Taylor Swift's 'Fearless' re-release moved 500k copies in 24 hours, scores biggest Spotify debut of 2021

38 minutes ago, Arianna said:

LOL she’s one of the few who writes her own music almost completely on her own. She’s a brilliant lyricist and musician. She has succeeded in so many different genres and music styles. If her music was generic she wouldn’t break every record there is to break, even those of the GOAT. Don’t you have anything better to put your energy into? :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree: 

She has a gift for creating infectious melodies that stick in your head. But that doesn't make her not generic. Taylor usually caters to the lowest common denominator. I can't find any uniqueness to her stuff. I can't get a sense that only Taylor can make music like that . What is to stop someone else from making virtually the exact same sounding music? Nothing. A lot of people can sound like Taylor Swift. I will never get why she is so huge.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Dreams said:

She has a gift for creating infectious melodies that stick in your head. But that doesn't make her not generic. Taylor usually caters to the lowest common denominator. I can't find any uniqueness to her stuff. I can't get a sense that only Taylor can make music like that . What is to stop someone else from making virtually the exact same sounding music? Nothing. A lot of people can sound like Taylor Swift. I will never get why she is so huge.

She has the most awarded pop and country albums in history. That literally means that not everyone can do that. You think if they could, they wouldn’t try? That literally makes no sense. Why wouldn’t someone else try and make the kind of money that Taylor takes in? That would be dumb. The fact is that people can’t do what she does because she is one of a kind.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Ah yes, having 5 albums with over a million sales (which were mostly fueled from her not including her albums on Spotify in its first week) yet none of them surpassed Oops!...I Did It Again first week sales :riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand: 

Oops! sales were impressive, Im not arguing that.  But our fave couldnt repeat that sort of success consistantly, however. Each album  after that sold significantly less, while Taylor has had much more consistent success with her albums compared to our fave. 

These are facts and you will remain pressed:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SS91 said:

This thread is hilarious😂 she killed it and she worked hard for it. Stay pressed, it’s not going to change her sales or stop her from going #1. 

This tbh.  I can't stand Taylor's music, but her albums overall are much more successful than Britney's and she deserves props. I wish Britney had these sales for the last decade.

Our fave could nevah:crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, mythology said:

Oops! sales were impressive, Im not arguing that.  But our fave couldnt repeat that sort of success consistantly, however. Each album  after that sold significantly less, while Taylor has had much more consistent success with her albums compared to our fave. 

These are facts and you will remain pressed:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

Except that I am not even pressed :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: I just pointed out that Britney already did what u said she could neva :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: And yes, Taylor does have more consistent sales but that wasn't the point of your post, so my point still stands :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I see a discussion over who is better,  Taylor or Britney. I mean, could we be comparing more different artists? Is as if you told me, who is better, Queen or The Beatles? C'mon, you are comparing vastly different artists, with very different skills and in totally different contexts. Comparing numbers like that is absurd. Britney was huge, but the leeches around her and her bad choices led her to a de-escalation of her massive reach. In a utopic world, if she had a better team, more loving people and family, she could have easily reached a Michael Jackson legend level. In 5 years of career she was this close. 

Taylor is totally different but not less bright in her own terms. Honestly, Taylor has been an incredibly good marketer, brand builder and a prolific writer. For me she was very hit and miss in her first 6 albums, but I have to admit I was blown away by the last 2. Britney put too much power into other people's hands, but she was a far superior performer. It has taken Taylor a lifetime to stop looking awkward when she was trying to look cool. I mean, we could compare forever and ever and nit-pick at this and that, but they are totally different animals. And the only thing that has stopped Britney from growing was the turmoil, the pain and the exploitation. Taylor has had solid ground to grow and explore. I really see no point in trying to bring one or the other down. Some people will prefer one over the other and.... So? 

6 hours ago, Dreams said:

Totally. She was a better marketer than anything else. She was bland and generic and very paint by the numbers kind of creator. Still, one of her greatest advantages was that it was her writing what she sung and her willingness to speak of emotions while everyone else was talking about grinding in the club. I have to give that to her. She was talking about lullabies and princes while everyone was more and more about the same old, tired topics of one night stands and stuff like that. She followed her own compass. I have to say, these last 2 albums were different. Her writing really moved from generic to powerful. And this comes from someone who, even to this day, can't find the grandiosity in All Too Well or anything pre Folklore except for a few bops scattered here and there. 

