More iconic career: Jessica Simpson or Billie Eilish?

More iconic career: Jessica Simpson or Billie Elish?  

162 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Okay, and ask any president outside of America if they know her music, I'll wait :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Sweetie aren’t you forgetting? Jessica is the queen of INDIA and was acknowledged by Abdul Kalam hence why her face was plastered on tissue boxes all over the country :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

See when you’re global and don’t only sing about depression :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Love 1
Just now, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

The way that early 2020s Exhale fad Blackout2006 abruptly stopped LEGENDssica’s discography after 2001 is a hate crime against humanity. Get the conservatorship papers ready susss. :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

Nope we are skipping the conservatorship and going straight to jail for this one :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:

she can spend ha time in jail reflecting on ha actions while jamming to Legendsicca whole discography :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

• Haha 1

Clearly Billie lol. 

Jessica is an embarrassment. Remember when she toured in parking lots in a all-in-one trailer stage called the 'Extreme Mobile Venue'? lmao

" The tour was set up on a portable stage called the "Extreme Mobile Venue", with a capacity to hold 10,000 people, and ran in mall parking lots.The arena featured a 300 feet (91 m) stadium stage, complete with a sound system and lights. Arrangements for concertgoers to bungee jump, climb a rock wall, and go mechanical surfing while the singer was not performing were also provided. The venue featured interactive games and exhibits, and was supported by a 9-foot (2.7 m)-high ramp for extreme motorcycle riders. "

Imagine touring and having to bring a mini carnival to get people interested in showing up. I wouldn't be surprised if they had fans packed up in the trailer as well to fill out the crowds for each show lol.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
39 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Ok and? Rihanna doesn't have a single album which sold 10 million or more copies yet that doesn't take away the fact that she was one of, if NOT, the biggest pop girl of the 2010s :roxxy:

This Jessica revisionist history and erasure isn't a good look on you boo, we have to laugh  :roxxy:

Uhhh, Rihanna literally has 2 albums with over 10 million sales (GGGB, Loud) and also you can't compare the late 00s market to the early 00s market AKA the peak of physical sales :roxxy:

38 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Clearly everyone sweets, Jessica is a POP mogul. The way that this is the most talked about thread of the past 24 hours should tell you enough. 200.gif?cid=31ad6aa74cbdlp6fxd2ycauqms22 

I- aq9Apl8.gif

The only reason this thread is a hit is because the king of exhale made it AKA Rik, She has a large fanbase here on Exhale and because Exhale craves for random comparisons, there is literally no other reason besides that aq9Apl8.gif

And the person who quoted u is right. Literally who cares about her singing career? aq9Apl8.gif

30 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

And her overly dramatic faces when she sings 

Angry Jessica Simpson GIF

Queen of smarts, beauty and histrionics. 

Her face, I am screechang aq9Apl8.gifaq9Apl8.gifaq9Apl8.gif

Chile, lemme just endorse this meme :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

30 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

She WAS the 2000s 

HUH?

Even Beyonce had more relevance in the 00s, what level of stupidity is this post? aq9Apl8.gif You just did not pay Britney dust like that, with her CARBON COPY aq9Apl8.gif

37 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

I don't want to be rude with Billie because she's a fellow vegan and she's still so young, but I can't see her as an icon or a music sensation right now, no matter how much praise a bunch of Grammy voters give her. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record: Also... How is she unique? She dresses like Avril Lavigne and whispers through entire songs? :awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor:

She literally is a music sensation however? aq9Apl8.gif Even our fave's debut record wasn't half as acclaimed as Billie's, and she has already established her name in the music industry. Literally everyone knows her fashion style, everybody knows Bad Guy, Has been the most searched female artist of the last 2 years, has sold over 50 million records, and has the 2nd most streamed female album on Spotify, all at the age of 18. But okay, according to you JeSsIcA sImPsOn must be a music sensation, right? aq9Apl8.gif

Also, How on the earth is her fashion anywhere similar to Avril? Like, if you are trying to justify yr inaccurate post, atleast do your homework aq9Apl8.gifWhere does Avril fashion meet with Billie's fashion:

Avril Lavigne | Avril lavigne style, Avril lavigne, Avril lavigne photos

A Timeline of Billie Eilish's Best Instagram Fashion Moments | Vogue

http://ca.hellomagazine.com/images/stories/0/2013/09/26/000/079/399/gallery_3_5.jpg

Billie Eilish's White Chanel Tweed Suit at the 2020 Oscars | POPSUGAR  Fashion UK Photo 6

oH cRaP, tHeSe lOoK sO sImiLaR aq9Apl8.gif

And literally, what is the problem if she whispers in her songs? Is there a problem? She is still singing and atleast she CAN sing aq9Apl8.gif

