Chris Hemsworth basically admits his Body limits his roles to certain jobs

The actor Chris Hemsworth basically spilled facts, because of his muscular body, he's being type casted in certain roles and isn't being taken seriously as an actor. 

He even explains that his muscular physique is seen as Vanity and Vein to movie directors and If he was to lose weight or get fat, he would get better roles and chances of being taken seriously as an actor. 

This happens to a lot of actors who play superheroes, they are type casted to certain roles and aren't taken seriously by Hollywood. 

Do you agree that his body is what is damaging his career, or do you think he's overthinking it?

@Jordan Miller

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has a point. However, I feel like what you've just wrote is true. He's handsome, therefore, it is understandable that the general public would prefer watching his body in action to him giving his best in acting.

13 minutes ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

It’s not just his body. He’s ridiculously handsome and unfortunately he’ll always be seen as ‘eye candy’. Even if he was the best actor ever, his appearance will always be considered his main selling point. 

That being said, it does not necessary has to be like that. He's friend with Taika Waititi and Natalie Portman. Taika is director and Natalie owns MountainA. Given that, Chris could easily asked them for different roles (like they know people that know people who could cast him etc.) I believe that there are many open doors for him, he just needs to see them so he can change the whole situation. 

:mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

Archived