Why did Jessica Simpson make it but Willa Ford didn’t?

Willa was to much in to the idela of im the badest *****, but her music was very bubblegum..... Jessica in the other side begins being the pop princess stereotype, then the **** one and then she was true to what she wanted to do, so i think her fan base mostly teenagers grew up with her and her madurity... Willa was from the beggining the bad ***** shaming Britney so i think the teenagers from that time wasnt see her as a role model.

I like Willa Ford I have her first album in physical and follow her IG but her carrer was misbehaved from the start

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Timing. The answer is simply timing. She came out at the end of the blonde pop star craze at time when people (i. e. music execs) wanted to shift sounds and have artists with spunk and attitude with a tinge of guitar, not supermodel looks and skimpy outfits over generic pop beats. In other words, had she burst on to the music scene just a couple months prior, she might have had a halfway decent shot a long lasting music career.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
25 minutes ago, Rick101 said:

Taste tho tbh I started listening ironically but so into it towards the end. Her debut isn’t even bad tbh it’s just dated and the sound was tired 

in retrospect it’s fun

honestlt tho teen pop had to end and I’m glad Britney played a role in reigniting and then destroying it (slave 4 u really was the start of the end of teen pop imo) 

Willa Ford was my guilty pleasure back in the day. It’s like, although I’d innocently listen to Dear Diary and Where Are You Now wishing for my Prince Charm to whisk me away into the Nether Forest, that deep dark side of me would hush away and grind my fav slat jam to Willa Ford and pretend to be the inner dirty vixen I know to be (even tho I had literally zero game). Totally reject my love of her of course, but now I can look back on it and remember a time I brought that girl out and how it’s great to be bad sometimes. Meow!  

• Love 3

Jessica has a better voice than Willa and Willa came out bashing Britney and her Ex Nick Carter it wasn’t a pretty look for a new artist! Many wanted to be the anti Britney  for Willa she didn’t have much Star presence or much of an it factor! Jessica was humble and really gained fans by her personality shown on Newlyweds! Willa couldn’t even hold a torch to Mandy Moore lol

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

Why suddenly there's several posts about Jessica Simpson? Answering to the question above: Simpson also didn't make it too and who is Willa???

36 minutes ago, THE_MIKY said:

Made it where?

Who are YOU

19 hours ago, Rick101 said:

@SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN

ive always wondered :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson: why :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson: did Jessica make it while Willa had limited success? WHY :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp: 

Willa was already way more into “urban pop” before Britney or Christina. They copied her obvi :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay: slave 4 u and dirrrty are clearly so inspired I’m shocked Willa wasn’t included in Cassie’s Britney’s insta post and tribute to all the women that have inspired her. 

but anyway.... somethint about Jessica was so ...   irresistible 

did Jessica have that much more of an IT FACTOR?  Why did Jessica last longer? Discuss.

Related:

jessica-willa.jpg.1396b4e01fa215cc979c794098410937.jpg

Sorry. Who?

• Haha 1

I think willa came "TOO HARD". She came TOO **** in the very beginning.

And I got to know her because I read a news like "new singer shades britney" 

Dont show up shading BRITNEY SPEARS! :fu_britney_flipping_off_finger_mad:
but well, her (marketing team) plan worked cos i got curious and went after to know who she was and well... I actually LIKED a lot of the songs of her album, still listen to it.
I wanna be bad is a BANGER!!!
But I think she "didnt make it" long way because she started all with that atittude.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

Willa Ford was my guilty pleasure back in the day. It’s like, although I’d innocently listen to Dear Diary and Where Are You Now wishing for my Prince Charm to whisk me away into the Nether Forest, that deep dark side of me would hush away and grind my fav slat jam to Willa Ford and pretend to be the inner dirty vixen I know to be (even tho I had literally zero game). Totally reject my love of her of course, but now I can look back on it and remember a time I brought that girl out and how it’s great to be bad sometimes. Meow!  

How would you describe the transition of Britney from baby to slave  vs. Willa being bad from the start 

why did Britney’s feel so much more impactful aside from her being the bigger artist ?

3 minutes ago, fabricio83 said:

but well, her (marketing team) plan worked cos i got curious and went after to know who she was and well... I actually LIKED a lot of the songs of her album, still listen to it.
But I think she "didnt make it" long way because she started all with that atittude.

This song. Literally

but ya the album isn’t bad!!!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, fabricio83 said:

Shading Britney? Wow... I don’t understand why she didn’t make being so original...

I think Willa was months ahead with the bad girl trend. This came out like 3 months before Slave and a whole year before Dirrty. She was very deep with the attitude and went even deeper with the music that was intended to be on her second album (S*xyS*xObsessive is quite the bop and Who I Am is a song she wrote for a gay friend, all this in 2003)

The I Wanna Be Bad MV is kinda ahead of its time as well... The first time I watched the scene of her with the white outfit and the dollar sign necklace I thought she was Kesha :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh: Did Ya Understand That (the single that 9/11 "ruined") had a MV where she makes out with the girl that her boyfriend is cheating on her with and there's a nu metal bridge, it's kinda cool.

It's sad she gave up on music. Apparently she's ashamed of her short lived career. I feel god fearing christian vibes coming off her. Sad. :katyfrog_perry_upset_um:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block