Also, now that you brought up the discussion on unique-ness, how is Jessica more unique than Billie? aq9Apl8.gif She literally was A MANUFACTURED PUPPET OF BRITNEY MADE AND DESIGNED BY A RICH RECORD LABEL TO MAKE MORE BUCKS SINCE BRITNEY WAS THE BIGGEST POPSTAR AT THE TIME aq9Apl8.gif She is also a literal product of the unprecedented and sudden teen-pop phenomena era that started and lasted in 1996-2001. Notice how music career started declining after the teen pop era was over? aq9Apl8.gif

1 hour ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

:mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: You snapped PERIOD POOH :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas::mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: @Thelegendarybritney come take a look at this SERVE :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Poor @Blackout2006 aq9Apl8.gif 

1 hour ago, Thelegendarybritney said:

Fadout2006’s wig found disintegrated and dissolved into nothing :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat: if you listen closely, you can hear ha whispering Billie eyelash’s lyrics 

SNAPPED? SERVE? aq9Apl8.gif That was literally the most stupid, inaccurate, and biased post I read in Exhale all week long aq9Apl8.gif

The gurl couldn't even source it up with receipts aq9Apl8.gifaq9Apl8.gif

The people here are really reaching, this is why Exhale is having its 2008 financial crisis moment aq9Apl8.gif

1 hour ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

@Blackout2006 is pressed we love to see it

cher-gifxyodua5lz6.gif 

I'm not pressed since I am siding with the right side cher-gifxyodua5lz6.gif

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Clearly everyone sweets, Jessica is a POP mogul. The way that this is the most talked about thread of the past 24 hours should tell you enough. 200.gif?cid=31ad6aa74cbdlp6fxd2ycauqms22 

Since you answer individually to everyone, 50% of the answers are from you on this thread... Without you it would only be 3 pages by now :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:
But I have to admit I liked Irresistible a lot, at the time she was famous :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

Uhhh, Rihanna literally has 2 albums with over 10 million sales (GGGB, Loud) and also you can't compare the late 00s market to the early 00s market AKA the peak of physical sales :roxxy:

I- aq9Apl8.gif

The only reason this thread is a hit is because the king of exhale made it AKA Rik, She has a large fanbase here on Exhale and because Exhale craves for random comparisons, there is literally no other reason besides that aq9Apl8.gif

And the person who quoted u is right. Literally who cares about her singing career? aq9Apl8.gif

Her face, I am screechang aq9Apl8.gifaq9Apl8.gifaq9Apl8.gif

Chile, lemme just endorse this meme :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

HUH?

Even Beyonce had more relevance in the 00s, what level of stupidity is this post? aq9Apl8.gif You just did not pay Britney dust like that, with her CARBON COPY aq9Apl8.gif

She literally is a music sensation however? aq9Apl8.gif Even our fave's debut record wasn't half as acclaimed as Billie's, and she has already established her name in the music industry. Literally everyone knows her fashion style, everybody knows Bad Guy, Has been the most searched female artist of the last 2 years, has sold over 50 million records, and has the 2nd most streamed female album on Spotify, all at the age of 18. But okay, according to you JeSsIcA sImPsOn must be a music sensation, right? aq9Apl8.gif

Also, How on the earth is her fashion anywhere similar to Avril? Like, if you are trying to justify yr inaccurate post, atleast do your homework aq9Apl8.gifWhere does Avril fashion meet with Billie's fashion:

Avril Lavigne | Avril lavigne style, Avril lavigne, Avril lavigne photos

A Timeline of Billie Eilish's Best Instagram Fashion Moments | Vogue

http://ca.hellomagazine.com/images/stories/0/2013/09/26/000/079/399/gallery_3_5.jpg

Billie Eilish's White Chanel Tweed Suit at the 2020 Oscars | POPSUGAR  Fashion UK Photo 6

oH cRaP, tHeSe lOoK sO sImiLaR aq9Apl8.gif

And literally, what is the problem if she whispers in her songs? Is there a problem? She is still singing and atleast she CAN sing aq9Apl8.gif

Also, now that you brought up the discussion on unique-ness, how is Jessica more unique than Billie? aq9Apl8.gif She literally was A MANUFACTURED PUPPET OF BRITNEY MADE AND DESIGNED BY A RICH RECORD LABEL TO MAKE MORE BUCKS SINCE BRITNEY WAS THE BIGGEST POPSTAR AT THE TIME aq9Apl8.gif She is also a literal product of the unprecedented and sudden teen-pop phenomena era that started and lasted in 1996-2001. Notice how music career started declining after the teen pop era was over? aq9Apl8.gif

SNAPPED? SERVE? aq9Apl8.gif That was literally the most stupid, inaccurate, and biased post I read in Exhale all week long aq9Apl8.gif

The gurl couldn't even source it up with receipts aq9Apl8.gifaq9Apl8.gif

The people here are really reaching, this is why Exhale is having its 2008 financial crisis moment aq9Apl8.gif

I'm not pressed since I am siding with the right side cher-gifxyodua5lz6.gif

Why are you so passive aggressive at an opinion? I didn’t say Jess was exactly a music sensation but what I did say about her is true. I wish Billie all the best but Bad Guy is honestly a terrible song. Am I supposed to take seriously critics who think that is better than Baby One More Time, or even I Wanna Love You Forever?

