An open letter to Britney's court-appointed attorney Sam Ingham telling him to end the conservatorship

This open letter tells Ingham, watch out, the world is watching what you do. No lawyer can understand what he's doing. He has to explain why he agreed to the other side's motions and not denied them. It is a warning shot for Ingham to fully represent Britney's interests. The goal must be to end guardianship. And in a reasonable time frame. He had 13 years to achieve this goal. None of that happened. Share the letter on social media or send it directly to the press.

• Love 8

I am not sure, since i am not a lawyer, but i would say before the conservatorship is terminated there should be a transition plan for Britney to hire a new team and assist her with her business? Or how does it work? 

Also, it doesn't sit right with me that the letter says "we are the free britney movement" instead of "we are a group of lawyers/professionals/accountats who are part of the free britney movement" etc, which would make more sense in my opinion. Why people want to own the movement so bad? I don't like the approach...

• Love 1
  • Like 5
On 4/11/2021 at 7:40 AM, zenden said:

is this really can help? can u really file to investigate him if he won't do ?

that's what I keep wondering. It would be nice if there was like a higher entity that could overlook this kind of situations, but I ignore if that's actually possible. 

It would be more convenient if the judge Reva Goetz could be investigated instead. Like if he's investigated, and they find out he's done things wrong, what are they gonna do, appoint another lawyer? 

Unless there's a reform in the conservatorship laws, I don't know how they can force them to do anything. But I suppose this letter is backed up by lawyers and other people that are more in the loop. The "good" thing, or not so good, is that even though Britney's situation is extremely unusual and one of a kind, the conservatorship abuse in general is a common problem and that could potentially help to move things faster, or to provoke a change in the law. So this is not a "let's help the rich and famous superstar" kind of thing, but it's something that would benefit a lot of citizens that are subject to this abuse. 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Persona said:

People questioning whether termination is not what Britney wants don’t seem to get the fact that while yes, Britney’s wishes should be respected, the only thing we’ve ever heard her say is that she wants out. And even if she doesn’t right now, which I doubt, it doesn’t actually matter in this situation. Conservatorships aren’t designed for people like her. There are other options much better designed to help her out. Her wishes do not change anything about the truth, which is that this cship was fraudulent from the start, still is, and that someone like her, legally, should not be in one, period. It’s unlawful. 

There isn't a single soul who thinks Britney wants to be in a conservatorship.

I think the question now is...

How can she disentangle herself from the conservatorship in a way that most benefits her?

She's not living in a "normal" situation like that of an "average" conservatee — she had a sweet private visitation schedule brokered outside of the family court system (which has now evaporated and has left her with very little),  her father now owns all of her LLC's, her trademarks, her social media, he brokers her contracts, and she isn't able to earn any future income on her own until he legally relinquishes all of that.

Sure, she can do that through the civil courts, but that will also tie her up in the legal system for years to come...So I think she's likely weighed her options, and decided that because Ingham already understands the situation and has so much of his own dirt on Jamie and Judge Penny that she might as well stick with him for now and ride this out.

• Like 1
On 4/12/2021 at 2:28 AM, Steel Magnolia said:

That makes a lot more sense! Especially given their extremely short time frame.

However, it would set her back months to bring a new Council on board...There's got to be a reason why Britney hasn't already demanded that herself.

The question is, does Britney have the "capacity" to audit "her attorney's" work, negotiate their fee or fire them if she's unhappy with their services? Or it's "her attorney's" view she lacks that as well.

23 minutes ago, Catalin said:

The question is, does Britney have the "capacity" to audit "her attorney's" work, negotiate their fee or fire them if she's unhappy with their services? Or it's "her attorney's" view she lacks that as well.

I'd like to know what the laws are around this.

Yes, Ingham appears to have broken the law in February of 2008 when he made his initial determination...But has he continued to do that?

Does the law allow for her court-appointed attorney to continue to make those determinations against a medical evaluation performed by a doctor? Probably not.

• Like 1