Lisa McCarley thinks the conservatorship could end before summer

TakeYourHand

I recently caught up with Lisa and here’s what she had to say regarding the conservatorship. 

Me: Regarding the Britney case what legalities do you feel have been broken?

Lisa: There is no question that Miss Spears constitutional rights were violated in February 2008. She absolutely was entitled to be represented by an attorney of her own choice. 100%. She was absolutely entitled to be served with the paperwork that was filed to conserve her. She was absolutely entitled to a fair and impartial judge. she was entitled to cross examine the witnesses that will testify against her having her freedom and property.  As we all know now, none of this transpired. I think the calls for a congressional hearing is very important and relevant. I think that pressuring the court to subject itself to an investigation is key. Judge Brenda Penny does not have the strength nor legal chops to take action on her own.

Me: Now legally speaking do you think there’s enough evidence to prove the corruption or is this about other things?Also if that’s the case then why do you feel no one has petitioned to end the conservatorship? Is it a legal tactic and based on timing?

Lisa: Journalist and now several members
Of congress - including AOC - are about to get the proof of the incompetence, cronyism and misogyny that is going on. I spent hundreds of dollars making copies and sending overnight priority mail to the AG Merrick Garland and many others. I have submitted a complaint to the State Bar, an agency under pressure to fix itself. I am planning to go as far as I humanly can to let the world know that truly epically ****ed up this was from Day #1. What they can do: call their members of Congress if they live in the USA , call or write to Merrick Garland if they are outside the US. Let them know the world is watching and it’s not looking too good.

Me: My final question for fans is when do you think this chapter will end? Vivian said in her experience that she hasn’t seen a single conservatorship lifted and I do wonder why. Is it possible in the near future in your opinion?

Lisa: I predict it ends before summer - the media will continue to pressure politicians...there are advocates for probate court reform in every state and I have been emailing and texting them to support the movement. The BBC will be releasing another documentary. I have been interviewed for NPR...that should be coming out soon. Lots more to come. Wednesday will be huge. I am already being asked for an interview by overseas media. I promise, I am doing all I can to end this stupid unethical **** show of a conservatorship. And the thing about me - I am armed with the truth and the California probate code.

I hope this gives you guys hope yourselves for anyone who feels uncertain about this situation. 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are so many people involved in free britney. Can someone clarify who Lisa is? Is she the law student/graduate? 

I dont see a dissolution to happen that quick. We are 2 years into this and progress is painfully slow. 

4 minutes ago, Saoru said:

There are so many people involved in free britney. Can someone clarify who Lisa is? Is she the law student/graduate? 

I dont see a dissolution to happen that quick. We are 2 years into this and progress is painfully slow. 

Lisa is a conservatorship attorney in LA since 1997. She’s been very vocal about the movement and has supported Britney and fans by attending rallies and sharing legal facts. She’s a professional and says herself that this situation is corrupt and against the law. 

2 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

Lisa is a conservatorship attorney in LA since 1997. She’s been very vocal about the movement and has supported Britney and fans by attending rallies and sharing legal facts. She’s a professional and says herself that this situation is corrupt and against the law. 

Thank you :saycheese_make_me_mm_hat_smile_peace_sign_grin_glory_britney:

8 minutes ago, FreeLou said:

Highly doubt it, but still this woman is amazing. God bless her. Also, what’s happening on Wednesday? :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

So first and foremost Lisa is beyond awesome for putting her time and craft into this situation. To answer your question nothing is happening this Wednesday. This interview was conducted weeks ago but my phone broke and I took a vacation right after so I didn’t have the time to post. She was referring to the last court date. With that said I have some more interviews coming out down the road and exciting thoughts from interesting people coming soon!

I really like her, but clearly It won't end that quickly... 

25 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

She also mentioned in our personal conversation that this conservatorship is like trying to keep Frankenstein alive, however this monster has no soul. 

Accurate with Britney current situation.

Just now, Buffybot said:

I really like her, but clearly It won't end that quickly... 

Accurate with Britney current situation.

I personally agree however coming from a professional I do think that maybe it won’t take as long as what we all believe! She reenergized some hope into this situation. 

12 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

What a goddess! Lisa the world doesn’t deserve you, my god.

could you ask her how we can help her?

Lisa: What they can do: call their members of Congress if they live in the USA , call or write to Merrick Garland if they are outside the US. Let them know the world is watching and it’s not looking too good.

Lisa is a gem! I'm thinking of writing to the AG as she recommends.

37 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

To answer your question nothing is happening this Wednesday. This interview was conducted weeks ago but my phone broke and I took a vacation right after so I didn’t have the time to post. She was referring to the last court date.

Ugh so sad that nothing came out of the last hearing. If the next hearing is uneventful, we need to rage.

42 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

So first and foremost Lisa is beyond awesome for putting her time and craft into this situation. To answer your question nothing is happening this Wednesday. This interview was conducted weeks ago but my phone broke and I took a vacation right after so I didn’t have the time to post. She was referring to the last court date. With that said I have some more interviews coming out down the road and exciting thoughts from interesting people coming soon!

So she said the last court date would be huge, was she expecting much bigger changes than what ended up happening?

Just now, J in the Mix said:

Lisa is a gem! I'm thinking of writing to the AG as she recommends.

Ugh so sad that nothing came out of the last hearing. If the next hearing is uneventful, we need to rage.

Well I think half the problem is that not enough of us are taking her advice and raising awareness to Congress where actual change can happen. I highly recommend you do! 

Just now, TakeYourHand said:

Well I think half the problem is that not enough of us are taking her advice and raising awareness to Congress where actual change can happen. I highly recommend you do! 

You're right. Hashtags can only do so much. 
It's been amazing to see politicians talk about it on the news though! Sadly it had to be Matt Gaetz though 😭

1 minute ago, Turogue said:

So she said the last court date would be huge, was she expecting much bigger changes than what ended up happening?

She did. She also believes this is a direct result of Sam Inghams lack of energy representing his client and that this is why she would have benefited from a lawyer of her choice. 

2 minutes ago, J in the Mix said:

You're right. Hashtags can only do so much. 
It's been amazing to see politicians talk about it on the news though! Sadly it had to be Matt Gaetz though 😭

Yeah that was an act of political desperation and in no way had to do with Britney’s well being however the free promo is great. 

Archived