Did she really sell 50 million records? Or was that streaming magic all over again? Right now success is so different compared to back in the Jessica days. People actually had to pay to support someone. Billie may have all that you say she has but that doesn’t make her the music sensation you say she is. If you are a Britney fan like I’m reading between the lines, you should know that. I honestly don’t know anyone in real life who knows her. Again, I wish her all the best.

Billie herself has credited Avril for so much as far as I’m concerned and their fashion is similar in the sense they debuted with baggy clothes, that tomboy style. Those photos you posted as a comparison aren’t even that different, there is a similar vibe, especially if you had chosen another Avril look.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, boyinthemirror said:

Why are you so passive aggressive at an opinion? I didn’t say Jess was exactly a music sensation but what I did say about her is true. I wish Billie all the best but Bad Guy is honestly a terrible song. Am I supposed to take seriously critics who think that is better than Baby One More Time, or even I Wanna Love You Forever?

Did she really sell 50 million records? Or was that streaming magic all over again? Right now success is so different compared to back in the Jessica days. People actually had to pay to support someone. Billie may have all that you say she has but that doesn’t make her the music sensation you say she is. If you are a Britney fan like I’m reading between the lines, you should know that. I honestly don’t know anyone in real life who knows her. Again, I wish her all the best.

Billie herself has credited Avril for so much as far as I’m concerned and their fashion is similar in the sense they debuted with baggy clothes, that tomboy style. Those photos you posted as a comparison aren’t even that different, there is a similar vibe, especially if you had chosen another Avril look.

Sure, sure, sure aq9Apl8.gif

Literally nobody thinks that she shares a same fashion sense as Avril. They both just have share the same tomboyish aesthetic but Billie's clothing is more directed towards hoodies, baggy clothing and wacky ****. Plus, who said critics thought Bad Guy was better than BOMT? Literally nobody has ever said that aq9Apl8.gif And yes she did sell 50 million records, and it wasn't because of streaming since she sells pretty good when it comes to pure sales so what is your point? aq9Apl8.gif You tried when u said she was not unique, when Jessica is no better since she was as quoted earlier "a literal product of the unprecedented and sudden teen-pop phenomena era that started and lasted in 1996-2001" . Even Jessica HERSELF, doesn't care about her music career and even she would laugh at this comparison aq9Apl8.gif

• Haha 1

They say in Exhale don't embrace the past, but those embracing Jessica are stuck in past Nostalgia. 

Everybody knows the day Ashlee Simpson ruined her career on SNL, the end of Jessica's music career was up. 

The fact that she owed one album left under her Sony contract, and they decided since her country album flopped to release playlist: the best of Jessica Simpson as her contract closer. 

@Blackout2006 imagine your label deciding to release a best of to close your contract since those are technically free of charge, they used that as her final major label album. 

She released one album on Ellen's label a Christmas album. 

24 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Sure, sure, sure aq9Apl8.gif

Literally nobody thinks that she shares a same fashion sense as Avril. They both just have share the same tomboyish aesthetic but Billie's clothing is more directed towards hoodies, baggy clothing and wacky ****. Plus, who said critics thought Bad Guy was better than BOMT? Literally nobody has ever said that aq9Apl8.gif And yes she did sell 50 million records, and it wasn't because of streaming since she sells pretty good when it comes to pure sales so what is your point? aq9Apl8.gif You tried when u said she was not unique, when Jessica is no better since she was as quoted earlier "a literal product of the unprecedented and sudden teen-pop phenomena era that started and lasted in 1996-2001" . Even Jessica HERSELF, doesn't care about her music career and even she would laugh at this comparison aq9Apl8.gif

Jessica was a pawn in a point when the music industry was very nasty towards women. Her aesthetic was pretty much Britney-like but her music didn’t sound like Britney aside of those singles her label tried to push. She didn’t last until 2001. If anything 2006-2007 feels more accurate. I wish people weren’t that hard on her, she may not have been very “on your face” about it but she had a really bad time with her mental health. If she feels ashamed of her music then that’s really unfortunate because there is nothing to be ashamed of. People who made her feel like that should be ashamed.

