Stereotypical gay, bi guys in TV shows

I loved the story arc for Justin in Ugly Betty. I once had someone tell me I remind me of him. Which I took as an insult (and probably was), but looking back they weren’t wrong. The character had a big arc where he did come out and had a relationship. But the special thing was he came out without saying “I’m gay”. He held his boyfriend’s hand and danced. So beautiful. Also loved that his gay mentor (Marc) had a mom who actually didn’t accept him and totally rejected him. I thought that was nice and realistic. 

On 4/13/2021 at 7:59 PM, Spicechinodiva said:

You read it, conservative gays don't deserve representation cos you guys are indeed the minority of most gays, and laughed at and denied your orientation the most. 

Because you guys perfer being discreet and in the closet most of your adult life. 

Tapping your shoe in a bathroom stall as Santana would say. 

:watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what: According to your logic, gays as a whole don't deserve representation either because they're the minority in the current hetero***ual society we live in. On that note, you're demonstrating a rather conservative behaviour with your comment so you're once again going against your beliefs. Also, don't confuse ***ual orientation with political ideologies; sometimes they may overlap but sometimes they may not. As long as you don't harm people, I don't see any problem being masculine or discreet or anything else really. 

On 4/13/2021 at 8:01 PM, jordeezy said:

I hope you find happiness, boo. 

:tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus: +1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block