Songs Britney should cover?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She should cover WAP by cardi b 

Madonna - Justify My Love.   I feel like I’ve seen rumors that she’s already covered it but it has not been released to the public. Madonna - Justify My Love

Thought it would be fun to start a thread of songs people think Britney should cover! (Yes I know, not talking about her recording now, just when the time is right!) I'll go first: Control by Janet

On 4/10/2021 at 12:39 PM, JMcCoy27 said:

Madonna - Justify My Love.

I feel like I’ve seen rumors that she’s already covered it but it has not been released to the public.

Madonna - Justify My Love

I've been on a Ray of Light kick lately so what about Substitute for Love? It's all about Madonna seeking authentic love over fame, especially with her daughter who was born 2 years before the album came out. I would love to see Britney trade in her bops that were written by producers who are simply following a formula and actually record something relevant to her life, like the love she has for her kids and how that's way more important to her than any kind of fame. 

9 hours ago, Million Billion said:

When I was younger around  2006-2015 I felt like it would be perfect if Britney did a cover of the Barbie Girl song by Aqua. She was a human barbie to me, so who else could perfectly portray a Barbie doll. Then I saw what she did for Pretty Girls and I said, nevermind, if it's gonna be that cheap, no. :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

Watch Chaotic again, she's done it. I love shady Britney :chershade_red_wig_oh_hair_hmm:

Agreed! Shady Britney was at her peak in Chaotic!

19 hours ago, Goten21 said:

Do you just wanna hear britney’s voice on these tracks or?

interesting choices lol

No More Lies - Michel’le

You Keep Me Hanging On - Kim Wilde

I think Britney would kill these, and lyrically they fit so well with her life. 

Yeah I would want britney to cover these songs..I actually only put the songs i could imagine her singing ..lyrically the ones I think is DEFINITELY her situation and britney would sound so good singing 

Lily allen  - come on then..honestly listen to it..britney singing about her ******* dad

Tones and I- bad child (again the lyrics perfectly describe britneys using family..listen to it!!) Could imagine britney's 'you oughta know' vocals killing it! ..lyrics are definitely accurate to britney 

The weeknd- final lullaby (definitely would be interesting to hear britney’s vocals on such a deep, short track..) ..saying a final goodbye to someone she loved..I really want britney to work with the weeknds producer's.. like the chorus in 'alone again' with them beats 'I dont know if I can be alone again,  I dont know if I can sleep alone again' britney’s vocals suit this type of music 

Lily allen - him - britney has always been vocal about religion but now that she's older she may feel different..this song basically says  would jesus want any of this? Is he really that perfect? Hasnt enough damage been caused from religion? Do you think he'd drive his car without insurance? Do you think he's interesting or do you think he'd bore us" ..honestly its 2021 in a nutshell..beautiful song

Lily Allen- apples - a raw 'stand and sing' song reflecting on a relationship that fell apart and her reaction to it..if britney recorded something like this her reputation would go through the roof "you gave me my beautiful babies,but it was all too much for me, now im exactly where I didn't want to be, im just like my mommy and daddy... I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" ..such a simple yet sad song..about admitting fault and self recognition.

My one- fun song simply about ***ual partners..the lyrics!!

..its literally easier for you to go through the songs and say which one you don't think would suit britney they all could..

I realised doing this list that she can literally make  songs her own,  she had a very adaptable voice..Happy songs , sad songs..its how she sings it that gives it mood..

All of the above in my first comment are great tracks in my opinion 

Honestly give them a listen..I bet at least 1 will make you cry ..as I did making the list!