Keri Hilson "Britney was under strict surveillance when we worked on Blackout"

frTVND4.jpg

Hilson, who collaborated on several songs on Spears' "Blackout" album, has not seen the "Framing Britney Spears" documentary and says she isn't familiar with any of the polarizing allegations, but does remember getting a sample of the pop star's life.

"I knew her to be just a genuine young woman who was in very unfortunate type of surveillance at the time when we worked. It was ridiculous. People cut the bushes out of the studio -- like, they cut holes in the bushes where we worked for weeks," recalled Hilson of the paparazzi. "That would literally affect anyone to be under that kind of scrutiny."

While adamant she's not taking sides, Hilson said her own family has had the difficult experience of making decisions for a relative unfit to make choices for themselves. So she's thought of Britney often.

"I'm obviously going to support her," said Hilson. "I've actually prayed and meditated for her."

Source

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even way before, they set her up to lose, she was so controlled from the very beginning that she became a rebel. She never had a say, they annulled her first marriage (although good decision on Team Con) it’s still controlling her own decisions, Original Doll being scrapped, paparazzi nonstop, media calling her a bad mother, Britney should have bought a ***** and moved to an island where she can be isolated, grow, mature and stand up for herself before all the legal restraints happened.

In a way, in 2007, before the conservatorship, she did kinda say F you to her family but we all know that didn’t work, she fell hard to manipulation and threw in the towel unlike now she’s trying to fight back ;) 

20 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Same. I watched my mom's health disintegrate due to Alzheimer's. My dad was forced to take over as her legal guardian because she became unfit to make decisions about her own care.

It's a much different experience watching Britney's story unfold when you've gone through it yourself.

Sorry babe, my mom was also the guardian for mu uncle who had schizophrenia until he passed away.

But I think our situations are so different from Britney's, if youre able to perform in front of thousands and learn hours of coreography, then youre not someone who needs a c-ship.

37 minutes ago, HairFullOfSecrets said:

Sorry babe, my mom was also the guardian for mu uncle who had schizophrenia until he passed away.

But I think our situations are so different from Britney's, if youre able to perform in front of thousands and learn hours of coreography, then youre not someone who needs a c-ship.

It's a totally different situation...

However, it did give me an appreciation for what it is like for families to have to watch someone else experience a mental health crisis and have to make hard decisions on their behalf.

It also gave me an appreciation for how complicated it all is — not just on the legal side of things, but also the health care side. It's not just stressful, but also time consuming as well.

Archived