Do you really live in the present moment?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

I always strive to, but I think like all of us... I catch myself wandering away into la la land thinking about the past or the future. Living in the moment takes a lot of practice :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

Yes, sometimes it can be really hard, especially when we have school, work etc. It just hard to focus. Tho its not the point to not think at all, totally not, it's impossible, I want all of u to remember that and dont be mad at yourself, its totally normal thing for your mind to do think most of the time. The whole point is to notice that u dont focus on for example your breath and then try to be aware and focus again on your breath. Your mind will still wonder and when u notice it, do the same. It's a practice. There will be easy and hard days to do that, dont judge yourself like "Ohh Im so bad, I suck at this, I cant to that, it's not for me", that's totally not the point - just a little advice to all of you, btw it's called mindfulness. After few months of doing this everday 10/20 minutes at least there's really big benefits. You will notice change after weeks tho. Read about it, google it :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

I recommend everyone in this thread to Byron Katie! She’s an author and talks about ego. Her goal is to get everyone to live in the present moment. I recommend the Expanded Podcast with Lacy Phillips. The episode with Byron Katie. Just brilliant. 

“There is nothing to regret about the past & There is nothing to fear about the future”

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block