Why did Jessica Simpson make it but Willa Ford didn’t?

@SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN

ive always wondered :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson: why :whiteladydance_scarlett_dancing_happy_johansson: did Jessica make it while Willa had limited success? WHY :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp: 

Willa was already way more into “urban pop” before Britney or Christina. They copied her obvi :surething_britney_eyeroll_rolling_eyes_um_okay: slave 4 u and dirrrty are clearly so inspired I’m shocked Willa wasn’t included in Cassie’s Britney’s insta post and tribute to all the women that have inspired her. 

but anyway.... somethint about Jessica was so ...   irresistible 

did Jessica have that much more of an IT FACTOR?  Why did Jessica last longer? Discuss.

Related:

jessica-willa.jpg.1396b4e01fa215cc979c794098410937.jpg

• Haha 1

Jessica Simpson had a semi successful career due to the fact she had Columbia records/the Tommy Mottola machine behind her. Since J.Lo couldn’t stop Mariah, Tommy tried to make a new Mariah. Example debut single was a ballad and first single for 2nd album is honey/spy inspired. Willa unfortunately didn’t have a label that could pump the money Columbia/Sony did... plus jessica was the innocent (attractive) church girl, Willa came off a little too strong. 

Jessica-Simpson-21.gif

• Like 1
16 hours ago, jordeezy said:

She's an interior designer now so it's all good

I saw this!! Honestly good for her for real. I heard she had experienced a lot of label trouble after her first single with the president switching,  and 9/11 (she got a lot of backlash for saying that her second single came out that day but tbh she’s not necessarily wrong, but a lot more was lost that day). 
have you ever heard this, it was supposed to be the lead single off her scrapped 2003/2004 album:

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Willa also was in the reboot of Friday the 13th, but she played as sidney Prescott described the stereotype 

"The dumb blonde with big breasts" from what I gathered, she wasn't actually happy playing an over***ed teenager at 30 something.  

I was shocked to find out she was in the remake about 10 years ago (I think). I was like 4 when I wanna be bad came out but what a bop lmao 

39 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Loving all the Jessica Simpson love on Exhale lately lol.

I think by the time Willa Ford made her debut the GP already had their fill of blonde bombshell pop stars. 

Absolutely loving Jessica as a person from the interviews I’ve been watching a lot of her Open Book promo

i think she’s such a light of energy!!! I don’t listen to her music tho 

11 minutes ago, Rick101 said:

I saw this!! Honestly good for her for real. I heard she had experienced a lot of label trouble after her first single with the president switching,  and 9/11 (she got a lot of backlash for saying that her second single came out that day but tbh she’s not necessarily wrong, but a lot more was lost that day). 
have you ever heard this, it was supposed to be the lead single off her scrapped 2003/2004 album:

OMG how do I know all the lyrics to this song. I used to jam to this song. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Because nobody knows ha, and Jessica Simpson is regarded as a pop staple of the late 90s, but more than that, is recognized as a billionaire business mogul. A true queen :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

You’re absolutely right :forkit_britney_ice_cream_ellen_glory_eating_yum_spoon_food: if u don’t respect Jessica’s hustle get off the site 

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, Niko_TheFreak said:

There was nothing real or authentic about Willa. Was trying so hard to be s**y and "bad" because it was a trend. Britney was real. As with every girl after, Willa tried to mould herself around Britney, and it was a flop.

She even made a diss track for Britney 

i heard she was trained as an opera singer tho 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

OMG how do I know all the lyrics to this song. I used to jam to this song. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Taste tho tbh I started listening ironically but so into it towards the end. Her debut isn’t even bad tbh it’s just dated and the sound was tired 

in retrospect it’s fun

29 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Also 2001 began the anti cookie cutter take down. 

By the time pink released Missundaztood, teen pop was done, and people was Looking for something new and more edgy and authentic. 

honestlt tho teen pop had to end and I’m glad Britney played a role in reigniting and then destroying it (slave 4 u really was the start of the end of teen pop imo) 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block