Justin Timberlake reportedly aimed to outdo Britney, Madonna & Xtina's VMA performance by setting up the "wardrobe malfunction"

Janet Jackson's stylist for the infamous Super Bowl performance says Justin Timberlake wanted to one-up Britney, Madonna and Christina Aguilera's iconic VMAs performance.

Justin “insisted on doing something bigger than their performance. He wanted a reveal.”

“Janet was going to be in a Rocha dress, and [Justin] was going to step on the back of her dress to reveal her butt in this pearl G-string,” he told Page Six. But “the outfit changed a couple of days before, and you saw the magic.”

“I wouldn’t call it a wardrobe ‘malfunction’ in a million years. It was the most functioning wardrobe in history. As a stylist, it did what it was intended to do,” he said.

BTW, Janet and Justin hav made up. “Janet has already forgiven Justin in private. They made their peace a long time ago,” he said.

britney-jt-janet.jpg.c6463126f3413b080adb44795150a372.jpg
  • Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always had the feeling that JT was so very jealous of Britney's success and impact.

They both knew what they were doing IMO no reason Jan had that sun on her *** not think it wouldn’t be revealed! Makes no sense just to show her bra many women performed in their bras all over! 

Desperation, your name is Justin

Posted Images

If it was Justin who set it up, then why did Janet say it was "her decision" in her apology?

She also told Oprah that her and Justin practiced it beforehand. If the "wardrobe malfunction" was planned, then why were they practicing to make sure nothing would go wrong?

This stylist is not being specific at all and using it as a tease to promote his upcoming "tell-all" book. I wouldn't be so quick to believe everything I read.

• Community Leader
12 minutes ago, AOLUV said:

If it was Justin who set it up, then why did Janet say it was "her decision" in her apology?

She also told Oprah that her and Justin practiced it beforehand. If the "wardrobe malfunction" was planned, then why were they practicing to make sure nothing would go wrong?

This stylist is not being specific at all and using it as a tease to promote his upcoming "tell-all" book. I wouldn't be so quick to believe everything I read.

OOP! 

I feel like this stylist just wanted to say something sensational. It's kinda weird taking the idea away from Janet, too. It makes Janet look like a victim instead of this pop star who wanted to shock and awe the world with an iconic performance stunt.

• Like 3

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

should have just done something like this and have her wear outrageous underwear. It would have made headlines but wouldnt have been a skandal. 

• Like 4