_confused_what_stare:  So instead of releasing an actual new single after that, they just waited forever to "release" Slumber Party and they were done.

As I've said,  if there was a case of Britney refusing to release more singles, or her team not wanting to release them, the record label could've released more singles on their own, send them to radio, test what other track might work but nope, they just gave up on the entire thing. 

Archived