3 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

I see middle America and white gays still obsessing over this fad...then again that’s what happens when you release the SAME type of music and play it safe your entire career. :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

Girl what? She has literally went from country to pop to folk/indie. And been successful each time..

• Love 9
6 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

I see middle America and white gays still obsessing over this fad...then again that’s what happens when you release the SAME type of music and play it safe your entire career. :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

Taylor has won album of the year in three different genres.... your comment makes no sense.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

Successica, homeboy here rooting for you and you come up with this :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

you don’t like Taylor that’s fine, but same music and playing safe? :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Except that I am not even pressed :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: I just pointed out that Britney already did what u said she could neva :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: And yes, Taylor does have more consistent sales but that wasn't the point of your post, so my point still stands :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

You're pressed AF to be honest, you wish Britney had these sales.  Our fave only had Oops! that was huge, while Taylor has several of those under her belt and she's still going strong.

My point was that Taylor's record sales overall are much more impressive than our faves, and she's just getting started.

Deal with it:riha_rihanna_cackle_laughing_lol_haha_hehe_lmao_hand:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Greg_del said:

« 3 different genres » gurl it’s literally all pop stop pretending she’s Madonna or something

As one of the resident stans of Madonna..

Country is not Pop, despite what is Labeled as Country Pop Don't tell me is far from that Genre, the Music era imagery of Madonna as a cowgirl was her mocking Faith Hill and Shania Twain them being pop stars, when they're not, she was basically saying stay in your lane, you're not welcome here..

@iAlwaysSingLive I can't believe nobody understands the shade behind the imagery of that era. 

14 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

As one of the resident stans of Madonna..

Country is not Pop, despite what is Labeled as Country Pop Don't tell me is far from that Genre, the Music era imagery of Madonna as a cowgirl was her mocking Faith Hill and Shania Twain them being pop stars, when they're not, she was basically saying stay in your lane, you're not welcome here..

@iAlwaysSingLive I can't believe nobody understands the shade behind the imagery of that era. 

I never interpreted the Dont Tell Me MV looks like that before but it makes sense now :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

20 hours ago, InTheZone4Life said:

She has the most awarded pop and country albums in history.

I don't care about that. This shouldn't even be used to defend music.

People need to stop thinking that artists need to win Grammys in order to make a cultural impact, you don't need to win any award to be musically influential. This is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Award shows are nothing but a promotional circle jerk for “the business” and always have been. It's just a tool for the mainstream megacorp music labels like Universal Music Group to promote their products/artists. They never nominate artists who aren't part of the Universal Music Group spectrum. Bob Marley never won ANY grammys, he never had a number one single, yet he is probably more legendary and globally famous than a lot of people who have won grammys. Do you think The Chainsmokers and Megan Trainot are more important than Bob Marley?

There are so many people in the world just as deserving that we may never discover because they haven’t been packaged up and marketed to the masses.

The Grammys are worthless because not only do they judge and award one of the most highly subjective areas of art, but it’s done in an even more disrespectful way because people make it out to be like the most accurate, god-like accolade you can receive when they only reward the artists that are popular, will bring in money, and aren’t too dangerous.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dreams said:

I don't care about that. This shouldn't even be used to defend music.

People need to stop thinking that artists need to win Grammys in order to make a cultural impact, you don't need to win any award to be musically influential. This is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Award shows are nothing but a promotional circle jerk for “the business” and always have been. It's just a tool for the mainstream megacorp music labels like Universal Music Group to promote their products/artists. They never nominate artists who aren't part of the Universal Music Group spectrum. Bob Marley never won ANY grammys, he never had a number one single, yet he is probably more legendary and globally famous than a lot of people who have won grammys. Do you think The Chainsmokers and Megan Trainot are more important than Bob Marley?

There are so many people in the world just as deserving that we may never discover because they haven’t been packaged up and marketed to the masses.

The Grammys are worthless because not only do they judge and award one of the most highly subjective areas of art, but it’s done in an even more disrespectful way because people make it out to be like the most accurate, god-like accolade you can receive when they only reward the artists that are popular, will bring in money, and aren’t too dangerous.

:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: You do know that it takes more than just Grammys to earn that title, right? Besides, when Taylor won those Grammys, she wasn’t part of Universal. She was still at Big Machine which was an independent label at the time. At least try to do some research. Just literally say you don’t like Taylor and move on. :trash_throw_away_recycle:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block