Gaga tweets about ARTPOP, and acknowledges ARTPOP Volume II petition, DJ White Shadow says he hasn't spoken with Gaga about it yet

Ok, I like art pop, some songs from it I love, some are ok, and a couple are awful. But I don’t get why fans always want a “part 2”. Im all for Gaga making more dance songs, but I feel like when ppl try to recreate something... unless it’s done right away, like folklore and evermore were, it just doesn’t work. If there’s lots of unreleased songs she can put out as like a bonus or something, I’m for that too. But trying to remake an album, from a dark time in her life... from almost 10 years ago now? 

this reminds me of how Britney fans always say they want blackout part 2. Do you know how many times team con has tried to recreate blackout? 

• Like 1
19 hours ago, femmepop said:

ugh I feel the same, it is super egotistical to say that. Like she's so elevated artistically that she was over our heads the whole time. But that's Gaga for you..

ARTPOP wasn't ahead of it's time it was just doing it's own thing. it was fearless and wacky as hell which is why I loved it.

I feel the exact same way

• Love 1
22 hours ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

Okay so i will repeat myself in other words then :squint_meme_sunglasses_pink_stare_squint:. Glad your blood pressure is normal :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:.

1: I respect ***ual preferences and to each their own and there is nothing wrong with being a bottom. But metaphorically speaking power is usually not related to being a bottom in a ***ual situation or any situation really, at least generally speaking. Hence the controlling part is not the bottom part, hence she is not in control. And the reason i question this, is because Gaga publicly is all about equality, female empowerment etc. Therefore i think the meaning behind this song clashes with her other personal opinions. Everytime somebody is under somebody else they are not on top meaning they are not in charge. And that is metaphorically speaking or just per definition textually really. So nothing wrong with actual ***ual bottom but metaphorically and textually being under someone else does not equal empowerment. 

2: When she says "pop culture was in art, now art's in pop culture and me". Using the word now refers to the fact that art is in pop culture now, hence it was not before the now. Does that make sense to you :wonka_meme_hat_purple:?

3: I get what you are saying with the selfishness and recognition part being contradictory. And to some extent sure it is lovely to be recognized by others for being you. However i think one should do what one finds best and then hopefully somebody will like you. Thirsting for recognition can lead you to act on false premises and wanting everybody to love you is nurturing your own ego, and ego is selfish. That's a mouthful for you and i dont expect us to agree cuz obviously you are Gagamaniac and i am Gagacritique so... but that is some of my reflections :firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning:.

Hope you have been answered lotr GIF by O&O, Inc

Gosh, I love that sarcastic and passive aggressive tone of your reply. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I'll make it simple. I do get some of your points, although I do not agree. Some of the points you raised make sense. Yet, there are some that are complete rubbish to me. So I'll go with my better opinion. In other words, my opinion (to me) is better, makes more sense, I am more right or whatever. 

As for that Successful pop, why on Earth would I even think about some else's pop than mine. Why would I even included others in my project? Does it make sense? Her saying artpop is for her catalogue only (imo). So that's it.

Gagamaniac and Gagacritique :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: You really are hilarious. 

On 4/13/2021 at 8:55 PM, femmepop said:

Honestly, ARTPOP is my fave Gaga Album/Era! 

I love how crazy and unhinged it all was and the album was the most fun music she's ever done (in my opinion, maybe I'm a flop and a bit unhinged myself)

I know most people can't hang with that record but I love how messy and abrasive it all is.

G.U.Y., VENUS, S-E-X DREAMS, ARTPOP, SWINE,. DONATELLA, MARY JANE HOLLAND! 

plus she gave us this moment: :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:

Tea. I think I still prefer The Fame and Born This Way, but ARTPOP is probably my third favorite album of hers. No other pop girlie could make an ARTPOP of their own, and that's what makes it so awesome. :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

• Love 1

I mean, she didn't exactly lie about Artpop being ahead of its time. Some of the songs on it were arguably ahead of the curve, like Jewels n' ***** which was trap-inspired before trap became prominent in mainstream music. Also a ton of artists collaborated with Zedd in the years that followed Artpop including Ariana, Katy and Kesha despite Zedd being relatively unknown before Artpop; he'd only collaborated with z-listers like Foxes, Hayley and Ellie before working with Gaga.

1 hour ago, Groundbreaking said:

Gosh, I love that sarcastic and passive aggressive tone of your reply. :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I'll make it simple. I do get some of your points, although I do not agree. Some of the points you raised make sense. Yet, there are some that are complete rubbish to me. So I'll go with my better opinion. In other words, my opinion (to me) is better, makes more sense, I am more right or whatever. 

As for that Successful pop, why on Earth would I even think about some else's pop than mine. Why would I even included others in my project? Does it make sense? Her saying artpop is for her catalogue only (imo). So that's it.

Gagamaniac and Gagacritique :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: You really are hilarious. 

Thanks 🙏 I’m trying to not be too dry because then I will bore myself out and the sarcasm is just for fun 🥳.

Honestly GUY is a bop :carpoolney_dance_karaoke_glory_sunglasses_party_raise_roof:

This part is genius intonation wise, not lyrically:

“I'm gonna wear the towel, the power to leave you
I'm aiming for full control of this love (of this love”

Second best part which ranks far below but is still good is: 

“I don't need to be on top
To know what it does, I'm strong enough to know the truth
I just want it to be hot
Because I'm best when I'm In love, and i'm in love with you”

Don’t get what truth she is talking about tho. I like how she mentions Mars later on as well lol. 

On 4/14/2021 at 4:16 AM, ChromaticaGlory said:

This thread really took a turn for the worst, huh? :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: We get that some of you don't like Gaga, but can't you just tone it down a little, and cut the woman some slack? She's been through a lot over the last several years, and making fun of her issues isn't cute. It's rude, and arrogant, and it makes you look like a clown :clownery_makeup_meme:

Exactly! Did you see my comment on the previous page? These people be disgusting 

• 1 month later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block