It’s obvious critics think that. The comparison wasn’t made but they clearly think so. Britney never saw that kind of acclaim in her lifetime.

I was aware when Billie’s debut album was certified x1 platinum (pure sales) but I stopped paying attention to her sales. :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke: How much of that is physical/digital sales? If you know, I’m just curious.

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, boyinthemirror said:

Jessica was a pawn in a point when the music industry was very nasty towards women. Her aesthetic was pretty much Britney-like but her music didn’t sound like Britney aside of those singles her label tried to push. She didn’t last until 2001. If anything 2006-2007 feels more accurate. I wish people weren’t that hard on her, she may not have been very “on your face” about it but she had a really bad time with her mental health. If she feels ashamed of her music then that’s really unfortunate because there is nothing to be ashamed of. People who made her feel like that should be ashamed.

And IK already what she struggled with. But there is no point saying Billie is not unique, when you are defending someone who was marketed as a Britney wannabe. Like, it does not make sense. Billie is more artistic and integral as an artist, and that is why she is here. I feel bad for Jessica that she was marketed as a Britney carbon, when she didn't want to be marketed as one, and she did have potential as an individual artist but it is her lack of depth that ruins it for me. I have no problems with her, but it is obvious that Billie has already surpassed her. You can go to the street and ask anyone about Jessica's music, and hardly 5% would know about it. She is a business mogul, and is remembered as one instead of a pop star. It is simply the truth and there's not much explanation to it.

t’s obvious critics think that. The comparison wasn’t made but they clearly think so. Britney never saw that kind of acclaim in her lifetime.

Nah. BOMT was extremely acclaimed, was named by Rolling Stones as greatest debut single, described as a perfect pop song, recognized as a impactful and influential song by critics, and it is in fact one of her most acclaimed hits. No critics think that Bad Guy is better than one of the greatest pop songs of all time.

I was aware when Billie’s debut album was certified x1 platinum but I stopped paying attention to her sales. :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke: How much of that is physical/digital sales? If you know, I’m just curious.

There really isn't much information but from what IK, her album sold 8 million copies and with streams, is over 10 million units

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

And IK already what she struggled with. But there is no point saying Billie is not unique, when you are defending someone who was marketed as a Britney wannabe. Like, it does not make sense. Billie is more artistic and integral as an artist, and that is why she is here. I feel bad for Jessica that she was marketed as a Britney carbon, when she didn't want to be marketed as one, and she did have potential as an individual artist but it is her lack of depth that ruins it for me. I have no problems with her, but it is obvious that Billie has already surpassed her. You can go to the street and ask anyone about Jessica's music, and hardly 5% would know about it. She is a business mogul, and is remembered as one instead of a pop star. It is simply the truth and there's not much explanation to it.

Nah. BOMT was extremely acclaimed, was named by Rolling Stones as greatest debut single, described as a perfect pop song, recognized as a impactful and influential song by critics, and it is in fact one of her most acclaimed hits. No critics think that Bad Guy is better than one of the greatest pop songs of all time.

There really isn't much information but from what IK, her album sold 8 million copies and with streams, is over 10 million units

I don’t think either of them are really groundbreaking. Jessica went for pop with soul and latin undertones while the couple of songs I heard of Billie sounded alternative/indie with mainstream appeal. It’s obvious why Billie would come across as the artistic one. This perception that upbeat pop music can’t be artistic is very old, I think Jessica’s delivery was unique in a way despite how they tried to market her as a whole. But yeah, it’s a fact that Billie is doing what she wants to do, unlike Jessica back then.

I feel BOMT and Britney in general started to be more acclaimed now and just in certain articles. Back then when their opinions mattered and they could have helped her image, critics never praised her like that. She was believed to be a one hit wonder and her music was seen as simple teen pop not worthy enough. I’m glad young girls can get that credibility now, and I’m legit happy for Billie in that way. I don’t like what I heard but that doesn’t mean others don’t have to like her either. :forkit_britney_ice_cream_ellen_glory_eating_yum_spoon_food:

• Love 2

I don’t think it’s fair to compare these two completely different artists. Billie and Jessica are both succesful and legends in their own lane. 

But if I had to choose, I like Jessica’s personality and music better. I just read her book and everyone should! Instead of judging her, try to understand her story more. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

You have Christina as your avi..you have NO room to talk aq9Apl8.gif 

Umm... are we going to act like Jessicas music career was even close to being as successfull as Christinas? Jessica was only a thing in the US and Christina was known wordlwide. Sold out tours world widee and hits worldwide. Jessica is an amazing business woman but in the music industry outside of the US nobody gave a **** about her. 

These are Jessicas album sales 1999 - 2010

1.jpg

and Christinas 1999 - 2010

x.jpg

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block