Gaga tweets about ARTPOP, and acknowledges ARTPOP Volume II petition, DJ White Shadow says he hasn't spoken with Gaga about it yet

7 hours ago, ChromaticaGlory said:

Lady-Gaga-Visor-008.jpg.694ca1e8c90898ff19c959549388f051.jpgA petition for Gaga to release an ARTPOP volume II made waves. It even caught the attention of Gaga herself, who has low-key distanced herself from the album over the years.

Wow. Little Monsters went OFF on this campaign :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

Ive never heard ARTPOP in full so I’ll stream it today! :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, ChromaticaGlory said:

Update: DJ White Shadow made another post on IG about ARTPOP: Act II. He, and Gaga made a plan to talk about it after she gets back from Italy, and discuss their wishes. No promises are being made at the moment, but who knows? Our wish might just come true :)

:yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad::shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

• Love 1

It’s a clever move of hers to distance herself from the album imo. Because:

1: Applause 👏 is about egotism, selfishness and living for other people’s recognition of you. Not healthy messages imo. It’s the me me me generation’s anthem really while begging others to adore you.

2: Do What You Want is about letting another person take full control of your body and with R Kelly as a feature the message is simply disastrous and yall know 🥸.

3: GUY is about submission, being under somebody else and wanting to be under somebody else. Given it’s a man and we as women are supposed to love to be under him in this song, it is poetically not a message of equality and female empowerment. Thus not something to strive for imo. It’s one of her lowest charting songs as well. I do like some bits of it tho :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:.

Sorry to burst your admiration bubble with my criticism but it’s a driving force of mine to spill my 🫖 on pretentious ideals.

28 minutes ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

1: Applause 👏 is about egotism, selfishness and living for other people’s recognition of you. Not healthy messages imo. It’s the me me me generation’s anthem really while begging others to adore you.

2: Do What You Want is about letting another person take full control of your body and with R Kelly as a feature the message is simply disastrous and yall know 🥸.

3: GUY is about submission, being under somebody else and wanting to be under somebody else. Given it’s a man and we as women are supposed to love to be under him in this song, it is poetically not a message of equality and female empowerment. Thus not something to strive for imo. It’s one of her lowest charting songs as well. I do like some bits of it tho :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:.

Sorry to burst your admiration bubble with my criticism but it’s a driving force of mine to spill my 🫖 on pretentious ideals.

I never really payed too much attention to applause sadly 

I never understood why she collaborated with r Kelly, during the time of dr luke and all that. Came really off brand and painted her as a fake (don’t even get me started on the last year or so with all the paid advertisements...)

but I think you’re wrong about guy. I think the song is the opposite of what you mentioned. I think it’s about a woman who is submissive but takes charge like a man... basically owning her body and ***uality in whichever way she pleases. I think it’s interesting that guy stands for girl under you... basically going back to my point 

I like art pop. It’s not my fave gaga album but it’s got its gems. 

id be interested to hear a volume II. I read not too long ago that they recorded a lotttttt of content that was left on the cutting room floor

• Love 1
  • Like 1
56 minutes ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

To be honest, here are what the messages of the song are like because you seem to have a one-sided view of those songs.

1. Applause is a song about loving how much her fans adore her, and about how all she wants to do is entertain her fans, and make them happy.

2. Do What U Want is indeed a ***ual song, and shouldn't have had R. Kelly on it in the first place. However, the song is also striking back at the media for criticizing her every move. They could take everything they wanted to away from her, but they couldn't take away her mind, or own her life because she wanted to control the narrative of it for a change.

3. As for G.U.Y., it's more than just a song about submitting to someone. It's about being confident in yourself, in what you do, and living in your truth of things.

You might be biased, and I might be too, but the song meanings don't lie, honey. :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
45 minutes ago, Itfeelskindagood said:

but I think you’re wrong about guy. I think the song is the opposite of what you mentioned. I think it’s about a woman who is submissive but takes charge like a man... basically owning her body and ***uality in whichever way she pleases. I think it’s interesting that guy stands for girl under you... basically going back to my point 

I get your point, i could be slightly wrong right there :chershade_red_wig_oh_hair_hmm:. But you are never in control when you are below, unless you control the one who is on top. So mixed signals i guess.

I'm curious to know what she really means with this part:

"I don't need to be on top
To know what it does, I'm strong enough to know the truth" 

6 minutes ago, ChromaticaGlory said:

To be honest, here are what the messages of the song are like because you seem to have a one-sided view of those songs.

1. Applause is a song about loving how much her fans adore her, and about how all she wants to do is entertain her fans, and make them happy.

2. Do What U Want is indeed a ***ual song, and shouldn't have had R. Kelly on it in the first place. However, the song is also striking back at the media for criticizing her every move. They could take everything they wanted to away from her, but they couldn't take away her mind, or own her life because she wanted to control the narrative of it for a change.

3. As for G.U.Y., it's more than just a song about submitting to someone. It's about being confident in yourself, in what you do, and living in your truth of things.

You might be biased, and I might be too, but the song meanings don't lie, honey. :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

Everything is relative :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:. When it comes down to it all, a song's meaning is its lyrics, which is text, which can be interpreted differently. How Gaga explains the songs, outside of the songs' lyrics themselves are just her interpretations of the texts. 

I still don't like a pretentious bearing, ofc you are allowed to be proud of your work and aesthetics but sometimes it becomes arrogant. Just the album title Artpop, imo, references how she makes pop that is art. And hence excludes the rest of pop culture/history to be artsy. You dig? Also this line i can't stand, which underlines my point:

"Pop culture was in art, now art's in pop culture, in me".

The shade, the delusion, the pretentiousness, the bashing. No, that type of hubristic and haughty self-perception is not something i would like to applaud s reactions gaga GIF

37 minutes ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

But you are never in control when you are below, unless you control the one who is on top.

This is a bit funny but our pinky or our small toes seem to be "less than" or "inferior" than our other body parts, but when you look at it as a whole, they DO serve a purpose for the body, just a different operation, have their own place. So technically they are still in control in some way. I think the song is a bout that. Being satisfied, no more, no less. 

• Like 1

Awkward Schitts Creek GIF by CBC
I mean, if that’s what she and the fans want, then she should obviously go for it! But I think there’s a tendency for some revisionist history when an artist’s fandom does these campaigns. On one hand, there are definitely songs/albums that are overlooked or deserve reevaluation. I still find ARTPOP messy and overwhelming. Not everything that doesn’t click is “ahead of its time” (sorry Bionic!). I think this one is just for the die-hards.

But more power to Gaga! If she gives us a 2.0, I hope she proves me wrong!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block